- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has credited Zinedine Zidane's appointment as Real
Japan to develop missile-detecting drone to counter China Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 11:18:41 AM IST Japan to develop missile-detecting drone to counter China
Japan is planning to develop an unmanned drone that could help detect a North Korean nuclear missile attack and to counter China's military buildup.
The defence ministry has demanded 3 billion yen over the next four years to develop the aircraft, which would come into operation in 2020, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported without citing sources.
The development of the drone, which will be equipped with an infrared sensor to seek out low-altitude missiles, comes after Japan failed to detect North Korea's failed rocket launch in April.
The launch, described by Pyongyang as an attempt go put a satellite into orbit but condemned by world leaders as a disguised ballistic missile test, saw the rocket disintegrate over the Yellow Sea just two minutes after launch. But Japan was forced to rely on information from the United States and media reports after its own detection systems failed.
Japanese officials later said its alert system could not detect the rocket because of its low-altitude flight path.Japan is also embroiled in a tense territorial dispute with China over a group of islands known as the Senkakus in Japan and Diaoyus in China.
Chinese vessels have moved in and out of what Japan says is its sovereign territory over the last two months, with six Chinese government ships sailing into the Japanese-controlled waters Friday, according to the Japanese coastguard.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Who said this? Bigg Boss contestant and also hair stylist Bhavna Bhavnani gives shoc
- Deepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses now
- shraddha kapoor to judge reality show
- tiger shroff wants to clean noble caharcters
- music will always remain integral part:karan hariharan
- film with SRK at premature stage : kangana Ranaut
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge