- Shraddha Kapoor\'s hot item number in UngliOMG! Soha will not marry for another five yearsBigg Boss 8: Gautam abused KarishmaBad dress sense in BollywoodModel-actress Archana commits suicide, see picsImages: Lisa Haydon has a huge crush on Akshay Kumar?New house for \'Bigg Boss 8\' contestantsWhat makes \'Ungli\' such a special film?Salman Khan vows to get 10 pack abs after fake abs allegationInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor\'s house
Indian women’s hockey team put up a determined effort before going down to a superior So
Japan to develop missile-detecting drone to counter China Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 11:18:41 AM IST Japan to develop missile-detecting drone to counter China
Japan is planning to develop an unmanned drone that could help detect a North Korean nuclear missile attack and to counter China's military buildup.
The defence ministry has demanded 3 billion yen over the next four years to develop the aircraft, which would come into operation in 2020, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported without citing sources.
The development of the drone, which will be equipped with an infrared sensor to seek out low-altitude missiles, comes after Japan failed to detect North Korea's failed rocket launch in April.
The launch, described by Pyongyang as an attempt go put a satellite into orbit but condemned by world leaders as a disguised ballistic missile test, saw the rocket disintegrate over the Yellow Sea just two minutes after launch. But Japan was forced to rely on information from the United States and media reports after its own detection systems failed.
Japanese officials later said its alert system could not detect the rocket because of its low-altitude flight path.Japan is also embroiled in a tense territorial dispute with China over a group of islands known as the Senkakus in Japan and Diaoyus in China.
Chinese vessels have moved in and out of what Japan says is its sovereign territory over the last two months, with six Chinese government ships sailing into the Japanese-controlled waters Friday, according to the Japanese coastguard.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See the sexy side of Shraddha Kapoor in 'Ungli'
- 'Bang Bang' to hit more than 4500 screens
- OMG! Soha will not marry for another five years
- Bigg Boss 8: Gautam abused Karishma
- Bad dress sense in Bollywood
- Model-actress Archana commits suicide, see pics
- Images: Lisa Haydon has a huge crush on Akshay Kumar?
- New house for 'Bigg Boss 8' contestants
- What makes 'Ungli' such a special film?
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind