- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Vasco da Gama took a major step towards securing back-to-back Rio de Janeiro state footbal
Japan to develop missile-detecting drone to counter China Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 11:18:41 AM IST Japan to develop missile-detecting drone to counter China
Japan is planning to develop an unmanned drone that could help detect a North Korean nuclear missile attack and to counter China's military buildup.
The defence ministry has demanded 3 billion yen over the next four years to develop the aircraft, which would come into operation in 2020, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported without citing sources.
The development of the drone, which will be equipped with an infrared sensor to seek out low-altitude missiles, comes after Japan failed to detect North Korea's failed rocket launch in April.
The launch, described by Pyongyang as an attempt go put a satellite into orbit but condemned by world leaders as a disguised ballistic missile test, saw the rocket disintegrate over the Yellow Sea just two minutes after launch. But Japan was forced to rely on information from the United States and media reports after its own detection systems failed.
Japanese officials later said its alert system could not detect the rocket because of its low-altitude flight path.Japan is also embroiled in a tense territorial dispute with China over a group of islands known as the Senkakus in Japan and Diaoyus in China.
Chinese vessels have moved in and out of what Japan says is its sovereign territory over the last two months, with six Chinese government ships sailing into the Japanese-controlled waters Friday, according to the Japanese coastguard.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor-starrer romantic action film “Baaghi” has received an
- Alia, Varun in 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya' sequel?
- Bipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' pics
- Abhishek Bachchan resumes work post injury
- Eyebrows up as Sanjay Dutt hobnobs with BJP
- Big B gets inspiration from fans' love
- Akshay Kumar sorry for fan-punching incident
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of