- Kangana walks ramp for designer Manav GangwaniChina's chicken, lamb kebabs in DelhiSee Richa in de-glamourised avatarAjay Devgn's Drishyam earns Rs 17 crore in 2 days'Menstruation and girls relation'Ban lifts from SRK to enter Wankhede StadiumB-town wishes fans Happy Friendship DayShilpa turns fashion divaComplete list of Smart CitiesMaria replaces Giulina
Sporting legend Milkha Singh in Chandigarh on Sunday congratulated golfer Ranveer Singh Sa
Nepalese woman gang raped inside University campus Last Updated : 15 Oct 2012 09:32:59 PM IST File photo.
A 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal was allegedly raped by an eight member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of Bangalore University, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala, the two said in a joint complaint.
The woman said the inebriated gang members forcibly took them deeper into the woods, relieved them of their valuables, including ipod and mobile phones and demanded money from her boyfriend. He was sent him back to the car with a gang member to bring his wallet when he told them it was in the vehicle.
She was then sexually assaulted.
The boyfriend saw a beat constable near the car and asked him for help after which the gang member fled the spot. Though he along with police searched for the woman, they could not find her.
Around 1 AM he got a call from her, saying the gang had dropped her back near the hostel after raping her.
A medical examination was done and the result was awaited, police said, adding the woman is in stable condition.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pranab Mohanty said "the medical examination has already been conducted but we are yet to receive the report which also includes the forensic analysis report. It might take sometime. Once we get it we can ascertain the truth," he said.
Meanwhile, former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University N Prabhudev condemned the incident and said the Syndicate had agreed to grant over an acre of land to the City Police to set up a full-fledged police station in the university premises.
"At the moment, we have just a police outpost. There is an urgent need to have not just a police station, but armed patrols to cover over 800 acres round the clock, especially at night incidents of drug trafficking, sandalwood smuggling, chain snatching and even molestation have been reported in the area in the recent past".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
She is the reigning queen of Bollywood and everybody wants a piece of her but actress Kang
- Ram Gopal Varma against porn ban
- See Richa in de-glamourised avatar
- Ajay Devgn's Drishyam earns Rs 17 crore in 2 days
- B-town wishes fans Happy Friendship Day
- Shilpa turns fashion diva
- Maria replaces Giulina
- Gordon begs for attending his girl friend's funeral
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta to announce two new projects
China has set up the world's largest mosquito factory in northwestern Guangzhou province t
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that