- These stars were threatened by underworldBig B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, AbhishekSushmita Sen's fab body secretsDiana\'s 10 million pound gift to Prince HarryRanbir Kapoor's new passionShah Rukh Khan seeks privacy for AbRamAnushka Sharma romances Sidharth MalhotraHrithik celebrates Ganesh VisarjanB-Town spares Katrina because of SalmanWhat did Deepika posts on Ranbir's account
Liverpool's speedy attacking unit produced a 3-0 victory at Tottenham though Mario Balote
Nepalese woman gang raped inside University campus Last Updated : 15 Oct 2012 09:32:59 PM IST File photo.
A 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal was allegedly raped by an eight member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of Bangalore University, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala, the two said in a joint complaint.
The woman said the inebriated gang members forcibly took them deeper into the woods, relieved them of their valuables, including ipod and mobile phones and demanded money from her boyfriend. He was sent him back to the car with a gang member to bring his wallet when he told them it was in the vehicle.
She was then sexually assaulted.
The boyfriend saw a beat constable near the car and asked him for help after which the gang member fled the spot. Though he along with police searched for the woman, they could not find her.
Around 1 AM he got a call from her, saying the gang had dropped her back near the hostel after raping her.
A medical examination was done and the result was awaited, police said, adding the woman is in stable condition.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pranab Mohanty said "the medical examination has already been conducted but we are yet to receive the report which also includes the forensic analysis report. It might take sometime. Once we get it we can ascertain the truth," he said.
Meanwhile, former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University N Prabhudev condemned the incident and said the Syndicate had agreed to grant over an acre of land to the City Police to set up a full-fledged police station in the university premises.
"At the moment, we have just a police outpost. There is an urgent need to have not just a police station, but armed patrols to cover over 800 acres round the clock, especially at night incidents of drug trafficking, sandalwood smuggling, chain snatching and even molestation have been reported in the area in the recent past".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rocker Bruce Springsteen is all set to publish an illustrated cowboy story for youngsters
- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to Ganesha
- These stars were threatened by underworld
- Big B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, Abhishek
- After threat, Boman Irani gets police protection
- Unwell Amitabh Bachchan cancels film shoot
- Sushmita Sen's fab body secrets
- 'Mary Kom' goes tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Ranbir Kapoor's new passion
A five year old boy found that his mother is pregnant, his reaction was What ..What were
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l