- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose will defend his UBS Hong Kong Open golf title, while Ma
Nepalese woman gang raped inside University campus Last Updated : 15 Oct 2012 09:32:59 PM IST File photo.
A 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal was allegedly raped by an eight member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of Bangalore University, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala, the two said in a joint complaint.
The woman said the inebriated gang members forcibly took them deeper into the woods, relieved them of their valuables, including ipod and mobile phones and demanded money from her boyfriend. He was sent him back to the car with a gang member to bring his wallet when he told them it was in the vehicle.
She was then sexually assaulted.
The boyfriend saw a beat constable near the car and asked him for help after which the gang member fled the spot. Though he along with police searched for the woman, they could not find her.
Around 1 AM he got a call from her, saying the gang had dropped her back near the hostel after raping her.
A medical examination was done and the result was awaited, police said, adding the woman is in stable condition.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pranab Mohanty said "the medical examination has already been conducted but we are yet to receive the report which also includes the forensic analysis report. It might take sometime. Once we get it we can ascertain the truth," he said.
Meanwhile, former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University N Prabhudev condemned the incident and said the Syndicate had agreed to grant over an acre of land to the City Police to set up a full-fledged police station in the university premises.
"At the moment, we have just a police outpost. There is an urgent need to have not just a police station, but armed patrols to cover over 800 acres round the clock, especially at night incidents of drug trafficking, sandalwood smuggling, chain snatching and even molestation have been reported in the area in the recent past".
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mostly seen in comic roles, actor Vir Das who will be seen in a role of a Sikh man in thri
- Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Eijaz Khan roped in for 'Bahu Humari Rajni_kant'
- Big B to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Why did Kajol decide to marry Ajay Devgn?
- Chunky Pandey excited about his new project
- Akshay starts 'Jolly LLB 2' journey from Lucknow
- Ranbir Kapoor willing to play homosexual on screen
- Captured: Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani on Secret Holiday
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic smartphone-maker Intex technologies on Wednesday announced its partnership with R