- Alia shares her dating fundas for V-DayNimrat Kaur's 'dream come true' at sis's weddingChiranjeevi's daughter set for second marriageModi inaugurates Make In India's first CentreSana Khan's photo shoot for V-DayApple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3Ten top best destinations to visit in USHottest Kissing Scenes Of Bollywood!Kareena excited about her look in 'Ki and Ka'Revealed: Why Parineeti Chopra wants to sing
India produced a disappointing performance to lose to arch-rivals Pakistan 0-1 in a lacklu
Nepalese woman gang raped inside University campus Last Updated : 15 Oct 2012 09:32:59 PM IST File photo.
A 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal was allegedly raped by an eight member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of Bangalore University, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala, the two said in a joint complaint.
The woman said the inebriated gang members forcibly took them deeper into the woods, relieved them of their valuables, including ipod and mobile phones and demanded money from her boyfriend. He was sent him back to the car with a gang member to bring his wallet when he told them it was in the vehicle.
She was then sexually assaulted.
The boyfriend saw a beat constable near the car and asked him for help after which the gang member fled the spot. Though he along with police searched for the woman, they could not find her.
Around 1 AM he got a call from her, saying the gang had dropped her back near the hostel after raping her.
A medical examination was done and the result was awaited, police said, adding the woman is in stable condition.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pranab Mohanty said "the medical examination has already been conducted but we are yet to receive the report which also includes the forensic analysis report. It might take sometime. Once we get it we can ascertain the truth," he said.
Meanwhile, former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University N Prabhudev condemned the incident and said the Syndicate had agreed to grant over an acre of land to the City Police to set up a full-fledged police station in the university premises.
"At the moment, we have just a police outpost. There is an urgent need to have not just a police station, but armed patrols to cover over 800 acres round the clock, especially at night incidents of drug trafficking, sandalwood smuggling, chain snatching and even molestation have been reported in the area in the recent past".
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia Bhatt shares her dating fundas on Valentine's Day.
- Nimrat Kaur's 'dream come true' at sis's wedding
- Chiranjeevi's daughter set for second marriage
- Sana Khan's photo shoot for V-Day
- Hottest Kissing Scenes Of Bollywood!
- Really! Priyanka Chopra might go to the moon for a new film?
- Kareena excited about her look in 'Ki and Ka'
- Revealed: Why Parineeti Chopra wants to sing
- Aishwarya visits Golden Temple for 'Sarabjit' shooting
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Apple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 15th.