- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Nepalese woman gang raped inside University campus Last Updated : 15 Oct 2012 09:32:59 PM IST File photo.
A 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University from Nepal was allegedly raped by an eight member gang deep inside the wooded campus area of Bangalore University, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala, the two said in a joint complaint.
The woman said the inebriated gang members forcibly took them deeper into the woods, relieved them of their valuables, including ipod and mobile phones and demanded money from her boyfriend. He was sent him back to the car with a gang member to bring his wallet when he told them it was in the vehicle.
She was then sexually assaulted.
The boyfriend saw a beat constable near the car and asked him for help after which the gang member fled the spot. Though he along with police searched for the woman, they could not find her.
Around 1 AM he got a call from her, saying the gang had dropped her back near the hostel after raping her.
A medical examination was done and the result was awaited, police said, adding the woman is in stable condition.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pranab Mohanty said "the medical examination has already been conducted but we are yet to receive the report which also includes the forensic analysis report. It might take sometime. Once we get it we can ascertain the truth," he said.
Meanwhile, former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University N Prabhudev condemned the incident and said the Syndicate had agreed to grant over an acre of land to the City Police to set up a full-fledged police station in the university premises.
"At the moment, we have just a police outpost. There is an urgent need to have not just a police station, but armed patrols to cover over 800 acres round the clock, especially at night incidents of drug trafficking, sandalwood smuggling, chain snatching and even molestation have been reported in the area in the recent past".
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major