- Freida Pinto to guest star on \'The Mindy Project\'Radhika Apte - The lucky girlSalman\'s tweets on Yakub Menon were misinterpreted: PulkitWhat inspires Milind to make his 50th birthday remarkable?Is Kim Kardashian faking her baby bump?Unknown facts about Sanjay DuttKapil Sharma performs for fans in HamiltonKnow who Huma Qureshi attributes her success to?Kalam\'s funeral on Thursday in TNUnknown facts about Huma Qureshi
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
US election:Romney leads in national polls as presidential race gets close Last Updated : 10 Oct 2012 08:57:23 AM IST US election:Romney leads in national polls as presidential race gets close
With his impressive performance during the last week's debates, the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has taken a lead of less than a per cent over US President Barack Obama, major national surveys have said.
Real Clear Politics, the website which maintains a track of all the major national polling, yesterday reported for the first time that Romney leads by a margin of 0.7 percentage points over Obama if the average of all the recent polls are taken.
While Rasmussen Tracking puts both the leaders at a virtual tie (with 48 per cent), Romney has a lead of two per cent over Obama in two polls Gallup polls and IBD / TIPP Tracking gives.The lead increases to four per cent in the Pew Research poll.
However, the margins of all these polls come within the range of statistical error. As such experts are now saying this as a very close race. Whereas, the Obama Camp brushed off the poll results in the aftermath of the last week's debate.
"The one thing I will say is that we've always felt this race would be close. That's not a new approach from our end,"the Obama Campaign spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, told reporters travelling with Obama on Air Force One.
"We feel that the race and the states in play have been entirely consistent. They were a couple of weeks ago; they still are today. This is a race that is being competed every day -- about seven to nine states. That's where we're up on the air. That's where our focus is. And so I don't have any changes or updates on the strategy beyond that," Psaki said.
Meanwhile, some regional polls suggested that Romney has started narrowing the lead in some of the key battle ground States. One of them being the key battle ground State,according to a latest CNN poll.
Obama now has an advantage over Romney by four percentage point, which comes within the sampling error. Before the debate Obama had a lead of 7-10 point advantage over the former governor of Massachusetts.
American Research Group poll for Ohio released yesterday gave Romney (48 per cent) a one per cent lead over Obama (47per cent) among likely voters. "Independent voters, suburban voters, and older voters are all evenly divided, indicating a close race right now," says CNN Polling director Keating Holland.
"But that's not a prediction of what will happen in November. With one in eight likely voters saying that they could change their minds between now and November, and several crucial debates still to come, there is every reason to expect the race to change in Ohio," Holland said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"Slumdog Millionaire" actress Freida Pinto will reportedly guest star on the upcoming four
- Radhika Apte - The lucky girl
- Salman's tweets on Yakub Menon were misinterpreted: Pulkit
- What inspires Milind to make his 50th birthday remarkable?
- Is Kim Kardashian faking her baby bump?
- 'Dilwale' is a big film says Ajay
- Unknown facts about Sanjay Dutt
- Kapil Sharma performs for fans in Hamilton
- Know who Huma Qureshi attributes her success to?
An American family has found more than USD 1 million worth of gold artefacts, including 52
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that