- Rani shares a pic of Adira on first birthdayReasons why you should not miss BefikreFive tips to create cosy living roomSuffering from high BP? Try yogaDeepika Padukone named sexiest Asian womanSee what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age'Feeling much better now,' tweets Dilip KumarSee how bold was JayalalithaaLook who looked best at Manish Malhotra's Golden JubileeEven the death certificate of Jayalalithaa goes viral
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
US election:Romney leads in national polls as presidential race gets close Last Updated : 10 Oct 2012 08:57:23 AM IST US election:Romney leads in national polls as presidential race gets close
With his impressive performance during the last week's debates, the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has taken a lead of less than a per cent over US President Barack Obama, major national surveys have said.
Real Clear Politics, the website which maintains a track of all the major national polling, yesterday reported for the first time that Romney leads by a margin of 0.7 percentage points over Obama if the average of all the recent polls are taken.
While Rasmussen Tracking puts both the leaders at a virtual tie (with 48 per cent), Romney has a lead of two per cent over Obama in two polls Gallup polls and IBD / TIPP Tracking gives.The lead increases to four per cent in the Pew Research poll.
However, the margins of all these polls come within the range of statistical error. As such experts are now saying this as a very close race. Whereas, the Obama Camp brushed off the poll results in the aftermath of the last week's debate.
"The one thing I will say is that we've always felt this race would be close. That's not a new approach from our end,"the Obama Campaign spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, told reporters travelling with Obama on Air Force One.
"We feel that the race and the states in play have been entirely consistent. They were a couple of weeks ago; they still are today. This is a race that is being competed every day -- about seven to nine states. That's where we're up on the air. That's where our focus is. And so I don't have any changes or updates on the strategy beyond that," Psaki said.
Meanwhile, some regional polls suggested that Romney has started narrowing the lead in some of the key battle ground States. One of them being the key battle ground State,according to a latest CNN poll.
Obama now has an advantage over Romney by four percentage point, which comes within the sampling error. Before the debate Obama had a lead of 7-10 point advantage over the former governor of Massachusetts.
American Research Group poll for Ohio released yesterday gave Romney (48 per cent) a one per cent lead over Obama (47per cent) among likely voters. "Independent voters, suburban voters, and older voters are all evenly divided, indicating a close race right now," says CNN Polling director Keating Holland.
"But that's not a prediction of what will happen in November. With one in eight likely voters saying that they could change their minds between now and November, and several crucial debates still to come, there is every reason to expect the race to change in Ohio," Holland said.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On the eve on her first birthday, Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with long time beau Adit
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
- Pics:Deepika Padukone named sexiest Asian woman
- Russell Crowe cleared in Azealia Banks case
- See what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age
- "Feeling much better now," tweets Dilip Kumar
- Raees trailer: Shah Rukh Khan like never before
- Rajinikanth, Suriya pay last respects to Cho Ramaswamy
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit