- Celebs who choose Work over HoneymoonNo \'aaj ki party\' song in Bajrangi BhaijaanSalman Khan finally ready to get married as per his family\'s wishWhy Alia Bhatt dislikes her father Mahesh Bhatt\'s franknessUnknown facts about Shahid\'s girl Mira RajputHema Malini injured and a 4-yr -old dead in a road accident in RajasthanWhy children love Salman?Aashiqui girl\'s tell-all autobiogrphyAbrar Nadiadwala entered Marathi filmKnow how to become famous on Facebook
Lionel Messi produced a scintillating individual performance as Argentina destroyed Paragu
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Like many other Bollywood celebrities Sasha also choose to WORK over honeymoon. Follow on
- No 'aaj ki party' song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Salman Khan finally ready to get married as per his family's wish
- Why Alia Bhatt dislikes her father Mahesh Bhatt's frankness
- Unknown facts about Shahid's girl Mira Rajput
- Why children love Salman?
- Aashiqui girl's tell-all autobiogrphy
- Abrar Nadiadwala entered Marathi film
- Super-Hot teaser of 'Calendar Girls' out!
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe