- Nissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman KhanOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
Highly rated Formula One driver Nico Hulkenberg will spend his fourth season at Force Ind
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The best friends in Bollywood, superstars Salman Khan and Aamir Khan, will be seen togethe
- Why did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?
- Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tape
- Top most Sexy South Sirens
- In pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
- Ekta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
- Watch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country