- Rani shares a pic of Adira on first birthdayReasons why you should not miss BefikreFive tips to create cosy living roomSuffering from high BP? Try yogaDeepika Padukone named sexiest Asian womanSee what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age'Feeling much better now,' tweets Dilip KumarSee how bold was JayalalithaaLook who looked best at Manish Malhotra's Golden JubileeEven the death certificate of Jayalalithaa goes viral
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On the eve on her first birthday, Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with long time beau Adit
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
- Pics:Deepika Padukone named sexiest Asian woman
- Russell Crowe cleared in Azealia Banks case
- See what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age
- "Feeling much better now," tweets Dilip Kumar
- Raees trailer: Shah Rukh Khan like never before
- Rajinikanth, Suriya pay last respects to Cho Ramaswamy
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit