- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut starrer 'Revolver Rani' hit theatres on Friday, 25 April, 2014 and the 'Que
- Women with the world's best butts
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood