- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Vasco da Gama took a major step towards securing back-to-back Rio de Janeiro state footbal
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
National Award-winning actor Manoj Bajpayee will be “saluting” the spirit of traffic
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen
- Can't play negative roles
- Manoj Bajpayee to gift reflective jackets
- Younger generation respectful
- Civil War' earns $200.2 mn
- 'Baaghi' collects 35 crores in opening weekend
- Alia, Varun in 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya' sequel?
- Bipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' pics
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind