- Omg! Deepika did not invite Amitabh bachchan to piku success party.Is Kangana making Alia, Deepika and Priyanka insured?Oops! Nargis Fakir\'s deep cleavage showTeaser of \'Bajrangi Bhaijaan\' releasedLeone meets police on obscenity, porn mattersTanu Weds Manu Returns inching towards 100 crores in just six days!Kylie Jenner shuts pregnancy rumorsSee Salman Khan practicing for AIBA 2015Royal Enfield unveils bikes and gearsTattoo lovers, beware!
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Deepika threw avid party to celebrate pikus success but her on screen father was not invit
- Is Kangana making Alia, Deepika and Priyanka insured?
- Oops! Nargis Fakir's deep cleavage show
- Teaser of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' released
- Watch: Salman's most awaited 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser unveiled
- Leone meets police on obscenity, porn matters
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns inching towards 100 crores in just six days!
- Kylie Jenner shuts pregnancy rumors
- Inside story of Kangana Ranaut's hot affair!
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government will soon launch a mobile application in next three months to enable consumers