- Maruti to launch Ciaz, mini SUV soonStop erickshaws, HC tells Delhi govtList of forthcoming action moviesMeet Yuvraj\'s new lady loveOctopus has egg-brooding periodWhy are Salman's Muslim fans upset with him?Humaima goes bold in Raja Natwarlal, view picsMumtaz was in love with Shammi KapoorHottest star at CWG 2014Awesome Jacques Kallis retires
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 09:54:55 AM IST US, Pak agrees to work together to deal with IED threats
The US and Pakistan have agreed to work together for improving their efforts to combat the threat posed by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Af-Pak region.
During a meeting of the US and Pakistan Convene Law Enforcement and Counter-terrorism Working Group yesterday, the two countries discussed means to disrupt illicit networks that supply the components and financing for IEDs in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik and William Brownfield, the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs co-chaired the meeting at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
"The US and Pakistani delegations emphasised on the importance of taking action against the threat posed by IEDs to their respective civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel," the State Department said in a statement.
The US delegation reiterated the danger these devices pose to Pakistan as well as the coalition forces working to establish stability and security in Afghanistan.The delegation also took note of the steps taken by Pakistan to combat IEDs.
"Both sides recommitted to pursuing practical solutions for improving joint efforts to combat IEDs and work with the Government of Afghanistan to improve security along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border," the statement said.
During the meeting, the two countries agreed to strengthen coordination and communication, improve enforcement of existing laws on transport and storage of IED precursors, increase public awareness of threat posed by IED networks and facilitators, disrupt financial flows supporting such networks and improve interdiction efforts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Meena Kumari,the legendary tragedy queen of Indian cinema continues to live deep into the
- SRK is 'king' of Bollywood: Salman Khan
- Oops! Kareena flaunts her assets, watch video
- Aamir Khan launches 'PK' motion poster: Watch now
- List of movies to be released in August 2014
- Watch Priyanka Chopra's Mary Kom song Ziddi Dil
- I am not friends with SRK: Ajay Devgn
- I have huge crush on Salman Khan: Humaima
- Aamir Khan's plan for 'PK' promotions
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.