- Unknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from Rangoon
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Date while you travel Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 02:16:23 PM IST Date while you travel
Love at first flight! A dating website Meetattheairport.com has been created as many young professionals are constantly travelling for building their careers. They can use this airport dating to meet new people.
Stranded airport passengers are increasingly turning to travel dating websites to combat boredom and meet new people while they wait at the departure gate.
Steve Pasternack, a web entrepreneur, has created a dating website Meetattheairport.com that enables travellers to connect at the airport.The website already has 20,000 members worldwide according to founder Pasternack, who created the website after a delayed flight left him stranded at Miami Airport.
According to dating strategist Rachel Greenwald, these ideas are a natural progression of the popular niche-dating site concept. On-line dating has exploded in popularity, since first coming to prominence in the mid-90s, becoming increasingly specialised in the last five years or so, Greenwald said.
A report from web-business industry body Subscription Site Insider found that more than 25 million people registered for on-line dating sites globally in April 2011 alone.
"[There are now] dating sites for wine lovers, tall people... there's also another which connects people on their book tastes," Greenwald says.
"[Many] young professionals in their 20s and 30s are constantly travelling as they build their careers. They simply don't have time to date when they're at home, so this [airport dating] could be very efficient," she said.
Pasternack claims the platform has attracted roughly 20,000 members worldwide, 'CNN' reported. The website asks new members to enter their personal interests, and an aesthetic profile, before adding flight details and departure airport.
It then matches flyers up with individuals that have similar interests and travel arrangements. So far people in the US, Mexico and Germany have shown most interest, although Pasternack says members have joined from all over the world.
"What better time to meet somebody new than when you're sitting in an airport? "This person could be a travel companion [or] they could be from the place you're going. It could turn into a friendship, a romance. It could work out for business, many things," he said.
Pasternack is not alone in exploring the possibility of transforming airports into social meeting places. Vantaa Airport in Helsinki, Finland, recently considered
the possibility of introducing an airport speed-dating service, the report said.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -