- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?It's a boy for Riteish-GeneliaMeet Jayalaxmi the new nightingaleSalman kissed girlfriend JaqualineVanessa Hudgens gets restraining orderFilm Savita Barbie: Shanti Dynamite Out, Gehana In
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Women likes to send 'sexts' messages Last Updated : 23 Jun 2011 07:16:29 PM IST File photo.
Sexting, or the act of sending sexually explicit messages via mobile phones, is popular with both the sexes. But a new study has claimed that it is the women who are more likely to have 'sexted' than men.
Researchers studying sex and cheating in cyberspace questioned 5,187 men and women who belonged to a website where married people look for extra-marital flings.
They found that women were far more likely than men to engage in a bit of sexting, the Daily Mail reported.
Two-thirds of them had cheated online, while three-quarters admitted having an affair having had an affair in real life.
Researcher Diane Kholos Wysocki, from the University of Nebraska and Cheryl Childers, from Washburn University in Kansas, highlighted how the Internet has made it much easier for people to cheat on their partners.
However, they concluded that despite the popularity of 'sexting', most people do not view the Internet as a substitute for real-life physical contact.
And while people may initially use the Internet to find potential sexual partners, the survey also indicated that most were ultimately interested in bringing online encounters into the real world.
"Our research suggests that as technology changes, the way people find each other and the way they attract a potential partner also changes," the authors said.
"While social networking sites are increasingly being used for social contact, people continue to be more interested in real-life partners, rather than online partners.
"It seems that, at some point in a relationship, we need the physical, face-to-face contact. Part of the reason for this may be that, ultimately, humans are social creatures."
The findings were published in Springer's journal Sexuality and Culture.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After sharing a screen space with Madhuri Dixit in 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani', Rockstar Ran
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
- Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?
- Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
- It's a boy for Riteish-Genelia
- Meet Jayalaxmi the new nightingale
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.