- OMG, Salman\'s ex flame turns a vampPics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister IsabelIndia-Japan relations enter new eraVideo: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot picsSuperstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethicsNude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leakedPICS: Oldest woman loves chocolates, sleeps for days!Priyanka Chopra can pack a punchMeet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl Akanksha
The fastest man on earth, Usain Bolt, is all set to make his date with India by involvin
Women likes to send 'sexts' messages Last Updated : 23 Jun 2011 07:16:29 PM IST File photo.
Sexting, or the act of sending sexually explicit messages via mobile phones, is popular with both the sexes. But a new study has claimed that it is the women who are more likely to have 'sexted' than men.
Researchers studying sex and cheating in cyberspace questioned 5,187 men and women who belonged to a website where married people look for extra-marital flings.
They found that women were far more likely than men to engage in a bit of sexting, the Daily Mail reported.
Two-thirds of them had cheated online, while three-quarters admitted having an affair having had an affair in real life.
Researcher Diane Kholos Wysocki, from the University of Nebraska and Cheryl Childers, from Washburn University in Kansas, highlighted how the Internet has made it much easier for people to cheat on their partners.
However, they concluded that despite the popularity of 'sexting', most people do not view the Internet as a substitute for real-life physical contact.
And while people may initially use the Internet to find potential sexual partners, the survey also indicated that most were ultimately interested in bringing online encounters into the real world.
"Our research suggests that as technology changes, the way people find each other and the way they attract a potential partner also changes," the authors said.
"While social networking sites are increasingly being used for social contact, people continue to be more interested in real-life partners, rather than online partners.
"It seems that, at some point in a relationship, we need the physical, face-to-face contact. Part of the reason for this may be that, ultimately, humans are social creatures."
The findings were published in Springer's journal Sexuality and Culture.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Popular TV series 'Game of Thrones' has finally got the green light from the Croatian film
- OMG, Salman's ex flame turns a vamp
- Pics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister Isabel
- Motion poster of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa revealed
- Video: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014
- Amitabh Bachchan hits 10-million milestone on Twitter
- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot pics
- Superstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethics
- Nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leaked
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l