- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeralSharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screens
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
Apple to build two new R&D centres in China IANS Last Updated : 18 Mar 2017 12:39:20 PM IST (File Photo)
To boost local talent, tech giant Apple has announced it would invest $508 million in China to build ' title=' in China to build '>in China to build two additional Research and Development (R&D) centres in Shanghai and Suzhou.
According to a report in MacRumors on Friday, Apple's attempt to boost its presence in China began last September with the opening of its first R&D centre in Beijing's Zhongguancun Science Park, often referred to as "China's Silicon Valley".
"We are looking forward to working with more local partners and academic institutions through the expansion of R&D centres in China," Dan Riccio, Senior Vice President (Hardware Engineering) at Apple, was quoted as saying.
"We are honoured to have access to excellent talent and a positive entrepreneurial spirit in the region, where our developers and suppliers will be working together," Riccio added.
With the investment of $508 million, Apple will have four centres in China in total.
Apple's gets most of its products manufactured in China and also sources its best electronics engineers from the there.
"So it seems logical that Apple would go beyond partnering with local firms in China by creating its own research centres. This way, Apple has a foot on the ground and gets the best of both worlds," the report noted.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit