- Shilpa turns fashion divaComplete list of Smart CitiesMaria replaces GiulinaGrand show of Major Poonia for IndiaAICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaarFriends and Friendship in BollywoodFriendship Day 2015 wallpapers and imagesShahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!
India's star player Joshana Chinappa in Australia's Melbourne city on Saturday stormed int
BlackBerry to withdraw from Japan Last Updated : 08 Feb 2013 02:50:43 PM IST BlackBerry to withdraw from Japan
Troubled smartphone maker BlackBerry will not launch its new models in Japan, reports on Friday said,effectively heralding a pull-out from a booming smartphone market where it is being beaten by Apple.
The Canada-based company, which is hoping its long-delayed BlackBerry 10 series will turn around flagging global fortunes, will not sell the handsets in the country, the Nikkei business daily said.
The report said BlackBerry's share of the Japanese market had slumped to 0.3 per cent from about five percent in the past. The paper gave no time frame.
Domestic shipments of smartphones soared 40 per cent on-year to hit an estimated 14 million in April-September but BlackBerry sales were believed to be only several tens of thousands, the paper said, without naming its sources.
Given the falling share, the company judged it too costly to develop a Japanese-language version of the new operating system, it said. While BlackBerry helped create a culture of mobile users glued to smartphones nearly a decade ago, many of those
customers have since moved on to Apple or Android-based phones.
The firm was until last week was known as Research in Motion (RIM) but rebranded itself with the launch of the BlackBerry 10 platform and Z10 and Q10 handsets.The Wall Street Journal cited a spokeswoman for BlackBerry, who confirmed the new phone model would not be rolled out in Japan "at this time".
"We are in the process of launching BlackBerry 10 globally in key markets and we are seeing positive demand for the BlackBerry Z10 in countries where it has already launched. "Japan is not a major market for BlackBerry and we have no
plans to launch BlackBerry 10 devices there at this time,"spokeswoman Amy McDowell was quoted as saying.
"However, we will continue to support BlackBerry customers in Japan," she said.NTT DoCoMo, the carrier who started distributing BlackBerry in Japan in 2006, said only that it was discussing new product launches with BlackBerry while noting it would continue customer support.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty walk the ramp during the Amazon India Couture Week 2015 in
- Maria replaces Giulina
- Gordon begs for attending his girl friend's funeral
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta to announce two new projects
- Getting many acting offers post 'ABCD 2': Dharmesh
- AICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaar
- Friends and Friendship in Bollywood
- Watch Katrina in Phantom's new song 'Afghan Jalebi'
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that