- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SAMeet top Miss Supranational of 2015Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'Wedding album of Disha VakaniFilm Review: TamashaBipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:50:04 PM IST File photo of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launchpad.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) may be adept at putting satellites into precise orbit but now appears set to fall flat on its publicly-pronounced date to launch Indo-French spacecraft "SARAL" on 12-12-12.
ISRO sources confirmed today that with technical issues cropping up and additional tests proposed to improve reliability, the blast-off on December 12 (12-12-12) is ruled out.
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) top-brass are slated to undertake on November 27 mission readiness review vis-a-vis the launch. "The launch is now likely in January-February", an official of the Bangalore-headquartered space agency said.
In September, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said SARAL would be launched onboard PSLV-C20 from the spaceport of Sriharikota on December 12.
"PSLV-C20 will be assembled in about 25 days in Sriharikota and the satellite will be launched on December 12, 2012. As somebody said it's 12-12-12 (launch date)," he said on September 12 at the Bangalore Space Expo 2012 here.
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date for SARAL: sources
Along with SARAL, ISRO was also slated to launch four foreign micro-satellites on board PSLV-C20.
ISRO officials said SARAL is a small satellite mission with payloads -- Argos and Altika -- from French space agency CNES for study of ocean parameters towards enhancing the understanding of the ocean state conditions which are otherwise not covered by the in-situ measurements.
The satellite has been built by ISRO, which would also take care of the launch services.
SARAL will provide data products to operational and research user communities, in support of marine meteorology and sea state forecasting; operational oceanography; seasonal forecasting; climate monitoring; ocean, earth system and climate research, the officials said.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone's love saga 'Tamasha' had a good start and the film col
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
- Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'
- Wedding album of Disha Vakani
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"