- Shahid saves Shraddha oops moment?OMG! This woman has three breastsKapil Sharma romancing former Bigg Boss contestant Elli AvramKim Kardashian reportedly making cameoAkshay Kumar movie The Shaukeens behind the scenes imagesSRK, Deepika celebrates \'Happy New Year\' in USAbhinav Bindra to retireHot babes in \'Big Boss 8\'Mahesh Bhatt and his controversies, view picsGujaratis take admissions in Mandarin classes
Ace shooter Abhinav Bindra creates a flutter by annoucing his move to retire
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:50:04 PM IST File photo of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launchpad.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) may be adept at putting satellites into precise orbit but now appears set to fall flat on its publicly-pronounced date to launch Indo-French spacecraft "SARAL" on 12-12-12.
ISRO sources confirmed today that with technical issues cropping up and additional tests proposed to improve reliability, the blast-off on December 12 (12-12-12) is ruled out.
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) top-brass are slated to undertake on November 27 mission readiness review vis-a-vis the launch. "The launch is now likely in January-February", an official of the Bangalore-headquartered space agency said.
In September, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said SARAL would be launched onboard PSLV-C20 from the spaceport of Sriharikota on December 12.
"PSLV-C20 will be assembled in about 25 days in Sriharikota and the satellite will be launched on December 12, 2012. As somebody said it's 12-12-12 (launch date)," he said on September 12 at the Bangalore Space Expo 2012 here.
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date for SARAL: sources
Along with SARAL, ISRO was also slated to launch four foreign micro-satellites on board PSLV-C20.
ISRO officials said SARAL is a small satellite mission with payloads -- Argos and Altika -- from French space agency CNES for study of ocean parameters towards enhancing the understanding of the ocean state conditions which are otherwise not covered by the in-situ measurements.
The satellite has been built by ISRO, which would also take care of the launch services.
SARAL will provide data products to operational and research user communities, in support of marine meteorology and sea state forecasting; operational oceanography; seasonal forecasting; climate monitoring; ocean, earth system and climate research, the officials said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This could have been a real embarrassing moment for Shraddha Kapoor.
- Kapil Sharma romancing former Bigg Boss contestant Elli Avram
- Kim Kardashian reportedly making cameo
- Akshay Kumar movie The Shaukeens behind the scenes images
- SRK, Deepika celebrates 'Happy New Year' in US
- Hot babes in 'Big Boss 8'
- Raj Kundra receives extortion call, security beefed up
- Paul McCartney raps for meat-free Mondays
- Mahesh Bhatt and his controversies, view pics
An 21 years-old American Jasmine Tridevil claims that she had plastic surgery to create a
Soon you will be able to control your mobile smartphone with your gestures only.