- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view picsKejriwal as Delhi CM and BJP in power!Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageantAamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bash
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:50:04 PM IST File photo of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launchpad.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) may be adept at putting satellites into precise orbit but now appears set to fall flat on its publicly-pronounced date to launch Indo-French spacecraft "SARAL" on 12-12-12.
ISRO sources confirmed today that with technical issues cropping up and additional tests proposed to improve reliability, the blast-off on December 12 (12-12-12) is ruled out.
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) top-brass are slated to undertake on November 27 mission readiness review vis-a-vis the launch. "The launch is now likely in January-February", an official of the Bangalore-headquartered space agency said.
In September, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said SARAL would be launched onboard PSLV-C20 from the spaceport of Sriharikota on December 12.
"PSLV-C20 will be assembled in about 25 days in Sriharikota and the satellite will be launched on December 12, 2012. As somebody said it's 12-12-12 (launch date)," he said on September 12 at the Bangalore Space Expo 2012 here.
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date for SARAL: sources
Along with SARAL, ISRO was also slated to launch four foreign micro-satellites on board PSLV-C20.
ISRO officials said SARAL is a small satellite mission with payloads -- Argos and Altika -- from French space agency CNES for study of ocean parameters towards enhancing the understanding of the ocean state conditions which are otherwise not covered by the in-situ measurements.
The satellite has been built by ISRO, which would also take care of the launch services.
SARAL will provide data products to operational and research user communities, in support of marine meteorology and sea state forecasting; operational oceanography; seasonal forecasting; climate monitoring; ocean, earth system and climate research, the officials said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Are Salman Khan and Deepika Padukone passionate lovers?
- Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014
- When Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
- PK BO report: Aamir Khan starrer collects Rs 92.50 cr
- KJo is surprise package in Bombay Velvet, says Anurag
- Watch Mallika Sherawat’s ‘Dirty Politics’ Movie Trailer
- Watch Surveen's ‘Nichod De’ song from Ugly
- Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phone
- Sunny Leone dined, wined with 100
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.