- TV presenter\'s nude photos leakedReal reason for Gauhar and Kushal spilitBollywood celebs at Shilpa\'s Diwali bashDevshi Khanduri’s semi nude pics goes viral, view picsFreida gets stripped for Jr. Mallya on her B\'dayList of winners and losersTips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
Two-time Grand Slam winner Andy Murray continues his bid to reach the ATP World Tour Fin
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:50:04 PM IST File photo of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launchpad.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) may be adept at putting satellites into precise orbit but now appears set to fall flat on its publicly-pronounced date to launch Indo-French spacecraft "SARAL" on 12-12-12.
ISRO sources confirmed today that with technical issues cropping up and additional tests proposed to improve reliability, the blast-off on December 12 (12-12-12) is ruled out.
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) top-brass are slated to undertake on November 27 mission readiness review vis-a-vis the launch. "The launch is now likely in January-February", an official of the Bangalore-headquartered space agency said.
In September, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said SARAL would be launched onboard PSLV-C20 from the spaceport of Sriharikota on December 12.
"PSLV-C20 will be assembled in about 25 days in Sriharikota and the satellite will be launched on December 12, 2012. As somebody said it's 12-12-12 (launch date)," he said on September 12 at the Bangalore Space Expo 2012 here.
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date for SARAL: sources
Along with SARAL, ISRO was also slated to launch four foreign micro-satellites on board PSLV-C20.
ISRO officials said SARAL is a small satellite mission with payloads -- Argos and Altika -- from French space agency CNES for study of ocean parameters towards enhancing the understanding of the ocean state conditions which are otherwise not covered by the in-situ measurements.
The satellite has been built by ISRO, which would also take care of the launch services.
SARAL will provide data products to operational and research user communities, in support of marine meteorology and sea state forecasting; operational oceanography; seasonal forecasting; climate monitoring; ocean, earth system and climate research, the officials said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon has become the latest celebrity to join Prime Minister Na
- TV presenter's nude photos leaked
- Real reason for Gauhar and Kushal spilit
- Bollywood celebs at Shilpa's Diwali bash
- Devshi Khanduri’s semi nude pics goes viral, view pics
- Freida gets stripped for Jr. Mallya on her B'day
- Why SRK lost his cool on Comedy Nights, watch video
- Brett Lee begins shooting 'UnIndian'
- Not prepared to face insecurity from masses: Big B
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country