- Children inspire SRK for stuntsThe censored scenes of Bollywood filmsPoonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challengeSalman Khan goes to LA10 Unknown facts about Neha DhupiaReason behind Priyanka\'s fitnessRanbir to play Lakhan in Karan\'s remakeList of films releasing in festive seasonPics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare coverPics: Shahid Kapoor's sister Sanah to make Bollywood debut
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam Qureshi crashed out of the US Open
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:50:04 PM IST File photo of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launchpad.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) may be adept at putting satellites into precise orbit but now appears set to fall flat on its publicly-pronounced date to launch Indo-French spacecraft "SARAL" on 12-12-12.
ISRO sources confirmed today that with technical issues cropping up and additional tests proposed to improve reliability, the blast-off on December 12 (12-12-12) is ruled out.
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) top-brass are slated to undertake on November 27 mission readiness review vis-a-vis the launch. "The launch is now likely in January-February", an official of the Bangalore-headquartered space agency said.
In September, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said SARAL would be launched onboard PSLV-C20 from the spaceport of Sriharikota on December 12.
"PSLV-C20 will be assembled in about 25 days in Sriharikota and the satellite will be launched on December 12, 2012. As somebody said it's 12-12-12 (launch date)," he said on September 12 at the Bangalore Space Expo 2012 here.
ISRO to miss 12-12-12 launch date for SARAL: sources
Along with SARAL, ISRO was also slated to launch four foreign micro-satellites on board PSLV-C20.
ISRO officials said SARAL is a small satellite mission with payloads -- Argos and Altika -- from French space agency CNES for study of ocean parameters towards enhancing the understanding of the ocean state conditions which are otherwise not covered by the in-situ measurements.
The satellite has been built by ISRO, which would also take care of the launch services.
SARAL will provide data products to operational and research user communities, in support of marine meteorology and sea state forecasting; operational oceanography; seasonal forecasting; climate monitoring; ocean, earth system and climate research, the officials said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan does action on screen for children Aryan and Suhana.
- The censored scenes of Bollywood films
- Poonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challenge
- Salman Khan goes to LA
- 10 Unknown facts about Neha Dhupia
- Reason behind Priyanka's fitness
- Ranbir to play Lakhan in Karan's remake
- List of films releasing in festive season
- Pics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare cover
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.