- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
The Rio Olympic Games should be postponed or moved "in the name of public health" over the
Total solar eclipse on Wednesday Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 07:29:33 PM IST File photo of complete solar eclipse.
After nearly 1,300 years of anticipation, Australians are set to witness a rare total solar eclipse, which has been attracting thousands of astro-enthusiasts from across the world.
Over 60,000 visitors are expected to witness on Wednesday the perfect alignment of the sun, moon and earth with the backdrop of the Great Barrier Reef, which is expected to run for a little over two minutes.
The phenomenon will mainly take place over the vast South Pacific and, therefore, astro-enthusiasts from across the world are flocking to northern Australia.
The eclipse will start at sunrise in the Northern Territory east of Darwin and will pass across Australia's top eastern cape before heading out over the South Pacific towards the north of New Zealand.
At 2.05 am IST on Wednesday, the moon will begin to cross in front of the sun and will gradually cover it completely. The phenomenon is expected to run for two minutes and five seconds.
While northern Australia will witness total eclipse, a partial eclipse will be visible in eastern Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the extreme eastern part of Indonesia, Polynesia, part of Antarctica and the southern part of Chile and Argentina.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The first look of Vidya Balan's upcoming Marathi debut film “Ekk Albela” has been unve
- Harman Baweja's brother's 'personal' video leaked online
- Sonu Nigam to undergo knee surgery on June 7
- 'Kammati Paadam' strikes gold at the box office
- Tom Hiddleston in 'advanced talks' for 25th Bond movie
- Justin Bieber poses in underwear
- Mahesh Babu takes 'full responsibility' for 'Brahmotsavam' failure
- Fardeen Khan responds to bodyshamers
- Johny who? asks Harman Baweja
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T