- Salman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaultedWhy Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniOMG! Is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in Singapore
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan's ex girlfriend and actress Somy Ali in her autobiography revealed that she wa
- India by the Nile: Big B stunned by fans in Egypt
- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayed
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
- Hema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
- OMG! Is Aamir Khan taking steroids?
- Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?
- Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway station
- PICS:Kim blasts on Kris Jenner
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con