- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
indian tennis player Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann stormed into the s
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Character actor Marvin Kaplan, who was known for the sitcom “Alice” and his voice-over
- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon
- 'A Flying Jatt' movie review
- Christoph Waltz in James Cameron's film?
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr