- At the Kapoors\' Xmas bash Kat-Ranbir wedding was discussedWhy was Virat avoiding being clicked with Anushka?Sizzling girls at Telly Calendar 2015See Gautam Gulati making love with an unidentified girlHayden Panettiere debuts baby girlHonda happy with record salesBollywood’s flop debutants in 2014, view picsSavour flavours of India at Dilli Ke PakwaanHottest songs of 2014REVEALED: Salman Khan's birthday guest list
Young Kidambi Srikanth continued his meteoric rise in world badminton as he ended the seas
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Zeishan Quadri, the writer of the story and screenplay for critically acclaimed film 'Gang
- At the Kapoors' Xmas bash Kat-Ranbir wedding was discussed
- Why was Virat avoiding being clicked with Anushka?
- See Gautam Gulati making love with an unidentified girl
- Hayden Panettiere debuts baby girl
- Maha govt to probe Sanjay Dutt's furlough
- Bollywood’s flop debutants in 2014, view pics
- Hottest songs of 2014
- REVEALED: Salman Khan's birthday guest list
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.