- Ankita Lokhande not dating Kushal TandonHeavy showers lashes Mumbai, high tide expectedSky is the limit for me with right director: Alia BhattIt's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: DeepikaRevealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compellingShivaay poster: Erika Kaar joins the journeyBollywood at IIFA:When celebs put their hair down!Bollywood's bold babesWhy Salman Khan's Sultan will not be promoted on the Kapil Sharma show
Former European middleweight champion Kerry Hope of Australia has thrown a challenge to In
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan, who is preparing for her upcoming film "Veere Di Wedding", sa
- Sobhita was perfect for 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Anurag Kashyap
- Taylor Swift meets Tom Hiddleston's mother
- Girl, you are so fine: Ranveer to Deepika on IIFA stage
- Anil Kapoor open to work in Pakistani TV, films
- 2016 IIFA Rocks: Bajirao Mastani Bagged Maxium Awards
- Lady Gaga to join Mark Ronson at Glastonbury?
- 'Game Of Thrones' to roll on, despite Brexit vote
- Aerosmith's farewell tour in 2017, reveals Steven Tyler
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
New leaked images of Apple's upcoming flagship smartphone, the iPhone 7 showed that both m