- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood most loved couple Ranbir kapoor and Katrina Kapoor have finally reached Thailand
- Priyanka Chopra will not celebrate Diwali
- 10 Unknown facts about Parineeti Chopra
- Ebola suspected, actress Tori Spelling hospitalised and quarantined
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country