- Poonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challengeSalman Khan goes to LA10 Unknown facts about Neha DhupiaReason behind Priyanka\'s fitnessRanbir to play Lakhan in Karan\'s remakeList of films releasing in festive seasonPics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare coverPics: Shahid Kapoor's sister Sanah to make Bollywood debutReason behind Priyanka sexy figureSee Pics: Shahrukh Khan spotted at airport with son Aryan Khan
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam Qureshi crashed out of the US Open
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood seductress Poonam Pandey recently took up the ALS ice bucket challenge.
- Salman Khan goes to LA
- 10 Unknown facts about Neha Dhupia
- Reason behind Priyanka's fitness
- Ranbir to play Lakhan in Karan's remake
- List of films releasing in festive season
- Pics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare cover
- Watch Honey Singh's latest song Desi Kalakaar full video
- Pics: Shahid Kapoor's sister Sanah to make Bollywood debut
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Intex has launched India's cheapest smartphone Cloud FX powered by Firefox OS. Learn more.