- Meet Matin Rey TanguReview: Kaabil is a winnerSRK saddened by death of fan in VadodaraIs Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?In pics: Might and pride of IndiaMeet Virat die-hard fan NikashDeewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh BachchanHonda City Facelift likely to launch in Feb 2017Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'Heavy rain and snow forecast for J&K
Indian tennis ace Rohan Bopanna and his Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski advanced to
IRCTC website is up now, online reservation starts Last Updated : 22 Sep 2011 01:19:06 PM IST IRCTC logo
The official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed its services on Thursday afternoon following technical snag, which hampered the online reservation system.
Earlier, Lakhs of passengers have been facing difficulties to book their online train tickets as the website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is down due to technical snag.
The facility of e-ticket booking at the website https://www.irctc.co.in/ was expected to resume around 12.00 pm on Thursday but it seems that it will take more time.
It was a real embarrassing situation for several passengers ahead of the festival seasons.
On the other hand, Union Minister for Railways Dinesh Trivedi has expressed dissatisfaction over the frequent complaints about IRCTC services.
He said that IRCTC website needs to be strengthened and modernized. He said that there several complaints about corporation’s catering services and online passenger reservation system.
Railways have already divested the IRCTC, a PSU under it, from catering responsibility after recurring complaints about its service.
The Minister informed that SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging Rail Navigation) system for tracking trains on real-time basis would be operational soon.
Admitting the lack of basic amenities outside railway stations, Trivedi said he will write to all Chief Ministers and Mayors for improving the conditions outside stations.
"We have plan for modernisation of stations to provide more facilities like restaurant, mall, bookstore, multiplex for passengers," he said.
Trivedi said all rail land records would be digitalised. On railways social responsibility, he said "Out of 150 projects only 14 are financially viable. But all these projects are socially desirable. There are remote areas which are strategically important and need to be linked with rail."
On public private participation (PPP) he said "we cannot move ahead without PPP. We have to have PPP. In 12th Plan one trillion dollars is reuired for infrastructure. and out of this 50 per cent is coming from private sector."
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan had a little c0-star In 'Tubelight' too
- Review: Kaabil is a winner
- Jackie Chan meets Salman Khan
- Is Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?
- Pics: Deewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh Bachchan
- SRK wanted Falguni Pathak to sing 'Udi udi'
- Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Sussanne-Hrithik's picture is too cute to handle
- Mumbai relatively safer, says Kangana Ranaut
Green vehicles -- hybrid, electric and fuel cell -- are gaining popularity in China owin
Thanks to its components (mainly chips) and semiconductors business, Samsung Electronics h