- Girls like sex crazy guysJaya Prada to re-enter Bollywood with thrillerKangana gives miss to traditional outfit at AwardsUK waits to find out name of newest baby PrincessThe first poster of ‘Humari Adhuri Kahani’Karan tied the knot with Actress AnkitaDavid Beckham joins InstagramSpice Girls reunite for Beckham\'s birthdayBarbra Streisand's dog attacks flight attendantRajasthan beat Delhi by 14 runs to jump to top spot
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
Tennis row shows Indian sports in poor light: Jwala Gutta Last Updated : 29 Jun 2012 04:09:57 PM IST File Photo
"It was not necessary. They (AITA) could have kept it to themselves. Everybody knew that Leander and Mahesh would be playing Olympics. They could have sorted it out much earlier," Jwala told reporters.
"I don't know why such a thing happened just now. AITA could have done it within themselves, instead of making new announcements every day. Something, I don't know why was it done. It gives a bad name not only to tennis, to the sport on the well," she said.
The 28-year-old Hyderabadi, who became the first Indian shuttler to qualify for two events -- mixed doubles and women's doubles -- in Olympics, said the tendency of sports associations to allegedly control the players is not acceptable to her.
"Something which I cannot digest. Something, the association decides who plays with whom. That's something new for me. Now, if somebody comes and tells me in my association that Jwala, you cannot play with (V) Diju and Ashwini (Ponnappa). I will be furious," Jwala said.
"Probably, its their way or that is the kind of thing, they have been doing for a long time. Somehow, for me it is surprising. For me, it is hard to digest that you are asking somebody to play with somebody who they are not comfortable with," Jwala said.
"But I feel that all the associations do this. They try and control their players when they hardly put in any effort to the player's hard work. They come in only in the latter part of the players' career. Something, I don't think I can take such things. That is one of the reasons why I fought with my association when V K Verma was the president," she added.
Jwala, who won the 2011 World championship bronze medal alongwith Ashwini in women's doubles, said India would have a better chance of winning a medal in Olympics if the players are comfortable.
"Yes, India comes first. But, then we only get best results if that person is comfortable with his or her own partner," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actors Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Shefali Shah, Farhan Akhtar and Anil Ka
- Deepika says no to sex before marriage
- Beauties Priyanka, Kangana to host joint party
- Actress Pragya ties knot with Abhishek
- I don’t mind making fool of myself:Sunny
- know real name of Sexy Sunny Leone!
- Jaya Prada to re-enter Bollywood with thriller
- Fawad next venture is 'My Punjabi Nikaah'
- Ex-lovers Kareena-Shahid staying together!
A Budgam resident, who managed to get hall ticket for his Brown Cow to write a professiona
Finding itself on the wrong side of Net Neutrality debate, Facebook today made its Interne