- Cold conditions prevail across NorthTaapsee has no YSR projectPanasonic launches P66 Mega at Rs.7,990Meet World's sexiest top modelEmraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'dayKatrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargahVarun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrerWatch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'Chocolate Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesPics: Akshay Kumar's sister Alka gets married
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Taapsee Pannu has no Yash Raj project in her pocket.
- Why Deepika Padukone is the luckiest women?
- Revealed: Why Anushka declined Kohli's marriage proposal?
- Shahid forced Karan Johar to do this for his ex Kareena Kapoor
- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'day
- Katrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargah
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Varun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrer
- Watch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.