- Karan Johar makes acting debut in 'Bombay Velvet'Ranbir\'s Roy Music a big hit on Social media with Sooraj Dooba Hain\'Bigg Boss\' extension has no links with \'Ashoka\': Raj NayakWatch Shah Rukh Khan\'s first Video tweetKim Kardashian stopped by cop for traffic violationJacqueline Fernandez to sketch for fansOMG! Ranveer Singh kisses in public,Deepika stunnedFirst Look of 'Bombay Velevt'Sexy siblings Shruti, Akshara HassanAngry Salman chases fans
Former Portugal and Real Madrid winger Luis Figo announced on Wednesday that he is to chal
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
King Khan of Bollywood industry Shahrukh has turned first Indian to use Twitter mobile vid
- PICS: Karan Johar makes acting debut in 'Bombay Velvet'
- Ranbir's Roy Music a big hit on Social media with Sooraj Dooba Hain
- 'Bigg Boss' extension has no links with 'Ashoka': Raj Nayak
- Watch Shah Rukh Khan's first Video tweet
- Kim Kardashian stopped by cop for traffic violation
- Jacqueline Fernandez to sketch for fans
- OMG! Ranveer Singh kisses in public,Deepika stunned
- Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher take baby Wyatt out for stroll
As the Cricket World Cup is round the corner, a bat as tall as 10-storey building, unveile
test ad galery 3