- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra will not be celebration the festival of light, Diwali th
- 10 Unknown facts about Parineeti Chopra
- Ebola suspected, actress Tori Spelling hospitalised and quarantined
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country