- Lindsay not invited in father\'s weddingPamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launchedModi's wife feels insecure with securityAre Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Lindsay Lohan reportedly not invited to her father's second wedding.
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
- KJo gets Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor together
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Falling prices of entry-level smartphone devices have led to its increasing demand.