- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college partyWon't camouflage baby bump on screen: KareenaMy husband is with Sindhu, this makes a difference
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has credited Zinedine Zidane's appointment as Real
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Who said this? Bigg Boss contestant and also hair stylist Bhavna Bhavnani gives shoc
- Deepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses now
- shraddha kapoor to judge reality show
- tiger shroff wants to clean noble caharcters
- music will always remain integral part:karan hariharan
- film with SRK at premature stage : kangana Ranaut
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge