- HT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an eventHow horrible these celebs look without makeup!!Salman Khan to marry Iulia VanturSpiritual way for the naughty onesSRK, Deepika at \'Kochadaiiyaan\' music launchRaagini Makkar wins IGT 5Relationship makes Deepika completePICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennis
The sometimes tense relationship between tennis superstars Maria Sharapova and Serena Will
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After super success of Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' Song from the movie Ragini MMS2, here com
- Bollywood at Bobby Chawla funeral
- PICS: SRK attends Bobby Chawla's cremation
- HT Mumbai's most stylish award
- 'Look simple on wedding day'
- Khloe Kardashian flaunts curves
- On a comeback, Elizabeth Hurley to play TV queen
- How horrible these celebs look without makeup!!
- My boyfriend doesn't allow me to shoot with other men: Shakira
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric