- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la