- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Olympics: Saina Nehwal to start campaign on Sunday Last Updated : 28 Jul 2012 09:13:15 PM IST File photo of India's badminton player Saina Nehwal.
One of India's brightest medal prospects at the Olympics, in-form badminton star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Sunday by taking on unheralded Swiss Sabrina Jaquet in her opening group match at the Wembley Arena in London.
Fourth-seeded Saina is placed in Group E of the Olympic draw along with Sabrina and Lianne Tan of Belgium.
The 22-year-old Indian, who had reached the quarterfinals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of the favourites to win the gold, beside three Chinese players and Denmark's Tine Baun and Germany's Juliane Schenk.
Saina, who won two successive titles at Thailand Grand Prix Gold and Indonesia Superseries last month, is likely to play 14th seed Yao Jie of The Netherlands (Group F) if she reaches the pre-quarterfinals.
The world number five Hyderabadi is expected to face some tough time as the competition moves forward as she is likely to take on either two-time All England Champion Baun (Group G), seeded fifth, or 12th-seeded Japanese Sayaka Sato (Group H) in the quarterfinals .
"That's (winning a medal) a dream for every Indian and me. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself," the 22-year-old, who missed out of a medal on her Olympic debut in Beijing following a quarterfinal defeat, has stated.
The World number five said she is expecting some good matches.
"The draw looks quite tough. I've played them before and they've given me challenges. I'm expecting good matches. But I'm just going to take it one match at a time," she has said.
"I have developed as a player. This is my second Olympics and I want to be more relaxed and not take on too much pressure," added Saina, who made her Olympic debut as an 18-year-old at the Beijing Games in 2008.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country