- Hema Malini injured in road accidentWhy children love Salman?Aashiqui girl's tell all autobiogrphyAbrar Nadiadwala entered Marathi filmKnow how to become famous on FacebookSuper-Hot teaser of 'Calendar Girls' out!Abhishek Bachchan's 'All is Well' trailer releasedAditi feels alone, neglected in BollywoodShahid\'s step mom reveals the inside story of wedding preparationsI would be slapped for telling my mom\'s age: SRK
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
IPL 2013: MI beat KKR by five wickets in a thrilling contest Last Updated : 25 Apr 2013 10:27:10 AM IST Dwayne Smith's 62 helped Mumbai Indians chase 160 against Kolkata Knight Riders in the final over at Eden Gardens
After being hammered for 46 runs in the first three overs, MI bowlers led by Pragyan Ojha (2/22) and Lasith Malinga (2/25) took full advantage of the slowish track giving away only 113 runs in the next 17 overs.
While Jacques Kallis (37), Manoj Tiwary (33) and Eoin Morgan (31) made useful contributions but none of them went onto play a big one. However with Sunil Narine and Sachitra Senanayeke in their ranks, KKR still have a score which they can very well defend.
The final five overs of the innings yielded only 47 runs as Malinga got two wickets giving away only three runs in the final over of the innings.
KKR couldn't have dreamt of a better script when Yusuf Pathan (19) and Guatam Gambhir plundered 26 runs off the very first over bowled by Harbhajan Singh. It included three fours and a six from Pathan while Gambhir also helped himself to a huge six.
Mumbai Indians beat Kolkata Knight Riders by five wickets:
But senior Pathan's woeful IPL continued as in the very next over, Micthell Johnson bowled one close to his body and his steer was taken by Harbhajan standing a bit wide off first slip.
Gambhir and Jacques Kallis couldn't fully cash in on the momentum but still added 41 runs for the second wicket before the skipper in his bid to step up the rate holed out to Harbhajan off Ojha's bowling. Gambhir managed 26 off 20 balls with two fours and a six.
Kallis (37, 38 balls, 4x4) as usual dropped anchor and finally got out as his uppish cover drive off Ojha was caught by stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma.
Young Haryana leggie Yuzvendra Chahal (0/34 in 4 overs) also did an admirable job till Tiwary partially damaged his figures with a six and a four.
Morgan tried his innovative shots but slowness of the pitch proved to be a hindrance as he was out after scoring 25-ball-31 (4x4, 1x6) after adding 54 runs with Tiwary (33, 24 balls, 2x4, 1x6) for the fourth wicket.
Brief Scores: KKR 159/6 (Jacques Kallis 37, Manoj Tiwary 33, Pragyan Ojha 2/21)
MI 162/5 in 19.5 overs(Dwayne Smith 62, Sunil Narine 3/17). MI won by 5 wickets.
The Teams (from):
Kolkata Knight Riders team: G Gambhir*, JH Kallis, YK Pathan, MK Tiwary, EJG Morgan, DB Das†, Iqbal Abdulla, R Bhatia, SMSM Senanayake, SP Narine, L Balaji.
Mumbai Indians team: DR Smith, SR Tendulkar, RG Sharma*, KD Karthik†, AT Rayudu, KA Pollard, Harbhajan Singh, MG Johnson, YS Chahal, PP Ojha, SL Malinga.
Match Starts 8:30 pm IST.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Aamir Khan is collaborating with Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman for his next
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
- Pooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for love
- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
- Nargis Fakhri to play Sangeeta Bijlani in biopic 'Azhar'
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe