- Bollywood hunks we loveDogs can be pessimists too!My action avatar in \'Bang Bang\' was self discovery,says HrithikExpansion plan for Lotus TemplePics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where\'Happy New Year\' talks with US mediaImages: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?Aamir wants no item girls in B-woodPics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bikeAditi gets into Chandramukhi mode
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
IPL 2013: MI beat KKR by five wickets in a thrilling contest Last Updated : 25 Apr 2013 10:27:10 AM IST Dwayne Smith's 62 helped Mumbai Indians chase 160 against Kolkata Knight Riders in the final over at Eden Gardens
After being hammered for 46 runs in the first three overs, MI bowlers led by Pragyan Ojha (2/22) and Lasith Malinga (2/25) took full advantage of the slowish track giving away only 113 runs in the next 17 overs.
While Jacques Kallis (37), Manoj Tiwary (33) and Eoin Morgan (31) made useful contributions but none of them went onto play a big one. However with Sunil Narine and Sachitra Senanayeke in their ranks, KKR still have a score which they can very well defend.
The final five overs of the innings yielded only 47 runs as Malinga got two wickets giving away only three runs in the final over of the innings.
KKR couldn't have dreamt of a better script when Yusuf Pathan (19) and Guatam Gambhir plundered 26 runs off the very first over bowled by Harbhajan Singh. It included three fours and a six from Pathan while Gambhir also helped himself to a huge six.
Mumbai Indians beat Kolkata Knight Riders by five wickets:
But senior Pathan's woeful IPL continued as in the very next over, Micthell Johnson bowled one close to his body and his steer was taken by Harbhajan standing a bit wide off first slip.
Gambhir and Jacques Kallis couldn't fully cash in on the momentum but still added 41 runs for the second wicket before the skipper in his bid to step up the rate holed out to Harbhajan off Ojha's bowling. Gambhir managed 26 off 20 balls with two fours and a six.
Kallis (37, 38 balls, 4x4) as usual dropped anchor and finally got out as his uppish cover drive off Ojha was caught by stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma.
Young Haryana leggie Yuzvendra Chahal (0/34 in 4 overs) also did an admirable job till Tiwary partially damaged his figures with a six and a four.
Morgan tried his innovative shots but slowness of the pitch proved to be a hindrance as he was out after scoring 25-ball-31 (4x4, 1x6) after adding 54 runs with Tiwary (33, 24 balls, 2x4, 1x6) for the fourth wicket.
Brief Scores: KKR 159/6 (Jacques Kallis 37, Manoj Tiwary 33, Pragyan Ojha 2/21)
MI 162/5 in 19.5 overs(Dwayne Smith 62, Sunil Narine 3/17). MI won by 5 wickets.
The Teams (from):
Kolkata Knight Riders team: G Gambhir*, JH Kallis, YK Pathan, MK Tiwary, EJG Morgan, DB Das†, Iqbal Abdulla, R Bhatia, SMSM Senanayake, SP Narine, L Balaji.
Mumbai Indians team: DR Smith, SR Tendulkar, RG Sharma*, KD Karthik†, AT Rayudu, KA Pollard, Harbhajan Singh, MG Johnson, YS Chahal, PP Ojha, SL Malinga.
Match Starts 8:30 pm IST.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The official trailer of director Ravi Kumar’s upcoming flick ‘Bhopal: A Prayer for Rai
- Bollywood hunks we love
- My action avatar in 'Bang Bang' was self discovery,says Hrithik
- 'Deadpool' set for release in 2016
- Pics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where
- 'Happy New Year' talks with US media
- Images: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?
- Aamir wants no item girls in B-wood
- Pics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr