- Leonard Nimoy, Spock on \'Star Trek,\' dead at 83Amitabh to promote road safetyWatch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teenI was in two minds about doing \'Badlapur\': Huma QureshiPriyanka joins American TV show \'Quantico\'Watch incredible bridges\'Ab Tak Chhappan 2\' : Down for the count from scene oneA R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of MonicaSushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
Mohun Bagan has taken the top spot in the I-League football standings.
IPL 2013: MI beat KKR by five wickets in a thrilling contest Last Updated : 25 Apr 2013 10:27:10 AM IST Dwayne Smith's 62 helped Mumbai Indians chase 160 against Kolkata Knight Riders in the final over at Eden Gardens
After being hammered for 46 runs in the first three overs, MI bowlers led by Pragyan Ojha (2/22) and Lasith Malinga (2/25) took full advantage of the slowish track giving away only 113 runs in the next 17 overs.
While Jacques Kallis (37), Manoj Tiwary (33) and Eoin Morgan (31) made useful contributions but none of them went onto play a big one. However with Sunil Narine and Sachitra Senanayeke in their ranks, KKR still have a score which they can very well defend.
The final five overs of the innings yielded only 47 runs as Malinga got two wickets giving away only three runs in the final over of the innings.
KKR couldn't have dreamt of a better script when Yusuf Pathan (19) and Guatam Gambhir plundered 26 runs off the very first over bowled by Harbhajan Singh. It included three fours and a six from Pathan while Gambhir also helped himself to a huge six.
Mumbai Indians beat Kolkata Knight Riders by five wickets:
But senior Pathan's woeful IPL continued as in the very next over, Micthell Johnson bowled one close to his body and his steer was taken by Harbhajan standing a bit wide off first slip.
Gambhir and Jacques Kallis couldn't fully cash in on the momentum but still added 41 runs for the second wicket before the skipper in his bid to step up the rate holed out to Harbhajan off Ojha's bowling. Gambhir managed 26 off 20 balls with two fours and a six.
Kallis (37, 38 balls, 4x4) as usual dropped anchor and finally got out as his uppish cover drive off Ojha was caught by stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma.
Young Haryana leggie Yuzvendra Chahal (0/34 in 4 overs) also did an admirable job till Tiwary partially damaged his figures with a six and a four.
Morgan tried his innovative shots but slowness of the pitch proved to be a hindrance as he was out after scoring 25-ball-31 (4x4, 1x6) after adding 54 runs with Tiwary (33, 24 balls, 2x4, 1x6) for the fourth wicket.
Brief Scores: KKR 159/6 (Jacques Kallis 37, Manoj Tiwary 33, Pragyan Ojha 2/21)
MI 162/5 in 19.5 overs(Dwayne Smith 62, Sunil Narine 3/17). MI won by 5 wickets.
The Teams (from):
Kolkata Knight Riders team: G Gambhir*, JH Kallis, YK Pathan, MK Tiwary, EJG Morgan, DB Das†, Iqbal Abdulla, R Bhatia, SMSM Senanayake, SP Narine, L Balaji.
Mumbai Indians team: DR Smith, SR Tendulkar, RG Sharma*, KD Karthik†, AT Rayudu, KA Pollard, Harbhajan Singh, MG Johnson, YS Chahal, PP Ojha, SL Malinga.
Match Starts 8:30 pm IST.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A fire broke out on the sets of Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor starrer upcoming film 'AB
- Tax penalty on Actor Robert De Niro
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock on 'Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Amitabh to promote road safety
- Watch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teen
- I was in two minds about doing 'Badlapur': Huma Qureshi
- Priyanka joins American TV show 'Quantico'
- 'Ab Tak Chhappan 2' : Down for the count from scene one
- Working on 'Fan' like going back to school
Kerala High Court has helped a young couple from different faiths, who were facing death t
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w