- Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking katrina's text messages???While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Meera to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
IPL 2013: Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 4 wkts Last Updated : 20 Apr 2013 07:47:14 PM IST Michael Hussey celebrates after taking an outfield catch
Chennai Super Kings defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by four wickets in a Pepsi Indian Premier League match in Kolkata on Saturday evening.
IPL live score: KKR vs CSK
Earlier, Kolkata Knight Riders frittered away a good start to be restricted to a modest 119 for nine by Chennai Super Kings in a Pepsi Indian Premier League match at Eden Gardens on Saturday.
Opting to bat, the Knight Riders gambled with Yusuf Pathan, who was sent to open the innings along with skipper Gautam Gambhir.
The duo, however, did not disappoint and gave the Knight Riders a flying start sharing 46 runs off just 35 balls before losing the Chennai outfit turned things around.
After Gambhir (25) was dismissed by a stunning Michael Hussey catch, the Knight Riders batsmen committed a hara-kiri of sorts as, from 46 for no loss, they slumped to 91 for eight in 15.5 overs.
It was 'mystery man' Sunil Narine's six-ball 13, which had two big sixes, that helped the Knight Riders cross the 100-run mark.
For the Super Kings, Ravindra Jadeja returned with figures three for 20 from his four overs, while Ravichandran Aswhin scalped two wickets for 21 runs.
Fresh from three consecutive half-centuries, Gambhir started positively to pick up 11 runs off the first over, Pathan too looked positive and smashed rookie Mohit Sharma for two boundaries as the Knight Riders made a brisk start.
It took a brilliant diving catch from Hussey to sent packing Gambhir and break the dangerous-looking partnership.
Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 4 wickets:
Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir won the toss and opted to bat first against Chennai Super Kings in a Pepsi Indian Premier League match at Eden Gardens here at Eden Gardens on Saturday.
The Knight Riders made one change in their line-up, bringing in a fit-again Laxmi Ratan Shukla in place of Manvinder Bisla.
Desperate to return to winning ways after their humiliating loss to Kings XI Punjab, the Knight Riders will have Debabrata Das behind the stumps.
The Super Kings retained the same side that had beaten Delhi Daredevils in the last match.
Kolkata Knight Riders: 119 for nine in 20 overs (Gautam Gambhir 25, Yusuf Pathan 25; Ravindra Jadeja 3/20).
Chennai Super Kings: 124 for six in 19.1 overs (Mike Hussey 40, Ravindra Jadeja 36 not out; Sachithra Senanayake 1/18).
Kolkata Knight Riders: Gautam Gambhir (C), Jacques Kallis, Eoin Morgan, Manoj Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, Debabrata Das (WK), Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Rajat Bhatia, Sachithra Senanayake, Sunil Narine and Laxmipathy Balaji.
Chennai Super Kings: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (C and WK), Murali Vijay, Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina, Dwayne Bravo, Subaramaniam Badrinath, Ravindra Jadeja, Albie Morkel, Chris Morris, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohit Sharma.
Field Umpires: Asad Rauf, Anil Chowdhury;
TV Umpire: Sudhir Asnani; Match Referee: Raju Mukherjee.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"Mechanic Resurrection" is a super-charged, stylishly packed action thriller that is mecha
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann' (TV Snippets)
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cut
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999