- Miley Cyrus strips cloth in oceanSRK likely to feature in Bengal\'s new tourism campaignShah Rukh Khan invites Obama for Chaiyya Chaiyaa danceWatch Sambhavna Seth Hot VideoShruti Hassan: Hot Star in the makingTop quotes of US President Obama\'s speech at Siri FortDimpy is my best friend and I'm not dating Aparna,says Rahul MahajanShah Rukh Khan to choose Sabse ShaanaObama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s wedding
Rafael Nadal's Australian Open dream lay in tatters Tuesday with the third seed crushed by
IPL 2013: Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 4 wkts Last Updated : 20 Apr 2013 07:47:14 PM IST Michael Hussey celebrates after taking an outfield catch
Chennai Super Kings defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by four wickets in a Pepsi Indian Premier League match in Kolkata on Saturday evening.
IPL live score: KKR vs CSK
Earlier, Kolkata Knight Riders frittered away a good start to be restricted to a modest 119 for nine by Chennai Super Kings in a Pepsi Indian Premier League match at Eden Gardens on Saturday.
Opting to bat, the Knight Riders gambled with Yusuf Pathan, who was sent to open the innings along with skipper Gautam Gambhir.
The duo, however, did not disappoint and gave the Knight Riders a flying start sharing 46 runs off just 35 balls before losing the Chennai outfit turned things around.
After Gambhir (25) was dismissed by a stunning Michael Hussey catch, the Knight Riders batsmen committed a hara-kiri of sorts as, from 46 for no loss, they slumped to 91 for eight in 15.5 overs.
It was 'mystery man' Sunil Narine's six-ball 13, which had two big sixes, that helped the Knight Riders cross the 100-run mark.
For the Super Kings, Ravindra Jadeja returned with figures three for 20 from his four overs, while Ravichandran Aswhin scalped two wickets for 21 runs.
Fresh from three consecutive half-centuries, Gambhir started positively to pick up 11 runs off the first over, Pathan too looked positive and smashed rookie Mohit Sharma for two boundaries as the Knight Riders made a brisk start.
It took a brilliant diving catch from Hussey to sent packing Gambhir and break the dangerous-looking partnership.
Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 4 wickets:
Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir won the toss and opted to bat first against Chennai Super Kings in a Pepsi Indian Premier League match at Eden Gardens here at Eden Gardens on Saturday.
The Knight Riders made one change in their line-up, bringing in a fit-again Laxmi Ratan Shukla in place of Manvinder Bisla.
Desperate to return to winning ways after their humiliating loss to Kings XI Punjab, the Knight Riders will have Debabrata Das behind the stumps.
The Super Kings retained the same side that had beaten Delhi Daredevils in the last match.
Kolkata Knight Riders: 119 for nine in 20 overs (Gautam Gambhir 25, Yusuf Pathan 25; Ravindra Jadeja 3/20).
Chennai Super Kings: 124 for six in 19.1 overs (Mike Hussey 40, Ravindra Jadeja 36 not out; Sachithra Senanayake 1/18).
Kolkata Knight Riders: Gautam Gambhir (C), Jacques Kallis, Eoin Morgan, Manoj Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, Debabrata Das (WK), Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Rajat Bhatia, Sachithra Senanayake, Sunil Narine and Laxmipathy Balaji.
Chennai Super Kings: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (C and WK), Murali Vijay, Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina, Dwayne Bravo, Subaramaniam Badrinath, Ravindra Jadeja, Albie Morkel, Chris Morris, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohit Sharma.
Field Umpires: Asad Rauf, Anil Chowdhury;
TV Umpire: Sudhir Asnani; Match Referee: Raju Mukherjee.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pop star Miley Cyrus went topless when playing in the ocean with her boyfriend.
- SRK likely to feature in Bengal's new tourism campaign
- Shah Rukh Khan invites Obama for Chaiyya Chaiyaa dance
- Watch Sambhavna Seth Hot Video
- Shruti Hassan: Hot Star in the making
- Dimpy is my best friend and I'm not dating Aparna,says Rahul Mahajan
- Salim Khan rejects Padma Shri says,he deserves more
- Shah Rukh Khan to choose Sabse Shaana
- Inside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu's wedding
As the Cricket World Cup is round the corner, a bat as tall as 10-storey building, unveile
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28