- Guess who's Alia's dating recently?'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerveSee Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir Kapoor
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
IPL live 2013: Warriors beat Rajasthan Royals by 7 wkts Last Updated : 11 Apr 2013 11:35:46 PM IST Pune Warriors India fielder Ross Taylor celebrating with team after taken Rajasthan Royals captain's Rahul Dravid catch during a Pepsi IPL T20 cricket match at Subrata Roy Sahara stadium in Pune on Thursday.
Pune Warriors beat Rajasthan Royals by seven wickets in their Indian Premier League match at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium in Pune on Thursday.
Earlier, choosing to bat Rajasthan Royals scored 145 for five against Pune Warriors.
Captain Rahul Dravid (54) struck his second half century in three games but Rajasthan Royals could only post 145 for five in their Pepsi IPL match against Pune Warriors here.
Opting to bat, the Royals had the worst possible start with opener Kushal Perera out LBW first ball off Bhuvneshwar Kumar but Dravid steadied the innings with the other opener Ajinkya Rahane (30 off 27 balls) with a 81-run stand for the second wicket from 11.1 overs.
The Royals, however, failed to capitalise on their skipper's half century as they suffered a batting collapse in the second part of their innings.
The visitors lost wickets in quick succession and from 81 for one in the 12th over, they were reduced to 106 for five in the 16th over.
Brad Hodge (22 not out) and James Faulkner (19 not out) recovered some lost ground as they took the Royals to 145 for five with a 39-run unbroken stand for the sixth wicket from 4.1 overs.
After the initial jolt of Perera, Dravid and Rahane went about scoring with ease with at least a four every over.
Dravid hit Angelo Mathews for two fours in the fourth over before Rahane joined with a boundary off Ashok Dinda as the Royals reached 40 for one at the end of the fifth over.
Pune Warriors beat Rajasthan Royals by 7 wkts:
The duo maintained the pressure on the Warriors bowlers with a four each off Mitchell Marsh to take their side to 72 for one at the halfway mark.
Two quick wickets in the form of Rahane and Stuart Binny (1) in the space of eight balls jolted the Royals innings before Darvid himself was out in the 15th over with Ross Taylor taking a brilliant one-handed catch.
Dravid got a bit of width and played the delivery in the air towards cover region but Taylor dived to his left and plucked it with one hand. Dravid hit eight fours in his 48-ball knock and with his departure at the team score of 93 for four, the Warriors came back into the match.
For the Warriors, leg-spinner Rahul Sharma and Yuvraj Singh grabbed two wickets each while Bhuvneshwar took one.
Rajasthan Royals: 145 for 5 in 20 overs (Rahul Dravid 54, Ajinkya Rahane 30; Rahul Sharma 2/16).
Pune Warriors: 148 for 3 in 18.4 overs (Aaron Finch 64, Robin Uthappa 32, Yuvraj Singh 28 not out; James Faulkner 2/17).
The Teams (from):
Rajasthan Royals: AM Rahane, R Dravid*, STR Binny, BJ Hodge, K Cooper, DH Yagnik†, MDKJ Perera, S Sreesanth, JP Faulkner, Harmeet Singh, SK Trivedi.
Pune Warriors: RV Uthappa†, AJ Finch, Yuvraj Singh, TL Suman, LRPL Taylor, AM Nayar, AD Mathews*, MR Marsh, B Kumar, R Sharma, AB Dinda.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Heartbroken Alia, who recently got separated from actor Sidharth Malhotra, wanted solice a
- 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerve
- Meet: Chef-cum-Poet Vikas Khanna
- Erica Fernades excited to dress as a bride
- See Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.
- 'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret