- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
T 20 Fall Out: Spit in Pakistani team, Razzaq accuses Hafeez of biased behaviour Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 03:38:29 PM IST Spit in Pakistani team, Razzaq accuses Hafeez of biased behaviour
After its ouster from the World Twenty 20,there is a split in the Pakistan team as Abdul Razzaq has accused Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez of biased behaviour.
Abdul Razzaq expressed his disappointment at being dropped from the lost semifinal against Sri Lanka. Razzaq, who returned to his hometown Lahore, revealed to the media at the airport that it was the unilateral decision of the captain not play him although the team management thought differently.
"I felt hurt at the way I was made to sit outside and watch the team lose. Even former Indian captain, Sourav Ganguly said I would have been useful in the lower order on a slow and turning track," Razzaq stated.
"I know the team management didn't drop me it was Hafeez and he should now speak up and admit it was his own decision," Razzaq said.
Even a Pakistani newspaper on Tuesday reported that the Pakistani players are busy in internal politics and grouping to let down each other instead of being a unit to win the game.
Hafeez, on returning to Pakistan on Saturday, had claimed that the decision to drop Razzaq was taken by the team management since they wanted to play someone who could bowl spin.
Razzaq was played in just one match of the tournament against Australia in which he scored a useful 22 runs but was not given a single over by his captain.
In the very next match against Sri Lanka, Hafeez preferred to pick Sohail Tanvir in place of Razzaq in a low scorer -- a decision which has been criticised by former players and critics.
"I was very sad and disappointed to not get a chance to play in the semifinal. I was mentally prepared for the big match and it came as a huge letdown to know I was not playing," Razzaq said."Hafeez should not deflect the blame to the board and management and should own up that it was his decision to drop me," he added.
The veteran of 46 tests, 265 one-day internationals and 30 T20s said before the semifinal the Sri Lankans were worried to learn that he and Shahid Afridi would be playing in the semifinal.
"They were concerned because we are senior players and we have performed against them in the past," Razzaq added. "If he has dropped me, he should say that it was his (Hafeez's) decision to drop me, and that he is the captain and it's his planning."
The allrounder said after the team qualified for the semifinals it was in high spirits and the players were in favour of fielding an unchanged side for the knockout game.
"The only that regret that will remain is that our team lost, and lost out on a world cup," he said. He pointed out that he was disappointed and upset at missing out on the semifinal because when 57 runs were needed in the last eight overs, it was the ideal situation for him to come in and do something for the team.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood Khiladi No 1 Akshay Kumar has joined hands with Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhta
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra lauds Aamir Khan for 'Dangal'
- 'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
- Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
- 5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHM
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel