- Pics:Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in Arms Act caseDeepika confess romancing with Ven DieselHairstyle trends to look fabulous10 top revelations in Rishi Kapoor's Khullam KhullaFresh snowfall disrupts life in Kashmir ValleyMona Lisa celebrates haldi inside 'Bigg Boss' houseMercury remains below freezing in HimachalWhy Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this ageWhy people love Dangal girl ZairaDiljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero film
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
ICC T20 world cup India vs South Africa: Statistical highlights Last Updated : 03 Oct 2012 12:10:08 PM IST File Photo
Statistical highlights of the Super Eights match of the ICC Twenty20 World Cup between India and South Africa here.
- Suresh Raina has become the second Indian fielder to take three catches in a T20I. Rohit Sharma had performed the feat against South Africa at Johannesburg on March 30, 2012. Raina has become the first Indian to achieve the feat in the ICC World Twenty20.
- Suresh Raina, with 15 catches in 32 matches, has set an Indian fielding record in T20Is, eclipsing Rohit Sharma's tally of 14 in 32.
- Zaheer Khan (3/22) has registered his best bowling figures against South Africa in T20Is.
- Zaheer is averaging 17.63 runs apiece in Indian wins while claiming eleven wickets in eight matches.
- Zaheer's performance is the second best by an Indian bowler against South Africa in T20Is. Rudra Pratap Singh had claimed 4 for 13 at Durban on September 20, 2007.
- India have won three matches out of four played against South Africa in the ICC World Twenty20 - winning per centage 75.00. Their triumph by one run is their smallest victory margin in T20Is.
- Three teams -- India, South Africa and New Zealand -- have won by one-run margin in the ICC World Twenty20.
- Eight games have produced one-run wins in Twenty20 Internationals.
- India's tally of five wins against South Africa (out of seven played) is the most against any side in T20Is.
- With 185 runs in five matches at an average of 46.25, Virat Kohli is the leading run-getter for India in the present tournament.
- Suresh Raina (45) has recorded his second highest score against South Africa, next only to the the 101 at Gros Islet on May 2, 2010. He enjoys a splendid average of 48.25 against South Africa while managing 193 runs in five innings, including a hundred.
- Morne Morkel (2/28) has registered his best bowling figures against India in T20Is.
- Faf du Plessis (65 off 38 balls) has recorded his first half-century in T20Is.
- The aforesaid knock is his second highest by a South African batsman against India in the ICC World Twenty20. Jacques Kallis had posted 73 at Gros Islet on May 2, 2010.
- Du Plessis' impressive strike rate of 171.05 is the highest in an innings by a South African player against a Test-playing side in the ICC World Twenty20.
- Yuvraj Singh has recorded his best bowling figures in a series/tournament, capturing 8 wickets at an average of 10.12 in five matches. His marvellous figures of 2 or 23 are his best against South Africa in T20Is.
- Yuvraj, for the fourth time, has got the Man of the Match award in T20Is - his first against South Africa.
- Lakshmipathy Balaji took 9 wickets in four matches at an average of 9.77 - the most by an Indian bowler in the ICC World Twenty20 2012. Only Shane Watson has taken more wickets than Balaji - 11 at an average of 12.81 in five matches.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Wednesday thanked his supporters after getting acquitte
- Every decade has brought something new: Amitabh Bachchan
- Like doing things which are tough, says Hrithik
- Deepika confess romancing with Ven Diesel
- Priyanka back to work after injury
- As the drama unfolded before Salman Khan's acquittal, read details
- Mona Lisa celebrates haldi inside 'Bigg Boss' house
- Why Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this age
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9