- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards functionWant my fan base to increase in South: HumaSee what Bips made Karan do post weddingAndamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French fries
Tennis fans in the country have much to rejoice for as Sania Mirza's journey to the numer
ICC T20 world cup India vs South Africa: Statistical highlights Last Updated : 03 Oct 2012 12:10:08 PM IST File Photo
Statistical highlights of the Super Eights match of the ICC Twenty20 World Cup between India and South Africa here.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
- Suresh Raina has become the second Indian fielder to take three catches in a T20I. Rohit Sharma had performed the feat against South Africa at Johannesburg on March 30, 2012. Raina has become the first Indian to achieve the feat in the ICC World Twenty20.
- Suresh Raina, with 15 catches in 32 matches, has set an Indian fielding record in T20Is, eclipsing Rohit Sharma's tally of 14 in 32.
- Zaheer Khan (3/22) has registered his best bowling figures against South Africa in T20Is.
- Zaheer is averaging 17.63 runs apiece in Indian wins while claiming eleven wickets in eight matches.
- Zaheer's performance is the second best by an Indian bowler against South Africa in T20Is. Rudra Pratap Singh had claimed 4 for 13 at Durban on September 20, 2007.
- India have won three matches out of four played against South Africa in the ICC World Twenty20 - winning per centage 75.00. Their triumph by one run is their smallest victory margin in T20Is.
- Three teams -- India, South Africa and New Zealand -- have won by one-run margin in the ICC World Twenty20.
- Eight games have produced one-run wins in Twenty20 Internationals.
- India's tally of five wins against South Africa (out of seven played) is the most against any side in T20Is.
- With 185 runs in five matches at an average of 46.25, Virat Kohli is the leading run-getter for India in the present tournament.
- Suresh Raina (45) has recorded his second highest score against South Africa, next only to the the 101 at Gros Islet on May 2, 2010. He enjoys a splendid average of 48.25 against South Africa while managing 193 runs in five innings, including a hundred.
- Morne Morkel (2/28) has registered his best bowling figures against India in T20Is.
- Faf du Plessis (65 off 38 balls) has recorded his first half-century in T20Is.
- The aforesaid knock is his second highest by a South African batsman against India in the ICC World Twenty20. Jacques Kallis had posted 73 at Gros Islet on May 2, 2010.
- Du Plessis' impressive strike rate of 171.05 is the highest in an innings by a South African player against a Test-playing side in the ICC World Twenty20.
- Yuvraj Singh has recorded his best bowling figures in a series/tournament, capturing 8 wickets at an average of 10.12 in five matches. His marvellous figures of 2 or 23 are his best against South Africa in T20Is.
- Yuvraj, for the fourth time, has got the Man of the Match award in T20Is - his first against South Africa.
- Lakshmipathy Balaji took 9 wickets in four matches at an average of 9.77 - the most by an Indian bowler in the ICC World Twenty20 2012. Only Shane Watson has taken more wickets than Balaji - 11 at an average of 12.81 in five matches.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has been honoured with the Best Actor Award at the 63rd Nat
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
- Randeep chained himself for 'Sarbjit'
- Want my fan base to increase in South: Huma
- See what Bips made Karan do post wedding
- FIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio joins advisory board of Ecuador
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
There are nearly one trillion species on the Earth while 99.999 percent of species still r
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind