- Arjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'Who is playing Aamir Khan\'s daughter in Dangal?PICS:Rahul blames Modi for snatching land from farmersWhy Sunny Leone is better than Sherlyn Chopra and Rakhi SawantNew 'Jurassic World' poster unveiledRussell powers KKR home by 4 wickets against KXIPMeet Poonam Dhillon's daughterMalaika's blouse gets unbuttonedAmitabh-Aish at the opening of Kalyan JewellersYamaha launches 125cc bike Saluto
The Auditor-General of Pakistan is set to carry out an audit of the national hockey federa
India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2014 ODI: Statistical highlights Last Updated : 03 Mar 2014 12:24:09 PM IST Shahid Afridi is all smiles after sealing a one-wicket win for Pakistan with two consecutive sixes in the final over against India
Pakistan defeated India in a nail-biting encounter on Sunday in the Asia Cup 2014 to virtually qualify for for the final.
Statistical highlights of the Asia Cup match between India and Pakistan here.
- Shahid Afridi is the first batsman to complete 50 sixes against India in 63 innings in ODIs, bettering Sanath Jayasuriya's tally of 46 in 85 innings. He became the first player to complete 50 sixes or more against two opponents -- 63 against Sri Lanka and 50 against India.
- Ambati Rayudu (58 off 62 balls) has recorded his second fifty in ODIs. He had posted an unbeaten 63 vs Zimbabwe at Harare on July 24, 2013.
- Rayudu's innings is his highest in a losing cause in ODIs.
- Ravichandran Ashwin (3/44) recorded his second best bowling figures at the Asia Cup, next only to the 3 for 39 against Sri Lanka at Dhaka on March 13, 2012. His figures are his best against Pakistan in ODIs.
- Ashwin's figures of 3 for 44 are his second best in a losing cause in ODIs - the best being 3 for 40 vs England at The Oval on September 9, 2011.
- Saeed Ajmal, with 20 wickets at an average of 19.90 in ten games, has set a Pakistan record for most wickets at the Asia Cup, eclipsing Abdul Qadir's runs' tally of 17 at 14.76 runs apiece.
- Pakistan have won five and lost five out of eleven contested against India at the Asia Cup (NR 1). Overall, they have won 23 and lost 14 out of 38 contested at the Asia Cup (NR 1) - success rate 62.16 per cent.
- Pakistan's thrilling one-wicket win is the narrowest victory margin in terms of wickets at the Asia Cup, bettering Sri Lanka's two-wicket triumph over India at Fatullah on February 28, 2014.
- Pakistan's win is their seventh by one-wicket margin - two each against India and South Africa and one each against Australia, West Indies and New Zealand.
- Apart from a career-best 183 off 148 balls at Dhaka on March 18, 2012, Virat Kohli's batting record against Pakistan is average in remaining eight innings in ODIs - his scores are 16, 18, 9, 183, 0, 6, 7, 22 not out and 5 - his tally being 266 at an average of 33.25.
- In a losing cause in ODIs, Kohli's record is not upto the mark, aggregating 1585 at an average of 34.45 in 47 matches.
- Rohit Sharma (56) has recorded his 22nd fifty in ODIs - his fourth against Pakistan. He is the first Indian batsman to record three fifties against Pakistan at the Asia Cup.
- In all, Rohit has recorded four fifties at the Asia Cup, including his highest - 69 vs Sri Lanka at Dambulla on June 22, 2010.
- Ravindra Jadeja has established an Indian record for the highest individual innings by number seven batsman at the Asia Cup. Overall, he is the sixth number seven batsman to record a fifty at the Asia Cup.
- Misbah-ul-Haq and Arjuna Ranatunga are the two captains to have recorded three run-outs as captain at the Asia Cup.
- Mohammad Hafeez has posted his second fifty at the Asia Cup. His match-winning knock of 75 off 117 balls is his second highest score against India at the Asia Cup, next only to the 105 off 113 balls at Dhaka on March 18, 2012.
- Hafeez and Sohaib Maqsood were associated in a stand of 87 - Pakistan's second highest fifth-wicket partnership against India at the Asia Cup - the highest being 92 between Moin Khan and Mohammad Yousuf at Dhaka on June 3, 2000.
- Hafeez's 19th half-century in ODIs is his second against India. He has provided the sixth instance when a Pakistani all-rounder has posted a half-century, claimed two wickets and two catches in the same ODI.
- Hafeez has received his first Man of the Match award against India - his 14th in ODIs.
- Jayasuriya is the only other batsman to complete 50 sixes against an opponent - 53 vs Pakistan.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor has begun shooting for the biopic of Indian flight attendan
- Anushka taking career's biggest risk
- Know the Truth behind Shahid's No to 'XXX'!
- Arjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'
- Calvin Harris is allergic to Taylor Swift's cats
- Kylie Jenner doesn't want to be a model
- Kevin James uses a Segway to control his children.
- Who is playing Aamir Khan's daughter in Dangal?
- Why Sunny Leone is better than Sherlyn Chopra and Rakhi Sawant
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!