- Use simple cardio workouts for weight lossSurprising that The Conjuring 2 is doing very well on Box OfficeBlood Donation Day: What ails the blood donation sectorB'day Special: Why we call Kirron Kher a fashionistaAnil-Arjun to play Uncle-Nephew onscreenHow to keep your make-up products safe during monsoonKarisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur granted divorceShekhar Kapur's tryst with Shakespeare for 'Will'Wow! Aamir loses 25 kgs post-DangalBollywood thumbs up to High Court order on Udta Punjab
Portugal winger Nani believes star striker Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace against Hungary in
India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2014 ODI: Statistical highlights Last Updated : 03 Mar 2014 12:24:09 PM IST Shahid Afridi is all smiles after sealing a one-wicket win for Pakistan with two consecutive sixes in the final over against India
Pakistan defeated India in a nail-biting encounter on Sunday in the Asia Cup 2014 to virtually qualify for for the final.
Statistical highlights of the Asia Cup match between India and Pakistan here.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
- Shahid Afridi is the first batsman to complete 50 sixes against India in 63 innings in ODIs, bettering Sanath Jayasuriya's tally of 46 in 85 innings. He became the first player to complete 50 sixes or more against two opponents -- 63 against Sri Lanka and 50 against India.
- Ambati Rayudu (58 off 62 balls) has recorded his second fifty in ODIs. He had posted an unbeaten 63 vs Zimbabwe at Harare on July 24, 2013.
- Rayudu's innings is his highest in a losing cause in ODIs.
- Ravichandran Ashwin (3/44) recorded his second best bowling figures at the Asia Cup, next only to the 3 for 39 against Sri Lanka at Dhaka on March 13, 2012. His figures are his best against Pakistan in ODIs.
- Ashwin's figures of 3 for 44 are his second best in a losing cause in ODIs - the best being 3 for 40 vs England at The Oval on September 9, 2011.
- Saeed Ajmal, with 20 wickets at an average of 19.90 in ten games, has set a Pakistan record for most wickets at the Asia Cup, eclipsing Abdul Qadir's runs' tally of 17 at 14.76 runs apiece.
- Pakistan have won five and lost five out of eleven contested against India at the Asia Cup (NR 1). Overall, they have won 23 and lost 14 out of 38 contested at the Asia Cup (NR 1) - success rate 62.16 per cent.
- Pakistan's thrilling one-wicket win is the narrowest victory margin in terms of wickets at the Asia Cup, bettering Sri Lanka's two-wicket triumph over India at Fatullah on February 28, 2014.
- Pakistan's win is their seventh by one-wicket margin - two each against India and South Africa and one each against Australia, West Indies and New Zealand.
- Apart from a career-best 183 off 148 balls at Dhaka on March 18, 2012, Virat Kohli's batting record against Pakistan is average in remaining eight innings in ODIs - his scores are 16, 18, 9, 183, 0, 6, 7, 22 not out and 5 - his tally being 266 at an average of 33.25.
- In a losing cause in ODIs, Kohli's record is not upto the mark, aggregating 1585 at an average of 34.45 in 47 matches.
- Rohit Sharma (56) has recorded his 22nd fifty in ODIs - his fourth against Pakistan. He is the first Indian batsman to record three fifties against Pakistan at the Asia Cup.
- In all, Rohit has recorded four fifties at the Asia Cup, including his highest - 69 vs Sri Lanka at Dambulla on June 22, 2010.
- Ravindra Jadeja has established an Indian record for the highest individual innings by number seven batsman at the Asia Cup. Overall, he is the sixth number seven batsman to record a fifty at the Asia Cup.
- Misbah-ul-Haq and Arjuna Ranatunga are the two captains to have recorded three run-outs as captain at the Asia Cup.
- Mohammad Hafeez has posted his second fifty at the Asia Cup. His match-winning knock of 75 off 117 balls is his second highest score against India at the Asia Cup, next only to the 105 off 113 balls at Dhaka on March 18, 2012.
- Hafeez and Sohaib Maqsood were associated in a stand of 87 - Pakistan's second highest fifth-wicket partnership against India at the Asia Cup - the highest being 92 between Moin Khan and Mohammad Yousuf at Dhaka on June 3, 2000.
- Hafeez's 19th half-century in ODIs is his second against India. He has provided the sixth instance when a Pakistani all-rounder has posted a half-century, claimed two wickets and two catches in the same ODI.
- Hafeez has received his first Man of the Match award against India - his 14th in ODIs.
- Jayasuriya is the only other batsman to complete 50 sixes against an opponent - 53 vs Pakistan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Salman Khan, who feels he has “always been unlucky” in love, says he is “a
- Sky is the limit for me with right director: Alia Bhatt
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika
- Revealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!
- 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compelling
- Shivaay poster: Erika Kaar joins the journey
- Deepika, Sonakshi and Priyanka on Day 1 of IIFA
- IIFA kicks off with trailer launch of 'Mirzya', Shilpa Shetty's 'thumkas'
- Salman Khan vows to keep speech 'short' after rape controversy
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Panasonic India on Thursday launched a new fully-rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight Toughbook CF-2