- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
England face stiff India A challenge in first warm-up tie Last Updated : 09 Jan 2017 02:21:18 PM IST File photo
After being humbled 0-4 in the five-Test rubber, England will have their task cut out when they take on a strong India A led by former national cricket skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the first practice game at the Brabourne Stadium here on Tuesday.
Ahead of the three One-Day Internationals (ODI) and as many T20 matches, the England players, at least the ones who were not part of the Test series, will get some time to get acclimatized to the conditions.
Dhoni's side includes the likes of opener Shikhar Dhawan, middle-order star Yuvraj singh, all-rounder Hardik Pandya and veteran pacer Ashish Nehra, who will be seen in action in the upcoming series against the visitors.
While Dhoni and Yuvraj will use the match to gain some white ball practice, it will also give Pandya, Dhawan and Nehra a chance to prove their fitness.
Nehra, who sustained a serious injury during the Indian Premier League (IPL) last year, has been off the field since.
Pandya and Dhawan played in the Ranji Trophy for their respective sides after recovering from their injuries.
This could also be the last time Dhoni will lead an Indian team after the 35-year-old Ranchi wicketkeeper-batsman stepped down as India's limited overs skipper last week.
On the other hand, the match will also give an opportunity to the likes of Sanju Samson, Mandeep Singh, Siddarth Kaul, Shahbaz Nadeem, Kuldeep Yadav and Mohit Sharma to test India's bench strength in the shorter version of the game ahead of the Champions Trophy in England later this year.
England, meanwhile, will aim to salvage some pride in the shorter versions after being mauled in the Test series.
In recent times, swashbuckling batsman Eoin Morgan has led the side well and with dynamic players in Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jason Roy and Alex Hales, to just name a few, this England batting side is as good as any in international cricket.
The bowling department will be spearheaded by Chris Woakes with all-rounder Ben Stokes, Liam Plunkett and David Willey forming a great combination along with spinners Adil Rashid, Moeen Ali and Liam Dawson.
India A squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mandeep Singh, Ambati Rayudu, Yuvraj Singh, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma, Siddharth Kaul.
England: Eoin Morgan (Captain), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler (wk), Liam Dawson, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Actress Neha Sharma, who will be seen in a special role in the upcoming film "Mubarakan",
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
- 'Rajinikanth's visit to Sri Lanka might earn wrath of Tamil community'
- Movie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' crosses Rs 100 crore mark in India
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah': Swara shines in this hard-hitting drama
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
Finnish tech firm Nokia, which made a comeback with three Android-based phones -- Nokia 6,