- Ranbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leakedRanveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body pollsProtect your skin from sun with home care tipsIttefaq shoot begins with Shah Rukh KhanB-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfall
After signing big names like Beijing Olympians Vijender Singh, Akhil Kumar and Jitender
England face stiff India A challenge in first warm-up tie Last Updated : 09 Jan 2017 02:21:18 PM IST File photo
After being humbled 0-4 in the five-Test rubber, England will have their task cut out when they take on a strong India A led by former national cricket skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the first practice game at the Brabourne Stadium here on Tuesday.
Ahead of the three One-Day Internationals (ODI) and as many T20 matches, the England players, at least the ones who were not part of the Test series, will get some time to get acclimatized to the conditions.
Dhoni's side includes the likes of opener Shikhar Dhawan, middle-order star Yuvraj singh, all-rounder Hardik Pandya and veteran pacer Ashish Nehra, who will be seen in action in the upcoming series against the visitors.
While Dhoni and Yuvraj will use the match to gain some white ball practice, it will also give Pandya, Dhawan and Nehra a chance to prove their fitness.
Nehra, who sustained a serious injury during the Indian Premier League (IPL) last year, has been off the field since.
Pandya and Dhawan played in the Ranji Trophy for their respective sides after recovering from their injuries.
This could also be the last time Dhoni will lead an Indian team after the 35-year-old Ranchi wicketkeeper-batsman stepped down as India's limited overs skipper last week.
On the other hand, the match will also give an opportunity to the likes of Sanju Samson, Mandeep Singh, Siddarth Kaul, Shahbaz Nadeem, Kuldeep Yadav and Mohit Sharma to test India's bench strength in the shorter version of the game ahead of the Champions Trophy in England later this year.
England, meanwhile, will aim to salvage some pride in the shorter versions after being mauled in the Test series.
In recent times, swashbuckling batsman Eoin Morgan has led the side well and with dynamic players in Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jason Roy and Alex Hales, to just name a few, this England batting side is as good as any in international cricket.
The bowling department will be spearheaded by Chris Woakes with all-rounder Ben Stokes, Liam Plunkett and David Willey forming a great combination along with spinners Adil Rashid, Moeen Ali and Liam Dawson.
India A squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mandeep Singh, Ambati Rayudu, Yuvraj Singh, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma, Siddharth Kaul.
England: Eoin Morgan (Captain), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler (wk), Liam Dawson, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday denied staying summons issued by a trial court in a defama
- Want to see the end of corruption, hence voted: Subhash Ghai
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- Ranbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leaked
- Ranveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body polls
- 'Ittefaq' shoot begins with Shah Rukh Khan
- 'Ghazi Attack' mints over Rs 15.75 crore
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la