- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
he Indian squad ended their campaign at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF)
Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals: Live IPL 2013 Last Updated : 06 Apr 2013 10:35:17 PM IST File Photo
Rajasthan Royals pipped Delhi Daredevils by five runs in their IPL opening match on Saturday.
Delhi vs Rajatshan: Live scorecard
Kevon Cooper bowled a brilliant final over to guide Rajasthan Royals to a five-run victory over Delhi Daredevils in a thrilling Pepsi IPL league encounter.
Chasing a victory target of 166, Delhi batsmen failed to get 17 runs off the final two overs to finish at 160 for six at the Feroze Shah Kotla.
David Warner's smashing innings of 77 went in vain as the home team lost their second match in a row, having beaten by Kolkata Knight Riders in their tournament opener.
Needing nine runs from the final over, Cooper bowled a tight line conceding only three runs as Delhi lost the wicket of Andre Russell and Johan Botha.
A six off the final delivery was all that Delhi required but Cooper kept it fuller as Naman Ojha failed to connect the ball.
The match, which seemed to have slipped out of the hands of the Royals, was turned on its head by Australian Brad Hodge whose brilliant piece of fielding led to the dismissal of Warner.
Cooper bowls Royals to victory over Daredevils:
Warner, who till then looked like anchoring the Daredevils chase to perfection, was run-out in the penultimate over as he failed to beat a direct throw from Hodge who was manning the cover region. Such was the effect of that dismissal that Daredevils completely lost the plot during the final nine deliveries of the match.
Warner hit nine fours and a big six off Siddharth Trivedi in his 56-ball knock. He shared an important 67-run third wicket partnership with young Manprit Juneja (20) as the home team did not look like facing any major hiccups in the chase.
But, when it mattered the most, unheralded Rahul Shukla and Cooper did simple things admirably well to help their team start off on a winning note.
Electing to bat, Rajasthan Royals scored 165 for seven in their Pepsi IPL match against Delhi Daredevils here at Feroz Shah Kotla on Saturday.
Rajasthan Royals: 165 for 7 in 20 overs (Rahul Dravid 65, Stuart Binny 40; Umesh Yadav 4/24).
Delhi Daredevils are aiming to bounce back in the tournament after being pipped by Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 2013 opener at eden Gardens,
On the other hand, Rahul Dravid-led Rajasthan side have been aiming to beat Daredevils in their own den.
On paper, both the teams are equally balanced but injury woes have affected Delhi team badly.
After missing IPL opener, Sehwag will gain be a spectator in this match. Morne Morkel is also unavailable for Delhi.
Stay tuned with us to catch the live action between Delhi and Rajasthan.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director: Jasmine Moses Arora; Cast: Sunny Leone, Tanuj Virwani, introducing Nyra Benerjee
- Traffic' crawls on emotional route
- Captain America: Civil War': A purposeless fantasy
- Big B's figure at Madame Tussauds to be refurbished
- Kangana to inspire women to share their stories
- Elise Neal joins 'Wolverine 3'
- Jacqueline's tap dance in Housefull 3 will leave you in awe
- Big B suggested 'TE3N' makers shoot in Kolkata
- No, Shraddha Kapoor is not moving out of her parent's house
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind