- Sexy Vanessa facing tendinitisKramer ties nuptial knotRicha Chadha's 'unbelievable' moment at CannesSalman's next trip to Himachal for Arpita's wedding ReceptionPooja finishes 101 days of shootBreastfeeding protects kidsWho looks better with Sexy Deepika? Ranbir or Ranveer?Sex serine Regina to have fresh romanceOops! Ill Anushka to skip 'Dil Dhadakne Do' promotions at IPL finalPICS:Whom with Khloe Kardashian dating now?
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Chris Gayle, Vinay Kumar steal close win for RCB Last Updated : 05 Apr 2013 02:14:38 PM IST Royal Challenger Bangalore's Murali Kartik and Arun Kartik celebrate the wicket of Mumbai Indians Ricky Ponting during the IPL 2013 match at Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru on Thursday.
Chris Gayle smashed an unbeaten 92 before R Vinay Kumar's three-wicket burst helped Royal Challengers Bangalore eke out a close two-run win over Mumbai Indians in a thrilling Indian Premier League match in Bangalore on Thursday.
Live IPL 2013 score: MI vs RCB
Asked to bat, Gayle first single-handedly powered RCB to a fighting 156 for five before Vinay Kumar (3/27) picked up two crucial wickets in a tense final over to restrict Mumbai to 154 for five.
Needing 10 runs of the final over, Vinay Kumar picked up the crucial wickets of dangerman Dinesh Karthik (60) and Ambati Rayudu in successive balls to snatch the win for RCB.
Kieron Pollard gave a late scare to the hosts when he hit Vinay Kumar straight for a boundary to bring down the equation to four off the last ball, but the RCB bowler kept his cool and gave away just one run to hand his side a winning start.
Earlier, after a relatively slow start, Gayle upped his tempo and scored his 92 off just 58 balls with the help of 11 fours and five towering sixes to take RCB past the 150-mark.
Chasing the challenging total, Mumbai made a steady start with skipper Ricky Ponting and Sachin Tendulkar putting on 52 runs for the opening wicket before both departed quickly.
Gayle, Vinay Kumar steal close win for Royal Challengers Bangalore:
While Ponting made a quiet 28 off 33 balls, Tendulkar was the aggressor among the duo scoring his 23 runs off just 19 balls with the help of four fours, two of which came of successive balls off Mutttiah Muralitharan's opening over.
Tendulkar did not take any undue risk during his knock and seemed eager to stay there till the end. But his innings was cut short when he fell prey to a close run out.
Ten runs later Mumbai slumped to 62 for two when Ponting was stumped by K B Arun Karthik off left-arm spinner Murali Kartik in the 10th over.
Talented Rohit Sharma (11) wasted yet another opportunity as the Mumbai batsman, going for a huge heave over midwicket off R Vinay Kumar, missed a straight ball which crashed on to his off stump.
Royal Challengers Bangalore team: CH Gayle, TM Dilshan, V Kohli*, MA Agarwal, DT Christian, KK Nair, KB Arun Karthik†, R Vinay Kumar, M Kartik, JD Unadkat, M Muralitharan
Mumbai Indians team: RT Ponting*, SR Tendulkar, KD Karthik†, RG Sharma, AT Rayudu, KA Pollard, JJ Bumrah, MG Johnson, Harbhajan Singh, JDP Oram, MM Patel
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sexy Vanessa Hudgens facing tendinitis.
- Kramer ties nuptial knot
- Richa Chadha's 'unbelievable' moment at Cannes
- Salman's next trip to Himachal for Arpita's wedding Reception
- Pooja finishes 101 days of shoot
- Who looks better with Sexy Deepika? Ranbir or Ranveer?
- Puneet Issar to join "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa"?
- Sex serine Regina to have fresh romance
- Oops! Ill Anushka to skip 'Dil Dhadakne Do' promotions at IPL final
A British man who had his head ripped off from his spine in a car crash has survived, a me
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and