- Leonardo DiCaprio caught enjoying Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom fightWhat do Bollywood stars carry with them during flights?Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan go on a world tourMaruti to launch Ciaz, mini SUV soonStop erickshaws, HC tells Delhi govtList of forthcoming action moviesMeet Yuvraj\'s new lady loveOctopus has egg-brooding periodWhy are Salman's Muslim fans upset with him?Humaima goes bold in Raja Natwarlal, view pics
Rafael Nadal's announcement that he will miss key US Open warm-up events at Toronto and C
Chris Gayle, Vinay Kumar steal close win for RCB Last Updated : 05 Apr 2013 02:14:38 PM IST Royal Challenger Bangalore's Murali Kartik and Arun Kartik celebrate the wicket of Mumbai Indians Ricky Ponting during the IPL 2013 match at Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru on Thursday.
Chris Gayle smashed an unbeaten 92 before R Vinay Kumar's three-wicket burst helped Royal Challengers Bangalore eke out a close two-run win over Mumbai Indians in a thrilling Indian Premier League match in Bangalore on Thursday.
Live IPL 2013 score: MI vs RCB
Asked to bat, Gayle first single-handedly powered RCB to a fighting 156 for five before Vinay Kumar (3/27) picked up two crucial wickets in a tense final over to restrict Mumbai to 154 for five.
Needing 10 runs of the final over, Vinay Kumar picked up the crucial wickets of dangerman Dinesh Karthik (60) and Ambati Rayudu in successive balls to snatch the win for RCB.
Kieron Pollard gave a late scare to the hosts when he hit Vinay Kumar straight for a boundary to bring down the equation to four off the last ball, but the RCB bowler kept his cool and gave away just one run to hand his side a winning start.
Earlier, after a relatively slow start, Gayle upped his tempo and scored his 92 off just 58 balls with the help of 11 fours and five towering sixes to take RCB past the 150-mark.
Chasing the challenging total, Mumbai made a steady start with skipper Ricky Ponting and Sachin Tendulkar putting on 52 runs for the opening wicket before both departed quickly.
Gayle, Vinay Kumar steal close win for Royal Challengers Bangalore:
While Ponting made a quiet 28 off 33 balls, Tendulkar was the aggressor among the duo scoring his 23 runs off just 19 balls with the help of four fours, two of which came of successive balls off Mutttiah Muralitharan's opening over.
Tendulkar did not take any undue risk during his knock and seemed eager to stay there till the end. But his innings was cut short when he fell prey to a close run out.
Ten runs later Mumbai slumped to 62 for two when Ponting was stumped by K B Arun Karthik off left-arm spinner Murali Kartik in the 10th over.
Talented Rohit Sharma (11) wasted yet another opportunity as the Mumbai batsman, going for a huge heave over midwicket off R Vinay Kumar, missed a straight ball which crashed on to his off stump.
Royal Challengers Bangalore team: CH Gayle, TM Dilshan, V Kohli*, MA Agarwal, DT Christian, KK Nair, KB Arun Karthik†, R Vinay Kumar, M Kartik, JD Unadkat, M Muralitharan
Mumbai Indians team: RT Ponting*, SR Tendulkar, KD Karthik†, RG Sharma, AT Rayudu, KA Pollard, JJ Bumrah, MG Johnson, Harbhajan Singh, JDP Oram, MM Patel
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Turns out Justin Bieber was not once, but punched on two different occasions by Orlando Bl
- What do Bollywood stars carry with them during flights?
- Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan go on a world tour
- SOTY stars still best buds in B-town
- Twinkle Khanna twinkles on Vogue cover, view pic
- Model rape case: Poonam Pandey behind the crime?
- When Nauheed shows off all in transparent blouse
- List of forthcoming action movies
- Meet Yuvraj's new lady love
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.