- Mumtaz was in love with Shammi KapoorHottest star at CWG 2014Awesome Jacques Kallis retiresRicha Chadda hottest avatar in ‘Tamanchey’, view picsIsraeli Women post nude photos on Facebook for IDFAfter Surveen Chawla,Jay Bhanushali shoots steamy scenes with Shasha AghaLandslide in Pune:21 dead,200 trapped, Rajnath Singh to visitOMG! Rani Mukerji to be seen in an adult film!Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women\'s Health magazineGutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?
Australia’s track star Melissa Breen with her glamour is adding the oomph factor at CWG
J&K all-rounder Parvez Rassol makes India 'A' cut Last Updated : 02 Jan 2013 05:46:59 PM IST File Photo
Promising all-rounder from Jammu and Kashmir Parvez Rassol was on Wednesday rewarded for his brilliant performance in this season's Ranji Trophy after he was named in the 14-member India A squad for the practice game against England here on January 6.
Rassol finished on top of both batting and bowling charts for J&K with 594 runs, including two centuries, and 33 wickets.
Rassol, thus, became the first cricketer from the state to have got a call in the India 'A' team.
Rassol was detained for questioning three years ago in Bangalore in connection with a suspected presence of explosives at the Chinnaswamy stadium ahead of a Champions League match. But he was given a clean chit a few days later.
"It's the best news I have ever got. I was one of the better performers for my team in this season's Ranji Trophy. I had produced good all-round performnaces. So, at the back of mind I was hopeful of making it to the India A team," an ecstatic Rassol told news agency after his selection.
"The fact that J&K's performance in Ranji this year has been better has also helped my case. I have been playing first class cricket since 2008 but this has been my breakthrough year."
Apart from Rassol, another notable inclusion in the team is out-of-favour India pacer S Sreesanth, who last represented the senior team during India's tour of England in 2011.
Sreesanth, who made a comeback to the Kerala Ranji team after spending more than a year recuperating from a toe-injury, has picked up 10 wickets from four games he has played this season.
The Abhinav Mukund-led side, however, doesn't include any player from the sides that have qualified for the quarterfinals of the ongoing Ranji Trophy.
Madhya Pradesh seamer Ishwar Pandey, the top-wicket taker in Ranji Trophy this season, has also been rewarded for his good showing with the ball.
The first 50-over warm-up game will be played at the Palam Cricket Ground. England will also take on Delhi in their second warm-up game at Ferozshah Kotla ground on January 8 prior to the ODI series against India.
India and England will play a five-match ODI series, starting January 11 in Rajkot.
India 'A' squad: Abhinav Mukund (C), Murali Vijay, Robin Bist, Kedar Jadhav, Ashok Menaria, Rohit Motwani (Wk), Jalaj Saxena, Akshay Darekar, Ishwar Pandey, S Sreesanth, Rishi Dhawan, Paras Dogra, Mohit Sharma, Rasool Parvez.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Angry over the rumour of Rs 400 crore alimony demand from estranged wife Sussanne Khan, ac
- Mumtaz was in love with Shammi Kapoor
- Richa Chadda hottest avatar in ‘Tamanchey’, view pics
- Salman’s Kick crosses Rs 150 cr in six days
- After Surveen Chawla,Jay Bhanushali shoots steamy scenes with Shasha Agha
- OMG! Rani Mukerji to be seen in an adult film!
- Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women's Health magazine
- Gutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?
- Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold Schwarzenegger
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.