- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka ChopraPeople stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
India vs Pakistan 1st T20 match live :High voltage series Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 02:13:15 PM IST India vs Pakistan 1st T20 match live :High voltage series
Five years after their bilateral cricket ties snapped, India and Pakistan are set to slug it out in the 1st T20 match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on Tuesday.
High voltage series is expected as India take on Pakistan in two Twenty20s and three ODIs.All eyes will be on Key players ..
MS Dhoni is still the best bet to stage a turnaround in limited overs cricket as he is the only Indian captain to have won two World Cups.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni might have come under heavy criticism for his captaincy during thejust-concluded home Test series against England but former skipper Kapil Dev today backed him as the best bet to lead India in limited-overs cricket.
You can say whatever you want about Dhoni's captaincy inTests. But in T20 and ODI there is no better skipper than him. He won the World Cup last year and you cannot change him just because he's had bad time after that," Kapil said. "For me, he remains the best captain and player right now," he added.
Flamboyant Virat Kohli.
India's most prolific batsman over the last one year. With over 1000 runs in one dayers with five centuries, at an average of 73, Kohli could well be India's biggest X factor in the series vs Pakistan.
Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and skipper Dhoni himself have had some runs under their belts and they would like to continue in the same vein against Pakistan.
It will be interesting to see if Dhoni gives a chance to Ambati Rayudu, considering his past performances in this format of the game.
Mohammad Hafeez. is all-rounder has over 3500 limited overs runs and over 100 wickets .Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez said that his team has a good mixture of fast and spin bowlers who can pose questions to the Indian batsmen in the five-match limited overs series, starting with the Twenty20 encounter.
"Indian batting is well known all over the world being extremely good. But winning or losing does not depend only on
batting. Bowling will also have a major role. When we see our team, both batting and bowling is very good. So, our bowlers can negotiate the strong Indian batting line-up," Hafeez told reporters at the pre-match press conference here.
Hafeez said the team has prepared well for the series and is looking forward to the match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
"We are very much ready and looking for good, positive results for our country," he said. Hafeez said the selectors wanted to give opportunities to youngsters who have done well in the last couple of years at the domestic level.
"It will be a good experience for them in India because the crowds are always good. So the pressure is always there,but you have to handle it. Our team is a mix of both experience and youth. We have Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik,Umar Akmal. It is a mixture of seniors and juniors," he said.
In 2007 T20 World Championships, India won both the clashes. In the league stage, the match ended in a tie and India won via a bowl-out. In the final, India defeated Pakistan by five runs to win the trophy.
Teams from: India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (C), Gautam Gambhir,Ajinkya Rahane, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Parvinder Awana, Piyush Chawla, Ambati Rayudu.
Pakistan: Mohammad Hafeez (C), Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Ali,Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Irfan, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Umar Gul, Zulfiqar Babar.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an