- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
India vs Pakistan 1st T20 match live :High voltage series Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 02:13:15 PM IST India vs Pakistan 1st T20 match live :High voltage series
Five years after their bilateral cricket ties snapped, India and Pakistan are set to slug it out in the 1st T20 match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on Tuesday.
High voltage series is expected as India take on Pakistan in two Twenty20s and three ODIs.All eyes will be on Key players ..
MS Dhoni is still the best bet to stage a turnaround in limited overs cricket as he is the only Indian captain to have won two World Cups.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni might have come under heavy criticism for his captaincy during thejust-concluded home Test series against England but former skipper Kapil Dev today backed him as the best bet to lead India in limited-overs cricket.
You can say whatever you want about Dhoni's captaincy inTests. But in T20 and ODI there is no better skipper than him. He won the World Cup last year and you cannot change him just because he's had bad time after that," Kapil said. "For me, he remains the best captain and player right now," he added.
Flamboyant Virat Kohli.
India's most prolific batsman over the last one year. With over 1000 runs in one dayers with five centuries, at an average of 73, Kohli could well be India's biggest X factor in the series vs Pakistan.
Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and skipper Dhoni himself have had some runs under their belts and they would like to continue in the same vein against Pakistan.
It will be interesting to see if Dhoni gives a chance to Ambati Rayudu, considering his past performances in this format of the game.
Mohammad Hafeez. is all-rounder has over 3500 limited overs runs and over 100 wickets .Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez said that his team has a good mixture of fast and spin bowlers who can pose questions to the Indian batsmen in the five-match limited overs series, starting with the Twenty20 encounter.
"Indian batting is well known all over the world being extremely good. But winning or losing does not depend only on
batting. Bowling will also have a major role. When we see our team, both batting and bowling is very good. So, our bowlers can negotiate the strong Indian batting line-up," Hafeez told reporters at the pre-match press conference here.
Hafeez said the team has prepared well for the series and is looking forward to the match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
"We are very much ready and looking for good, positive results for our country," he said. Hafeez said the selectors wanted to give opportunities to youngsters who have done well in the last couple of years at the domestic level.
"It will be a good experience for them in India because the crowds are always good. So the pressure is always there,but you have to handle it. Our team is a mix of both experience and youth. We have Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik,Umar Akmal. It is a mixture of seniors and juniors," he said.
In 2007 T20 World Championships, India won both the clashes. In the league stage, the match ended in a tie and India won via a bowl-out. In the final, India defeated Pakistan by five runs to win the trophy.
Teams from: India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (C), Gautam Gambhir,Ajinkya Rahane, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Parvinder Awana, Piyush Chawla, Ambati Rayudu.
Pakistan: Mohammad Hafeez (C), Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Ali,Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Irfan, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Umar Gul, Zulfiqar Babar.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Jhanvi Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan will debut with Tiger Shroff in Karan Johar's 'SOTY 2'.
- Wishes pour in for Shahid and Mira
- Amitabh is an intelligent actor: Shoojit Sircar
- It's a girl for Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput
- Review: Mechanic Resurrection
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann'
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999