- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Ranchi Rhinos, the inaugural champions of HIL, were scrapped following distrust between o
2015 World Cup preparations prompted Tendulkar to retire: BCCI Last Updated : 23 Dec 2012 11:29:01 AM IST 2015 World Cup preparations prompted Tendulkar to retire: BCCI
It was not the clamour for his retirement but the thought of the Indian cricket team's preparations for the next 50-over World Cup in 2015, which prompted Sachin Tendulkar to walk into ODI sunset on Sunday,according to a top BCCI official.
"What he has expressed is his concern that India has to prepare for the next world cup. From that point of view, he felt that it was time that he retired," said Ratnakar Shetty,BCCI's chief administrative officer.
One of the game's all-time greats, Tendulkar, announced his retirement from one-day cricket, bringing to an end a glorious 23-year-old career in the format during which he rewrote numerous batting records.
Cricket Board general secretary Sanjay Jagdale said Tendulkar had informed them about his decision before the team was picked for the upcoming ODIs against Pakistan. "It was not sudden. He informed us before the selection about his decision. We should respect his decision. The way BCCI and cricket lovers respect him, the same way they should respect his decision," Jagdale said.
"He was not only a great Test batsman but also a great one-day batsman. In T20 also he has batted well in whatever matches he played. We wish him the best. It is his own decision and people respect it.
"He spoke to me and the president about his decision.Naturally he must have been (emotional) I can't say we just spoke on the phone," Jagdale added.
He further said: "A person of his calibre knows what to do. He has always taken the right decision at the right time.He will continue to do that in future as well. Jagdale refused to comment on when exactly Tendulkar conveyed his decision.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shah Rukh Khan-Deepika Padukone starrer 'Happy New Year' box office collections has shatte
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
- Deepika challenges Sunny Leone
- Major fire at Ekta Kapoor's Nixon studio
- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthday
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country