- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
German No. 2 seed Angelique Kerber and Romanian No. 5 seed Simona Halep advanced to the se
2015 World Cup preparations prompted Tendulkar to retire: BCCI Last Updated : 23 Dec 2012 11:29:01 AM IST 2015 World Cup preparations prompted Tendulkar to retire: BCCI
It was not the clamour for his retirement but the thought of the Indian cricket team's preparations for the next 50-over World Cup in 2015, which prompted Sachin Tendulkar to walk into ODI sunset on Sunday,according to a top BCCI official.
"What he has expressed is his concern that India has to prepare for the next world cup. From that point of view, he felt that it was time that he retired," said Ratnakar Shetty,BCCI's chief administrative officer.
One of the game's all-time greats, Tendulkar, announced his retirement from one-day cricket, bringing to an end a glorious 23-year-old career in the format during which he rewrote numerous batting records.
Cricket Board general secretary Sanjay Jagdale said Tendulkar had informed them about his decision before the team was picked for the upcoming ODIs against Pakistan. "It was not sudden. He informed us before the selection about his decision. We should respect his decision. The way BCCI and cricket lovers respect him, the same way they should respect his decision," Jagdale said.
"He was not only a great Test batsman but also a great one-day batsman. In T20 also he has batted well in whatever matches he played. We wish him the best. It is his own decision and people respect it.
"He spoke to me and the president about his decision.Naturally he must have been (emotional) I can't say we just spoke on the phone," Jagdale added.
He further said: "A person of his calibre knows what to do. He has always taken the right decision at the right time.He will continue to do that in future as well. Jagdale refused to comment on when exactly Tendulkar conveyed his decision.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Set somewhere in the Middle East, "Dishoom" is a stylised yet typical buddy-cop film with
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
- Varun Dhawan upset with 'Dishoom' ban in Pak
- Facts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't know
- 'Munnabhai 3' to release in 2018
- Rajshri CEO Rajjat Barjatya no more
- Movie Review: The BFG; Playfully spellbinding ***1/2
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu