- These films were banned by censor board because of sex scenesFind out real reason why Salman Khan agreed to host Bigg Boss 8In Pics: Bet you did not know this about hot siren Mallika SherawatImages: Bollywood stars who are mama's boysSee sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinnedSussane demands 400 crores alimonyDivas in see through dressesSee some rare visuals of Kaka\'s Aashirwaad; now soldSalman\'s niece is a hot girlIN PICS: Priyanka Chopra's b'day bash
The 31-year-old Bindra kept his nerve to take the honour in his favourite 10 m air rifle
Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODI Last Updated : 23 Dec 2012 02:20:34 PM IST Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODI
Sachin Tendulkar on Sunday retired from one-day internationals, bringing the curtains down on a glorious career spanning 23 years.
The 39-year-old Tendulkar conveyed his decision to the BCCI, which issued a statement on his behalf to make the announcement. The champion batsman will, however, continue to play in Tests.
"I have decided to retire from the One-Day format of the game. I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup wining Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest," Tendulkar was quoted as saying in the statement released by the Board.
"I have decided to retire from the One-Day format of the game. I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup wining Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest," the 39-year-old said in a statement released by the BCCI today.
"I would like to wish the team all the very best for the future. I am eternally grateful to all my well wishers for their unconditional support and love over the years," he added.
Tendulkar, considered the most complete batsman in modern cricket and one who was considered next only to the legendary
Sir Donald Bradman, retires from the ODI format at the top of the run-getters' list.
Tendulkar goes out after amassing 18,426 runs in 463 one-dayers at an average of 44.83. The diminutive right-hander has an astonishing 49 hundreds in the format, including a double hundred -- the first in this form of the game.
Tendulkar made his ODI debut against Pakistan way back in 1989 and interestingly he is quitting the scene just ahead of another series against the arch-rivals. The Mumbaikar, who made himself unavailable for Twenty20 after playing just one game in 2006, will now remain active in only the Test arena.
The brightest moment of his ODI career came last year when he finally became part of a World Cup winning Indian team after five previous appearances.
This announcement comes at a time when National cricket selectors were to pick the Indian squad for the limited-overs series against Pakistan .
The panel, headed by Sandeep Patil, will be meeting for the first time after the humiliating Test debacle against England.
The T20 matches against Pakistan are scheduled on December 25 and 28 in Bangalore and Ahmedabad respectively and the squad is unlikely to see many changes from the one playing against England in a T20 rubber that concludes here on Saturday.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As filmmakers become increasingly daring nowadays, more and more films are getting either
- Find out real reason why Salman Khan agreed to host Bigg Boss 8
- CWG Glasgow 2014: Apurvi Chandela and Rahi Sarnobat win Gold
- In Pics: Bet you did not know this about hot siren Mallika Sherawat
- Kareena enjoys working with Salman
- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boys
- See sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinned
- Sussane demands 400 crores alimony
- Divas in see through dresses
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar