- SRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
India vs England Kolkata Test: Statistical highlights Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 09:48:07 PM IST File Photo
Statistical highlights of the third day's play of the third cricket Test between India and England here at Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Friday.
- Jonathan Trott and Alastair Cook have added 173 for the second wicket - England's highest for any wicket at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- The above stand is England's second highest for the second wicket against India on Indian soil, behind the 241 between Graeme Fowler and Mike Gatting at Chennai in 1985.
- With 165 for the first wicket by Nick Compton and Cook, England have provided the third instance when they shared 150-plus partnerships for the first and second wicket in the same innings against India. Their first two occasions were - 157 for the first and 211 for the second at Birmingham in 1974 and 178 for the first and 241 for the second in the 1984-85 Chennai Test.
- Besides three instances against India, the only other occasion for such an happening for England in Tests being 188 for the first and 329 (unbroken) for the second against Australia in the 2010-11 Brisbane Test.
- Ravichandran Ashwin's tally of 183 runs is his second instance when he has conceded 175 runs or more in a Test innings. In the 2011-12 Adelaide Test, he had conceded 194 (53-6-194-3) in Australia's total of 604 for seven wickets declared.
- Ashwin, for the third time in a Test innings, has delivered 50 or more overs in an innings - once each against Australia, England and West Indies.
- Ashwin is the first Indian bowler to concede 175 runs or more in a Test innings at Eden Gardens.
- Jonathan Trott (87) has recorded his first half-century in the present series.
- England (509/6) have recorded their first total of 500 at Eden Gardens. Besides England, only West Indies have registered 500-plus against India at this venue - 614/5d in 1958-59 and 530/5d in 1987-88.
- Cook faced 1160 deliveries in the present series - the third highest by an England player in a Test series against India in India. Dennis Amiss had faced 1176 balls while totalling 417 runs (ave.52.12) in nine innings in 1976-77 and Chris Tavare 1171 balls to aggregate 349 (ave.38.77) in nine innings in 1981-82.
- Cook's brilliant 190 off 377 balls is his third highest innings in Tests - his highest two knocks being 294 against India at Edgbaston in 2011 and 235 not out against Australia at Brisbane in 2010-11.
- Cook has registered two sixes in a Test innings for the second time. Against Bangladesh at Chittagong in March 2010, during his innings of 173 off 283 balls, he had recorded two sixes. For the first time in Test cricket, Cook was run-out.
- Cook took his runs' tally to 1234 (ave.53.65) in 14 Tests this year - the second most run-aggregate, next only to Michael Clarke's 1358 (ave.104.46) in nine Tests.
- Cook's captain's knock of 190 is the second highest by a visiting batsman at Eden Gardens, next only to Rohan Kanhai's 256 for the West Indies in 1958-59. The said innings is the second highest by a captain against India on Indian soil, behind an unbeaten 242 by Clive Lloyd (West Indies) at Mumbai in January 1975.
- Cook has become the first England skipper to manage 500 runs or more in a Test series against India on Indian soil, aggregating 547 at an average of 136.75.
- Apart from Cook, the other captains to have achieved the feat are Clive Lloyd - 636 (ave.79.50) in five Tests in 1974-75; Kim Hughes - 594 (ave.59.40) in six Tests in 1979-80 and Alvin Kallicharran - 538 (ave.59.77) in six Tests in 1978-79.
- Cook's above aggregate is the third highest by an England player against India on Indian soil - the best two being Ken Barrington's 594 (ave.99.00) in five Tests in 1961-62 and Mike Gatting's 575 (ave.95.83) in five Tests in 1984-85.
- In seven Tests on Indian soil, Cook has averaged 77.36 - 851 runs, including four hundreds and three fifties.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After giving a big hit with Shah Rukh Khan in the form of Happy New Year, Deepika Padukone
- Why Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
- SRK ignored Salman's invitation to attend 'Bigg Boss 8'
- See Aishwarya Rai's teenage pictures
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan
- 7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?
- Sunny Leone sports hot red bikini in ‘Mastizaade’
- Amitabh Bachchan wraps up 'KBC 8' shooting
- SRK keen to promote Bengali film industry
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.