- Famous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, SoorajNo pressure to get married: Gauhar KhanUrvashi did mistake againKatrina Kaif is under no pressure
Reigning world tennis champion Novak Djokovic became a new goodwill ambassador for the UN
England work to master spin at nets Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 11:10:17 AM IST England work to master spin at nets
They dealt with spin quite well in the series-levelling win in the second Test but the visiting England cricket team's batsmen continued to practice against tweakers ahead of the third Test against India starting here on December 5.
Two local club spinners -- one left-arm orthodox and another leg-spinner -- along with Monty Panesar bowled at the nets in tandem.
Monty, particularly, bowled his heart out as the English cricketers tried to master orthodox spin.
Earlier, the English cricketers arrived in two batches with Kevin Pietersen arriving in the afternoon. Skipper Alastair Cook was seen deeply involved in a discussion with bowling coach Mushtaq Ahmed.
The in-form Cook, who has two centuries from two Tests, was seen negotiating the throw-ins from the former Pakistani leg-spinner and later the duo engaged themselves in discussion, while the remaining English players practised in the two practice nets.
Batsman Jonny Bairstow later acknowledged that the team still has challenges left to deal with despite dominating the Indian spin trio of Harbhajan Singh, Pragyan Ojha and R Ashwin in the Wankhede Test.
"It's still going to be tough. There will always be challenges left in the spin department. With the weather conditions and with the reverse swing, it would be a massive challenge for us. But we will be looking forward to dealing with that in the next Test," Bairstow conceded.
As they practised in tandem, a few yards away, the wicket lay covered.
"Honestly, we did not have a look at it. That's not something we do normally before the match. I'm sure the Indians have had a detailed look and take the right decision," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here we bring you the pictures of Bollywood stars with their siblings. Take a look.
- SRK offers help to Karan Johar
- Add Bollywood flavour to Raksha Bandhan
- Review Phantom: 10 reasons to watch it
- Saif Ali does not want Kareena to suffer
- Why Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon
- Haven't re-shot anything for 'Jagga Jasoos': Katrina Kaif
- 'Phantom' tweet review
- Let’s know about the celebs through their tattoos
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.