- Priyanka Chopra joins American TV show \'Quantico\'Watch incredible bridges\'Ab Tak Chhappan 2\' : Down for the count from scene oneA R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of MonicaSushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh BakshyWhy Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movieFan Commits Suicide For Selena GomezAnushka turns vegetarian for Virat?PM Modi, Sonia and Bachchans attend Mulayam-Lalu family wedding
Table Tennis giants China have made a few changes in their squad for the Asian Cup.
England work to master spin at nets Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 11:10:17 AM IST England work to master spin at nets
They dealt with spin quite well in the series-levelling win in the second Test but the visiting England cricket team's batsmen continued to practice against tweakers ahead of the third Test against India starting here on December 5.
Two local club spinners -- one left-arm orthodox and another leg-spinner -- along with Monty Panesar bowled at the nets in tandem.
Monty, particularly, bowled his heart out as the English cricketers tried to master orthodox spin.
Earlier, the English cricketers arrived in two batches with Kevin Pietersen arriving in the afternoon. Skipper Alastair Cook was seen deeply involved in a discussion with bowling coach Mushtaq Ahmed.
The in-form Cook, who has two centuries from two Tests, was seen negotiating the throw-ins from the former Pakistani leg-spinner and later the duo engaged themselves in discussion, while the remaining English players practised in the two practice nets.
Batsman Jonny Bairstow later acknowledged that the team still has challenges left to deal with despite dominating the Indian spin trio of Harbhajan Singh, Pragyan Ojha and R Ashwin in the Wankhede Test.
"It's still going to be tough. There will always be challenges left in the spin department. With the weather conditions and with the reverse swing, it would be a massive challenge for us. But we will be looking forward to dealing with that in the next Test," Bairstow conceded.
As they practised in tandem, a few yards away, the wicket lay covered.
"Honestly, we did not have a look at it. That's not something we do normally before the match. I'm sure the Indians have had a detailed look and take the right decision," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Huma Qureshi started her Bollywood journey by starring in edgy, unconventional films but e
- Priyanka joins American TV show 'Quantico'
- 'Ab Tak Chhappan 2' : Down for the count from scene one
- Working on 'Fan' like going back to school
- OMG! Anushka rejects Salman Khan
- A R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film production
- Watch 10 hottest moves of Monica
- Sushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
- Why Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movie
London has invited new professional designs and ideas to built a good designer bridge to l
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w