- Kalki, Esha, Mallika, Kajal: Hot Bollywood babes turn car washersJay Bhanushali comfortable doing intimate scenes with Sunny LeoneBirthday girl Malaika Arora Khan’s top 5 hot picsBirthday special: Vaani Kapoor hot photoshootKatrina to shoot her sexiest item number everHappy Birthday sexy Gauahar KhanPics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age differenceWhy is SRK following Big B blindlyKatrina heartbroken as Ranbir refuses to marry her
Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real M
India use 2 offies in a Test after quarter of century Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 02:39:31 PM IST File Photo
The two-pronged off-spin attack that India are using in the second cricket Test against England here is a ploy that the hosts last used quarter of a century ago.
Contrary to skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni's words at the pre-game media conference yesterday that India were to field two medium pacers and spinners -- offie Ravichandran Ashwin and left-armer Pragyan Ojha -- the home team drafted in senior off-spinner Harbhajan Singh to complement them on Friday morning.
It was at Mohali in the opening game of the 2006 drawn series (1-1) that India had last fielded three frontline slow bowlers with Harbhajan being part of the trio along with the now retired Anil Kumble and the discarded Piyush Chawla.
In the early 1990s when Mohammed Azharuddin was the captain, Venkatapathy Raju, Rajesh Chauhan and Kumble had played together in the same match, including in the 1992-93 home rubber against England.
It is 25 years ago that two off-spinners played in the same Test when Shivlal Yadav and Gopal Sharma played together against Imran Khan's Pakistan in the third and fourth games of the best-of-five series at Jaipur and Ahmedabad in the 1986-87 series.
Yadav had earlier played alongside another senior off-spinner S Venkataraghavan in his debut series against Kim Hughes' Australian team in 1979-80.
Playing two off-spinners or three slow bowlers or even all four, was not unheard of in the annals of Indian cricket when the spin quartet of Erapalli Prasanna, B S Chandrasekhar, B S Bedi and Venkat ruled the roost.
In the 1969-70 home series against Australia, off-spinners Prasanna and Venkat had played in all five Test matches against Bill Lawry's team.
In 1967 in England, all four spin bowlers played in the same Test match, at Birmingham, under the captaincy of the late Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi.
This was repeated in 1987 at Ahmedabad against Pakistan when Yadav, Sharma, Maninder Singh and Ravi Shastri were in the playing 11.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is not your regular car wash. When Bollywood actresses wash cars the scene is titilla
- Jay Bhanushali comfortable doing intimate scenes with Sunny Leone
- Birthday girl Malaika Arora Khan’s top 5 hot pics
- Birthday special: Vaani Kapoor hot photoshoot
- Katrina to shoot her sexiest item number ever
- Happy Birthday sexy Gauahar Khan
- Pics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’
- 'Barfi' goes to Belgrade
- Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age difference
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart