- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustreSee Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'Bipasha Basu to marry Karan todayRonaldo could be sidelinedRichards knocks ICC for criticism of West IndiesDaughters are our continuity: Big BThings to keep in mind for laser hair reductionI can't live for awards: Kalki KoechlinWant to breathe clean air? Travel to Himachal's Kinnaur districtMovie Review Baaghi
Portuguese doctor Nuno Campos, a former member of the medical team of his national footbal
Tendulkar deserves to be honoured by nations: Warne Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:43:18 PM IST Former Australian spinner Shane Warne interacts with the media at an event in Mumbai on Thursday.
Spin legend Shane Warne on Thursday backed his country's decision to confer Sachin Tendulkar with the membership of Order of Australia, saying the Indian batsman deserves to be honoured by every nation.
Tendulkar was honourned with the title early this month after Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard made the announcement during her visit to India last month.
Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden, who is also a former recipient of the title, was, however, upset with the honour as he felt it should be bestowed "exclusive" on his countrymen.
However, Warne disagreed with Hayden and said he was proud that Tendulkar was bestowed with the honour.
"If Hayden criticised ( the decision to award Tendulkar Order of Australia) then I disagree. I think Sachin should have the honour of every country," Warne said.
I think he has done so well, so much for the game of cricket. The way he has conducted himself on and off the field has been first class.
"Whatever country wants to give Sachin stuff, they should give it to him because he deserves it. I was proud of Australia to recognise that and give Sachin that honour. It was fantastic to see. Hopefully, mine is next," he added.
On the retirement issue of Tendulkar, Warne said the veteran batsman should continue playing international cricket as long as he keeps scoring runs.
"Sachin should go on as long as wants. He should play as long as continues to score runs, which he seems to do. He can pay as long as he wants and I hope he plays 5000 (test matches) because I am not bowling anymore," he said.
Warne once again reiterated that his "nightmare" comment which he made 14 years ago was made in a lighter vein.
"My saying I have nightmares about Sachin, that was a joke. I think of other things in my dreams," he added.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Akshay Kumar has apologised to the fan, who was punched by his bodyguard at an event
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of