- Ranbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy outFinally mother-in-law praised openly Mira RajputPriyanka Chopra looks terrifically hot in this love making sceneMistakes in Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsKapil Dev conferred with International Lifetime Achievement Award
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Tendulkar deserves to be honoured by nations: Warne Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:43:18 PM IST Former Australian spinner Shane Warne interacts with the media at an event in Mumbai on Thursday.
Spin legend Shane Warne on Thursday backed his country's decision to confer Sachin Tendulkar with the membership of Order of Australia, saying the Indian batsman deserves to be honoured by every nation.
Tendulkar was honourned with the title early this month after Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard made the announcement during her visit to India last month.
Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden, who is also a former recipient of the title, was, however, upset with the honour as he felt it should be bestowed "exclusive" on his countrymen.
However, Warne disagreed with Hayden and said he was proud that Tendulkar was bestowed with the honour.
"If Hayden criticised ( the decision to award Tendulkar Order of Australia) then I disagree. I think Sachin should have the honour of every country," Warne said.
I think he has done so well, so much for the game of cricket. The way he has conducted himself on and off the field has been first class.
"Whatever country wants to give Sachin stuff, they should give it to him because he deserves it. I was proud of Australia to recognise that and give Sachin that honour. It was fantastic to see. Hopefully, mine is next," he added.
On the retirement issue of Tendulkar, Warne said the veteran batsman should continue playing international cricket as long as he keeps scoring runs.
"Sachin should go on as long as wants. He should play as long as continues to score runs, which he seems to do. He can pay as long as he wants and I hope he plays 5000 (test matches) because I am not bowling anymore," he said.
Warne once again reiterated that his "nightmare" comment which he made 14 years ago was made in a lighter vein.
"My saying I have nightmares about Sachin, that was a joke. I think of other things in my dreams," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Busy with the promotions of her upcoming film "ABCD2", Shraddha Kapoor says she will start
- Ranbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...
- Singer-actress Lady Gaga goes blonde
- SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?
- 'Piku' touches 100 Crore mark
- Aishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani's residence
- Sameera Reddy blessed with a Baby Boy
- Weapon training is always extremely fun: Rana Daggubati
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and