- PICS : RCB humiliate Mumbai IndiansBollywood actors and their bikesPICS : Hot Scenes from 2 StatesPICS: Obesity aggravates bone lossHottest moments of TV serials, view picsPICS : Why we love CircuitPoonam Dhillon to don the director\'s hatHappy Birthday to a Business TycoonPICS : WAGs of IPL 7 cricketersPadmanabha Temple wealth being replaced?
Lewis Hamilton convincingly snared pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix as he put hi
Tendulkar deserves to be honoured by nations: Warne Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:43:18 PM IST Former Australian spinner Shane Warne interacts with the media at an event in Mumbai on Thursday.
Spin legend Shane Warne on Thursday backed his country's decision to confer Sachin Tendulkar with the membership of Order of Australia, saying the Indian batsman deserves to be honoured by every nation.
Tendulkar was honourned with the title early this month after Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard made the announcement during her visit to India last month.
Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden, who is also a former recipient of the title, was, however, upset with the honour as he felt it should be bestowed "exclusive" on his countrymen.
However, Warne disagreed with Hayden and said he was proud that Tendulkar was bestowed with the honour.
"If Hayden criticised ( the decision to award Tendulkar Order of Australia) then I disagree. I think Sachin should have the honour of every country," Warne said.
I think he has done so well, so much for the game of cricket. The way he has conducted himself on and off the field has been first class.
"Whatever country wants to give Sachin stuff, they should give it to him because he deserves it. I was proud of Australia to recognise that and give Sachin that honour. It was fantastic to see. Hopefully, mine is next," he added.
On the retirement issue of Tendulkar, Warne said the veteran batsman should continue playing international cricket as long as he keeps scoring runs.
"Sachin should go on as long as wants. He should play as long as continues to score runs, which he seems to do. He can pay as long as he wants and I hope he plays 5000 (test matches) because I am not bowling anymore," he said.
Warne once again reiterated that his "nightmare" comment which he made 14 years ago was made in a lighter vein.
"My saying I have nightmares about Sachin, that was a joke. I think of other things in my dreams," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ameesha Patel got groped by an individual in a mob that consisted of her fans while she we
- Bollywood actresses who like selfies
- Bollywood actors and their bikes
- Priyanka Chopra exhausted after completing Mary Kom Biopic
- PICS : Hot Scenes from 2 States
- Hottest moments of TV serials, view pics
- PICS : Why we love Circuit
- Poonam Dhillon to don the director's hat
- 'Kaanchi' is a dream come true, says Mishti
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.