- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called off
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Australia vs South Africa; Live Cricket Score, 1st Test, Day 4 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 10:59:55 AM IST Ed Cowan
Ed Cowan and Michael Clarke have lifted Australia to the higher ground of 4 for 306 at tea on the fourth day of first test match against South Africa in Brisbane on Monday.
Clarke was at the crease with opener Ed Cowan, who lost his wicket nearing tea via a run out by Dale Steyn. He scored 136 (257b, 4X17).
Skipper Michael Clarke and Ed Cowan batted through the morning session to defy South Africa's bowlers and steer Australia out of trouble.
At lunch, Australia were 214 for three with opener Cowan nearing his first Test century on 98 and Clarke on 78.
Click here for Scorecard
They had put on 174 runs for the fourth wicket after coming together late on Sunday with the home side tottering at 40-3 inside the 10th over.
Cowan moved past his highest Test score of 74 against India in Perth in January, seeking to consolidate his hold on an Australian opening berth.
Cowan had a couple of heart-flutters facing express bowler Dale Steyn but resolutely held his ground as the rock of the partnership with Clarke.
Early in the morning session Cowan tried to avoid playing Steyn only to get an inside edge which narrowly missed his stumps and went for four behind the wicketkeeper.
Clarke also had a scare when he fended off a Steyn lifter on 65 and the bowler narrowly failed to take a return catch on his follow-through.
Skipper Graeme Smith, without the services of incapacitated JP Duminy, brought himself into the attack with his off-spin to add variety to the five-prong pace attack.
Duminy, who can bowl spin, ruptured his Achilles tendon while warming down after Friday's first day's play and will be out for six months.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
National Award-winning actress Kangana Ranaut says she felt shattered when a few of her im
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major