- First Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking coupleWhy Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?Ajay feels Drishyam cannot do 150 crore businessSonam Kapoor has 7 million Twitter followersFreida Pinto to be a guest star on \'The Mindy Project\'Radhika Apte - The lucky girlSalman\'s tweets on Yakub Menon were misinterpreted: PulkitWhat inspires Milind to make his 50th birthday remarkable?Is Kim Kardashian faking her baby bump?Unknown facts about Sanjay Dutt
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
Australia vs South Africa; Live Cricket Score, 1st Test, Day 4 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 10:59:55 AM IST Ed Cowan
Ed Cowan and Michael Clarke have lifted Australia to the higher ground of 4 for 306 at tea on the fourth day of first test match against South Africa in Brisbane on Monday.
Clarke was at the crease with opener Ed Cowan, who lost his wicket nearing tea via a run out by Dale Steyn. He scored 136 (257b, 4X17).
Skipper Michael Clarke and Ed Cowan batted through the morning session to defy South Africa's bowlers and steer Australia out of trouble.
At lunch, Australia were 214 for three with opener Cowan nearing his first Test century on 98 and Clarke on 78.
Click here for Scorecard
They had put on 174 runs for the fourth wicket after coming together late on Sunday with the home side tottering at 40-3 inside the 10th over.
Cowan moved past his highest Test score of 74 against India in Perth in January, seeking to consolidate his hold on an Australian opening berth.
Cowan had a couple of heart-flutters facing express bowler Dale Steyn but resolutely held his ground as the rock of the partnership with Clarke.
Early in the morning session Cowan tried to avoid playing Steyn only to get an inside edge which narrowly missed his stumps and went for four behind the wicketkeeper.
Clarke also had a scare when he fended off a Steyn lifter on 65 and the bowler narrowly failed to take a return catch on his follow-through.
Skipper Graeme Smith, without the services of incapacitated JP Duminy, brought himself into the attack with his off-spin to add variety to the five-prong pace attack.
Duminy, who can bowl spin, ruptured his Achilles tendon while warming down after Friday's first day's play and will be out for six months.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor may no more be a real couple but they really rock on-sc
- Jackman shares teaser image of Wolverine film
- Why Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?
- Case against Salman for defending Yakub
- See how Taj Mahal destoryed in 'Pixel' movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition' to open Toronto Film Festival
- Salman Khan regrets not meeting APJ Abdul Kalam
- Ajay feels Drishyam cannot do 150 crore business
- Sonam Kapoor has 7 million Twitter followers
An American family has found more than USD 1 million worth of gold artefacts, including 52
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that