- Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two monthsSRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Australia vs South Africa; Live Cricket Score, 1st Test, Day 4 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 10:59:55 AM IST Ed Cowan
Ed Cowan and Michael Clarke have lifted Australia to the higher ground of 4 for 306 at tea on the fourth day of first test match against South Africa in Brisbane on Monday.
Clarke was at the crease with opener Ed Cowan, who lost his wicket nearing tea via a run out by Dale Steyn. He scored 136 (257b, 4X17).
Skipper Michael Clarke and Ed Cowan batted through the morning session to defy South Africa's bowlers and steer Australia out of trouble.
At lunch, Australia were 214 for three with opener Cowan nearing his first Test century on 98 and Clarke on 78.
Click here for Scorecard
They had put on 174 runs for the fourth wicket after coming together late on Sunday with the home side tottering at 40-3 inside the 10th over.
Cowan moved past his highest Test score of 74 against India in Perth in January, seeking to consolidate his hold on an Australian opening berth.
Cowan had a couple of heart-flutters facing express bowler Dale Steyn but resolutely held his ground as the rock of the partnership with Clarke.
Early in the morning session Cowan tried to avoid playing Steyn only to get an inside edge which narrowly missed his stumps and went for four behind the wicketkeeper.
Clarke also had a scare when he fended off a Steyn lifter on 65 and the bowler narrowly failed to take a return catch on his follow-through.
Skipper Graeme Smith, without the services of incapacitated JP Duminy, brought himself into the attack with his off-spin to add variety to the five-prong pace attack.
Duminy, who can bowl spin, ruptured his Achilles tendon while warming down after Friday's first day's play and will be out for six months.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The first look of Amitabh Bachchan in Soojit Sircar's film 'Piku' is out.
- Shraddha Kapoor graces Femina cover
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
- Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in Kanpur
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
- Sonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!
- Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfie
- Deepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman Khan
- Why Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.