- What Katrina Kaif eatsSmriti Irani, from sweeper at McDonald to union ministerTaylor Swifts strips clothesJacqueline Fernandez\'s stylish looks in RoyGauri, Sussanne, Twinkle freak out togetherKiss me not, my dear!I feel comfortable in saree: PaoliBollywood’s couples in live-in-relationship, view picsNigaar Khan quits \'Bigg Boss 8\'Salman Khan’s rivals turned-friends
Despite being the table toppers with 19 points from 10 games, Chennayin FC player-cum-man
Sachin Tendulkar shares gastronomic experience Last Updated : 02 Nov 2012 04:25:24 PM IST File photo of Indian cricket team senior player Sachin Tendulkar.
Sachin Tendulkar took a trip down memory lane and for a change, it was not cricket that he talked about.
The veteran batsman, instead, spoke of his gastronomic experiences while travelling with the team all over the country and the world in his over two-decade career.
And the interesting trivia included how he skipped lunch and polished off a large bowl of ice-cream before facing the pace attack from Pakistani trio of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar at the high voltage match between arch-rivals India and Pakistan in 2003 World Cup.
India had won the match by six wickets and Tendulkar, who had some cramps while batting, was adjudged man of the match for the game after his knock of 98 runs from 75 balls.
Revealing his fascination for good food, the veteran batsman shared his 'delicious' tour memories at a cook book launch event here last night.
"At lunch time I only had ice-cream. I didn't have anything else. I had my headphones on, and didn't want to listen to anyone. I knew what was wanted at that particular moment. All I did was grab a huge bowl of ice-cream and finished it. I had told when the umpires walk out please let me know. The umpires walked out and I removed my headphones and walked out to bat. In the meanwhile the ice-cream was delicious," he said.
He said the team had street food in South Africa to celebrate the victory.
"Immediately after the match, we decided wherever we go this evening, we have to be together. It was a big day and we needed to celebrate together. So we went and had street food together. We enjoyed ourselves. That match was one of the most important games of that tournament.
"People had told me a year before the match, that come what may, you need to win this match. So after that, the whole team decided wherever we go, whatever we do we will be together. This was one of those big nights where every little thing we remember and we cherish those moments because it doesn't happen again," he said.
The senior cricketer further said he gorged on Pakistani food and had piled on a few kilos on his debut tour there.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Social media has discovered a junior Lata Mangeshkar.
- What Katrina Kaif eats
- Nicole Kidman happy to be bad girl
- Taylor Swifts strips clothes
- Jacqueline Fernandez's stylish looks in Roy
- I was the inspiration behind Aamir's role in '3 Idiots': Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- Gauri, Sussanne, Twinkle freak out together
- Mother is behind SRK's successful journey
- Diandra and Gautam's friendship is not genuine: Nigaar
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.