- Stars at Filmfare Glamour and Style AwardsList of Big Ticket movies of 2016I want to dominate globally: PriyankaThe journey of AIDS in last 27 yearsMicrosoft launches Win 10-powered smartphone for Rs 43,699SRK reaches children for road safetyAkshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
Country's number one singles player Yuki Bhambri lost two places to be 93rd while Somdev D
Sachin Tendulkar shares gastronomic experience Last Updated : 02 Nov 2012 04:25:24 PM IST File photo of Indian cricket team senior player Sachin Tendulkar.
Sachin Tendulkar took a trip down memory lane and for a change, it was not cricket that he talked about.
The veteran batsman, instead, spoke of his gastronomic experiences while travelling with the team all over the country and the world in his over two-decade career.
And the interesting trivia included how he skipped lunch and polished off a large bowl of ice-cream before facing the pace attack from Pakistani trio of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar at the high voltage match between arch-rivals India and Pakistan in 2003 World Cup.
India had won the match by six wickets and Tendulkar, who had some cramps while batting, was adjudged man of the match for the game after his knock of 98 runs from 75 balls.
Revealing his fascination for good food, the veteran batsman shared his 'delicious' tour memories at a cook book launch event here last night.
"At lunch time I only had ice-cream. I didn't have anything else. I had my headphones on, and didn't want to listen to anyone. I knew what was wanted at that particular moment. All I did was grab a huge bowl of ice-cream and finished it. I had told when the umpires walk out please let me know. The umpires walked out and I removed my headphones and walked out to bat. In the meanwhile the ice-cream was delicious," he said.
He said the team had street food in South Africa to celebrate the victory.
"Immediately after the match, we decided wherever we go this evening, we have to be together. It was a big day and we needed to celebrate together. So we went and had street food together. We enjoyed ourselves. That match was one of the most important games of that tournament.
"People had told me a year before the match, that come what may, you need to win this match. So after that, the whole team decided wherever we go, whatever we do we will be together. This was one of those big nights where every little thing we remember and we cherish those moments because it doesn't happen again," he said.
The senior cricketer further said he gorged on Pakistani food and had piled on a few kilos on his debut tour there.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet is battling bladder issues after confessing she has adu
- It's a Goa wedding for Sanaya and Mohit
- Salman to launch brother-in-law
- 'I don't drop my pants just like that'
- Video: Govinda slapped a press reporter years back
- Stars at Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards
- List of Big Ticket movies of 2016
- Priyanka Chopra hits 4 million fans on Instagram
- I want to dominate globally: Priyanka
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl