- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
Pune Warriors to retain six foreign players Last Updated : 01 Nov 2012 10:10:27 PM IST File photo of logo of indian premier league (IPL).
Australian captain Michael Clarke and South Africa's Test captain Graeme Smith and hard-hitting New Zealander Jesse Ryder have returned to the auction pool as Pune Warriors decided to retain six foreign players who were there with the franchise during last edition.
While Clarke had a one-year contract and had to return to the auction pool, Smith who doesn't play international T20 anymore wasn't a very viable option for the Warriors. Ryder, who hasn't played any competitive cricket since IPL was also left out.
The media release sent by the IPl committee also proved that speculations in some quarters regarding Mumbai Indians' decision to release Harbhajan Singh and Chennai Super Kings getting rid of their 'Million Dollar Baby' Ravindra Jadeja were baseless. Both are very much there with their respective franchises.
New owners of Hyderabad franchise Sun TV have decided to release Australian all-rounder Dan Christian who fetched a whopping USD 900,000 during the January, 2011 auctions.
According to the initial squads confirmed by the IPL teams for next year, Rajasthan Royals have retained the least number of players (14) and ended up with a salary cap balance of Rs 8,423,261 -- the highest among the nine IPL franchises.
Mumbai Indians, on the other hand, have retained the maximum number of players (27) and has the least available salary cap balance. Contrary to speculations that out-of-form Harbhanjan Singh would be dumped by the franchise, the off-spinner prominently feature in Mumbai's line-up.
Defending champion Kolkata Knight Riders, meanwhile, have retained 22 players, while Kings XI Punjab has retained 19 players and has the second highest salary cap balance (Rs. 7,219,565).
Delhi Daredevils have retained 18 players, including all its seven foreign recruits but dumped Rajasthan batsman Robin Bist as he is considered totally unsuitable for the shortest format.
Jadeja too managed to hold on to his place in the Chennai Super Kings set-up as the franchise has retained 15 players, including six foreign players.
According to statement from the BCCI, a total of 179 players have managed to retain their contracts.
"The Franchises have clearly focussed on performance in the IPL in making their decisions as to which players will form part of their respective core groups for the 2013 season," IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said in the statement.
"Each Franchise has room under the salary cap to be able to sign additional players, either by trading or in the auction or, in the case of uncapped Indian players, by direct agreement with the player in question."
Each franchise has a salary cap of up to USD 12.5m to spend on their 2013 squad of upto 33 players, of whom a maximum of 11 can be from overseas. Only four overseas players can figure in the starting XI for any match.
The trading window will open on November 19 and the same day onwards, the franchises will be able to sign new uncapped Indian players, including the 52 players whose contracts were not extended, the release added.
The franchises also have the option of re-signing the players who they took as temporary replacements in IPL 2012.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with