- Salman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???While kissing in 'A Flying Jat', Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Mira to announce good news soon
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
CLT20: Delhi Daredevils Vs Perth Scorchers Last Updated : 21 Oct 2012 08:24:52 PM IST Perth Scorchers opener Herschelle Gibbs was bowled for 6 runs by Delhi Daredevils' Morne Morkel in Cape Town on Sunday.
Delhi Daredevils defeated Perth Scorchers with the help of Virender Sehwag and Ajit Agarkar by three runs during their Champions League Twenty20, Group 'A' match at Cape Town on Sunday.
Earlier, Delhi Daredevils won the toss and elected to field first against Perth Scorchers during their Champions League Twenty20, Group 'A' match at Cape Town on Sunday.
Chasing a modest target of 122, Daredevils lost wickets at regular intervals.
However, Agarkar who shone with the ball earlier during the day didn't succumb under pressure and clinched a thriller against Scorchers to keep Delhi's semifinal hope alive.
For Delhi, Sehwag scored a 52.
Earlier, Delhi pacers Morne Morkel finished with 3/19 while Agarkar claimed 2/14 to restrict Perth Scorchers to 121/5.
Perth batsmen were seen struggling against the disciplined Delhi attack right from the beginning of the game.
After being invited to bat, Perth lost Herschelle Gibbs in the second over. Morne Morkel bowled out Gibbs (6) who greeted Irfan Pathan with a six in the first over.
Simon Katich and Shaun Marsh, however, steadied the innings with their gritty show.
The duo took the score past 50 mark in the ninth over, raising hope for a challenging target.
However, Ajit Agarkar's double blow sent back both Marsh (39) and Katich (34) in consecutive overs, leaving Perth in turmoil.
Morkel then claimed two quick wickets as Perth found scoring hard against the Delhi attack.
Delhi Daredevils: 1 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Unmukt Chand, 5 Ross Taylor, 6 Irfan Pathan, 7 Naman Ojha (wk), 8 Pawan Negi, 9 Ajit Agarkar, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Umesh Yadav.
Perth Scorchers: 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Simon Katich, 4 Mitchell Marsh, 5 Marcus North (capt), 6 Luke Ronchi (wk), 7 Nathan Rimmington, 8 Joe Mennie, 9 Brad Hogg, 10 Michael Beer, 11 Nathan Coulter-Nile.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shantanu and Nikhil showcased a separate line of menswear and women's wear at the ongoing
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Cara Delevingne goes bottomless to raise awareness about cancer
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an