- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Dutee Chand is sprinting hard and she has her aim set -- the coveted gold medal at the Rio
CLT20: Delhi Daredevils Vs Perth Scorchers Last Updated : 21 Oct 2012 08:24:52 PM IST Perth Scorchers opener Herschelle Gibbs was bowled for 6 runs by Delhi Daredevils' Morne Morkel in Cape Town on Sunday.
Delhi Daredevils defeated Perth Scorchers with the help of Virender Sehwag and Ajit Agarkar by three runs during their Champions League Twenty20, Group 'A' match at Cape Town on Sunday.
Earlier, Delhi Daredevils won the toss and elected to field first against Perth Scorchers during their Champions League Twenty20, Group 'A' match at Cape Town on Sunday.
Chasing a modest target of 122, Daredevils lost wickets at regular intervals.
However, Agarkar who shone with the ball earlier during the day didn't succumb under pressure and clinched a thriller against Scorchers to keep Delhi's semifinal hope alive.
For Delhi, Sehwag scored a 52.
Earlier, Delhi pacers Morne Morkel finished with 3/19 while Agarkar claimed 2/14 to restrict Perth Scorchers to 121/5.
Perth batsmen were seen struggling against the disciplined Delhi attack right from the beginning of the game.
After being invited to bat, Perth lost Herschelle Gibbs in the second over. Morne Morkel bowled out Gibbs (6) who greeted Irfan Pathan with a six in the first over.
Simon Katich and Shaun Marsh, however, steadied the innings with their gritty show.
The duo took the score past 50 mark in the ninth over, raising hope for a challenging target.
However, Ajit Agarkar's double blow sent back both Marsh (39) and Katich (34) in consecutive overs, leaving Perth in turmoil.
Morkel then claimed two quick wickets as Perth found scoring hard against the Delhi attack.
Delhi Daredevils: 1 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Unmukt Chand, 5 Ross Taylor, 6 Irfan Pathan, 7 Naman Ojha (wk), 8 Pawan Negi, 9 Ajit Agarkar, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Umesh Yadav.
Perth Scorchers: 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Simon Katich, 4 Mitchell Marsh, 5 Marcus North (capt), 6 Luke Ronchi (wk), 7 Nathan Rimmington, 8 Joe Mennie, 9 Brad Hogg, 10 Michael Beer, 11 Nathan Coulter-Nile.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kangana Ranaut looked every inch a Mughal empress as she walked for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
- 'Madaari' is a 'must watch', says Kejriwal
- Twinkle slams Naseeruddin for calling father 'poor actor'
- 'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up call
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' sets new box office record on opening day
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i