- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
CLT20: Delhi Daredevils Vs Perth Scorchers Last Updated : 21 Oct 2012 08:24:52 PM IST Perth Scorchers opener Herschelle Gibbs was bowled for 6 runs by Delhi Daredevils' Morne Morkel in Cape Town on Sunday.
Delhi Daredevils defeated Perth Scorchers with the help of Virender Sehwag and Ajit Agarkar by three runs during their Champions League Twenty20, Group 'A' match at Cape Town on Sunday.
Earlier, Delhi Daredevils won the toss and elected to field first against Perth Scorchers during their Champions League Twenty20, Group 'A' match at Cape Town on Sunday.
Chasing a modest target of 122, Daredevils lost wickets at regular intervals.
However, Agarkar who shone with the ball earlier during the day didn't succumb under pressure and clinched a thriller against Scorchers to keep Delhi's semifinal hope alive.
For Delhi, Sehwag scored a 52.
Earlier, Delhi pacers Morne Morkel finished with 3/19 while Agarkar claimed 2/14 to restrict Perth Scorchers to 121/5.
Perth batsmen were seen struggling against the disciplined Delhi attack right from the beginning of the game.
After being invited to bat, Perth lost Herschelle Gibbs in the second over. Morne Morkel bowled out Gibbs (6) who greeted Irfan Pathan with a six in the first over.
Simon Katich and Shaun Marsh, however, steadied the innings with their gritty show.
The duo took the score past 50 mark in the ninth over, raising hope for a challenging target.
However, Ajit Agarkar's double blow sent back both Marsh (39) and Katich (34) in consecutive overs, leaving Perth in turmoil.
Morkel then claimed two quick wickets as Perth found scoring hard against the Delhi attack.
Delhi Daredevils: 1 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Unmukt Chand, 5 Ross Taylor, 6 Irfan Pathan, 7 Naman Ojha (wk), 8 Pawan Negi, 9 Ajit Agarkar, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Umesh Yadav.
Perth Scorchers: 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Simon Katich, 4 Mitchell Marsh, 5 Marcus North (capt), 6 Luke Ronchi (wk), 7 Nathan Rimmington, 8 Joe Mennie, 9 Brad Hogg, 10 Michael Beer, 11 Nathan Coulter-Nile.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country