- Pics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister IsabelIndia-Japan relations enter new eraVideo: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot picsSuperstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethicsNude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leakedPICS: Oldest woman loves chocolates, sleeps for days!Priyanka Chopra can pack a punchMeet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl AkankshaAishwarya without makeup
Real Sociedad produced a stunning fightback from 2-0 down to beat European champions Real
Kohli wins ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year award Last Updated : 15 Sep 2012 08:32:55 PM IST Virat Kohli was adjudged the ODI Cricketer of the Year at the ICC Awards in Colombo.
Kohli won the award for his consistent performance over the last 12 months during which he amassed runs all over the world and against almost all the countries India played.
During the last one year, Kohli played 31 ODIs and scored 1733 runs at an outstanding average of 66.65, including eight hundreds and six half-centuries.
His highest score was 183, against Pakistan in the Asia Cup.
"I think I have tried to keep things as simple as possible and it's worked for me on the field," Kohli said.
"This year has been a learning curve along the way from the seniors in the team. It's been an all-round effort and I'm very happy to have won this award.
"It's always nice to be recognised by the ICC and it's a great feeling and it's the first time I've won one of these awards and it feels great," he added.
In the 50-over format, Kohli has so far scored 3886 runs from 90 matches at an average of 51.81.
In Test cricket, he has scored 703 runs from 10 matches at an average of 41.35. He has two centuries and five fifties, with 116 being his best.
Sangakkara accepted the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy from ICC President Alan Isaac at a glittering ceremony.
"I have to thank all who have supported me, especially my father who always guided me growing up and continues to do so, my wife and children, my teammates and coaches," Sangakkara said.
South Africa batsman Richard Levi won the ICC Twenty20 International Performance of the Year in recognition of his 51-ball 117 not out against New Zealand on February 19.
He beat competition from Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chris Gayle and Ajantha Mendis.
"I don't remember much of the innings but I regularly get reminded of it," he said.
New Zealand's Daniel Vettori won the Spirit of Cricket Award. During New Zealand's first Test against Zimbabwe in November 2011 in Bulwayo, Zimbabwe required 64 runs with five wickets in hand to win the Test. Regis Chakabva played a ball from the New Zealand spinner to mid-on. However, during his follow through Vettori proceeded to get in the way of Malcolm Waller, at the non-striker's end, preventing the Zimbabwean from running.
Vettori immediately held up his hand to the wicketkeeper, Reece Young, to indicate there had been a collision, accidentally which hindered the non-striker. As this happened, Chakabva was too far down the wicket to get back to his crease in time. The bails were whipped off at the striker's end but New Zealand elected not to appeal because of Vettori's admittance to blocking Waller's path.
Up-and-coming West Indies bowler Sunil Narine was named the Emerging Cricketer of the Year.
The 24-year-old off-spinner from Trinidad played in three Tests for the West Indies, claiming 12 wickets at an average 31.50, while in the 15 ODIs he played in he claimed 28 wickets at an average of 18.82. Narine beat off competition from Sri Lanka's Dinesh Chandimal, Doug Bracewell of New Zealand and Australia's James Pattinson.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan has gone out of his way to promote former girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister Isa
- Motion poster of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa revealed
- Video: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014
- Amitabh Bachchan hits 10-million milestone on Twitter
- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot pics
- Superstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethics
- Nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leaked
- Priyanka Chopra can pack a punch
- Meet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl Akanksha
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l