- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
India's tennis stars Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna stormed into the quarter-finals of the
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Like all young lovers, actors Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh were eager to spend time
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- WATCH: AIB's Lata-Sachin video sparks outrage
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T