- Will Radhe Maa enter Bigg Boss 9?These figures support Kangana's frustrationsShah Rukh wraps \'Dilwale\' shooting in IcelandKangana Ranaut to play an actress in \'Rangoon\'Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion WeekKaran Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid KapoorFamous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch it
Russian third seed Maria Sharapova withdrew from the US Open with a right leg injury, easi
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The latest reports are that controversial godwoman Radhe Maa has been approached for 'Bigg
- Video: Hrithik, Sonam reprise 'Dheere Dheere Se'
- These figures support Kangana's frustrations
- Why Salman cuts off lip lock shot in 'Hero'
- Aadesh Shrivastava diagnosed with cancer; critical
- Shah Rukh wraps 'Dilwale' shooting in Iceland
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked
- Kangana Ranaut to play an actress in 'Rangoon'
- Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion Week
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.