- HC relief for Deepika PadukoneRape accused lynched in DimapurWatch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest Indian
Jeev Milkha Singh's erratic driving saw him struggle in the opening round of the Africa Op
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an interim order, the Bombay High Court has restrained the city police from arresting o
- Listen romantic Holi songs
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o