- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Lisa Haydon has announced that she is soon getting married.
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
- Birthday special: Famous sayings by Yash Chopra
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni...': Neeraj Pandey
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forget
- Being a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
With a focus on tech-savvy consumers who need compact machines with on-the-go printing f