- India\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman KhanOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket LeagueWatch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
Top seeds Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal raced through their Swiss Indoors assignments, s
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bhajan King Anup Jalota finds Tagore and Nazrul songs one of the sweetest in the world.
- Lady Gaga's 8,000 pounds Manchester shopping spree
- Jennifer Lopez buys USD 22m house
- Best friends Salman Khan, Aamir Khan will be seen together once again
- Why did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?
- Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tape
- Top most Sexy South Sirens
- In pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country