- Want my fan base to increase in South: HumaSee what Bips made Karan do post weddingAndamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekend
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
ctor Randeep Hooda, who will be essaying the role of Sarabjiit in the Omung Kumar director
- Want my fan base to increase in South: Huma
- See what Bips made Karan do post wedding
- FIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio joins advisory board of Ecuador
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Anupam Kher double-charged in 'Kaanu', says director
- I haven't done anything wrong: Pratyusha's boyfriend
- Manoj Bajpayee to host
There are nearly one trillion species on the Earth while 99.999 percent of species still r
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind