- Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in IndiaPriyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood filmTen unknown facts about SushantCold wave continues in J&KDonald Trump, Melania perform first danceKareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finaleCan't work with people who don't love me: SRKMaruti Suzuki Ignis Surpasses 10,000 Bookings Within 20 DaysSara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?Know who's who in the new US First Family
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan will be Bollywood's first Khan to travel to Delhi from Mumbai for
- Pics: Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in India
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday