- Unknown facts about JayalaithaPM Modi beats Obama, Trumph, Hillary, ZukurbergNeed patient director: SRK on SalmanPink bags four awards at 23rd Star Screen Awards 2016Dear Zindagi crosses Rs 50 crore markPooja to revive dry ATMsHomestays, ropeway to change the face of Manipur tourismPics: Sonam, Aditya dazzle on Blenders Pride Fashion Tour runwayYuvraj-Hazel's Goa wedding and reception picsKahaani 2: Will break your heart, grip your senses
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
Floods hit Brazil World Cup city Natal before US game due to heavy rains Last Updated : 16 Jun 2014 12:29:00 PM IST File Photo : Wet in Natal. As you can see from the picture, it has been very wet in the northern Brazilian city of Natal for the last few days
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana.
Two days of near non-stop rain have dumped a month's worth of precipitation on the World Cup city of Natal, leading to a flood alert and raising worries that the deluge could affect the US team's debut match against Ghana. No deaths or injuries have been reported in the rains, which began on Friday and abated only dumping in 50 hours as much rain as is usually seen in the northeastern Brazilian city during the entire month of June. With more rains forecast for the next five days, some people worried that the weather could affect the US-Ghana match .
Natal's City Hall declared a flood alert and evacuated dozens of residents as a precaution in the Mae Luiza neighborhood in the city's west. News reports showed images of residents wading through knee-deep waters as others pushed cars submerged up to the door handles. Additional reports showed a huge crater cutting across a street in a residential neighbourhood.
Floods can often be deadly in Brazil, where intense rains, chaotic urban planning and garbage-filled drainage pipes sometimes result in landslides that bury entire neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods, often built up steep hillsides, tend to be hit worst by such flooding.
The southern Brazilian regions of Parana and Mato Grosso do Sul have also been hit by recent floods.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A Bihar-based filmmaker has made a full-length feature film on Prime Minister Narendra Mo
- Be my guest: Shah Rukh Khan invites fans to Dubai
- Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- 'OK Jaanu' first poster released
- Movie review: 'Befikre': A cliched entertainer
- Shah Rukh to sport three looks in 'Raees'
- Rani shares a pic of Adira on first birthday
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit