- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
India outplayed Pakistan 3-1 to set up a title showdown with hosts Bangladesh in the Under
Indian tennis star Mahesh Bhupathi to quit next year Last Updated : 08 Oct 2013 01:40:26 PM IST File Photo : Indian tennis doubles ace Mahesh Bhupathi says he now plans to quit competitive tennis next summer
winner of 12 Grand Slam crowns, is going through the motions on the Tour.
Former doubles world No. 1 Mahesh Bhupathi has logged in successive first-round losses - in New York, Bangkok and Beijing - in his last three starts, raising questions why the 39-year-old, winner of 12 Grand Slam crowns, is going through the motions on the Tour.
"I'm winding down," Bhupathi said. "I'm playing the weeks I can play, going to the tournaments I want to go to before I call it a day next summer. I might still play a tournament or two this year and then a handful next year. "I haven't yet decided which events and with whom I'll be playing."
Bhupathi, tennis' newest super agent, who besides managing Wimbledon champion Brit Andy Murray's business interests is also putting the finishing touches to his star-studded International Premier Tennis League, scheduled for next November 2014 .
Among those who will feature in the tournament include Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Murray besides Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova. Bhupathi, however, has failed to make the cut for the season-ending championships, the ATP World Tour Finals in London next month, an event in which he has made five finals, including last year with Bopanna.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor-producer John Abraham says he loves action as a genre, but doesn't want to do a dest
- Love is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Live action version of 'The Lion King' in the works
- I'm not a believer in cosmetic treatments: Sonam Kapoor
- Producing films a tough job, says Sonu Sood
- Everybody deserves to know Dhoni's inspiring story: Bhumika
- Who is Salman Khan's duplicate?
- Arjun Kapoor's 'DDLJ' moment on 'Half Girlfriend' set
- Jolie found images of Gomez, other women on Pitt's phone
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Taiwan-based company HTC Corporation on Thursday launched a new smartphone "HTC Desire 1