- Karan Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid KapoorFamous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, Sooraj
Congress President Sonia Gandhi congratulated Sania Mirza for receiving the Rajiv Gandhi K
HC expresses displeasure over refusal of visa to Prajakta Sawant Last Updated : 05 Mar 2013 06:29:41 PM IST File Photo
Expressing displeasure over the refusal of visa to badminton player Prajakta Sawant for her trip to London to participate in the All England Open Championship, the Bombay High Court on Tuesday said the Union Government could have helped the shuttler if it wanted.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice A V Mohta was hearing a petition filed by 19-year-old Sawant, who had alleged mental harassment by chief national coach Pullela Gopichand after she was refused entry to the All India National Coaching Camp in Hyderabad.
Sawant also alleged that Gopichand, being the chief national coach and a member of the selection committee of the Badminton Association of India (BAI), promoted players from his own private academy Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy.
Last week, Sawant's lawyer Piyush Shah informed the court that she has been refused visa by the UK Embassy for her trip to participate in the All England Open Championship commencing March 5.
The court had then asked the union government and Union Sports ministry to help Sawant in getting visa by taking up her case with the UK Embassy.
The court was today informed that Sawant could not procure a visa and hence could not go to London.
"This is really unfortunate. If the Union Government wanted, it could have seen to it that she got her visa," the bench said.
The court has now directed Sawant's lawyer to submit a list of other tournaments she would like to take part in.
The matter has been posted for hearing next week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut is looking forward to Vishal Bhardwaj's 1940-set drama "Rangoon" that will
- Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion Week
- Pawandeep Rajan wins 'The Voice India'
- Karan Johar to start filming 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' in London
- I am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar Alia
- Did 'Shaandar' because concept was fresh: Shahid Kapoor
- Famous Bollywood star siblings
- SRK offers help to Karan Johar
- Add Bollywood flavour to Raksha Bandhan
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.