- Salman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???While kissing in 'A Flying Jat', Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Mira to announce good news soon
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
HC expresses displeasure over refusal of visa to Prajakta Sawant Last Updated : 05 Mar 2013 06:29:41 PM IST File Photo
Expressing displeasure over the refusal of visa to badminton player Prajakta Sawant for her trip to London to participate in the All England Open Championship, the Bombay High Court on Tuesday said the Union Government could have helped the shuttler if it wanted.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice A V Mohta was hearing a petition filed by 19-year-old Sawant, who had alleged mental harassment by chief national coach Pullela Gopichand after she was refused entry to the All India National Coaching Camp in Hyderabad.
Sawant also alleged that Gopichand, being the chief national coach and a member of the selection committee of the Badminton Association of India (BAI), promoted players from his own private academy Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy.
Last week, Sawant's lawyer Piyush Shah informed the court that she has been refused visa by the UK Embassy for her trip to participate in the All England Open Championship commencing March 5.
The court had then asked the union government and Union Sports ministry to help Sawant in getting visa by taking up her case with the UK Embassy.
The court was today informed that Sawant could not procure a visa and hence could not go to London.
"This is really unfortunate. If the Union Government wanted, it could have seen to it that she got her visa," the bench said.
The court has now directed Sawant's lawyer to submit a list of other tournaments she would like to take part in.
The matter has been posted for hearing next week.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne ditched her underwear to pose for the cover of Sunday
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank
- Don't have aptitude to join politics: Sonakshi
- Emma Roberts back with former fiance?
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an