- 61st National film awardsKKR begin IPL 7 campaign with a win, view picsKate Upton won't go in for breast reductionWhat happened to the Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal?Virat\'s ways can make Anushka a jealous girlfriendVJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaSanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clipAll set for fifth phase of pollsSee what Poonam Pandey lovesHrithik danced for 12-hours at strech
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji in HWL Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 08:59:18 PM IST Indian players celebrate after scoring 3rd goal against Fiji during their FIH Hockey World League Round 2 (women) match at National stadium in New Delhi on Thursday. Fiji's captain Melba Nautu (L) is also seen.
Unlike their last match against Malaysia, the Indians looked more organised and purposeful today at the floodlit Major Dhyan Chand Stadium.
Roselin Dung Dung (15th minute, 45th), Rani Rampal (22nd, 61st) and Jaspreet Kaur (59th, 69th) scored two goals apiece, while Soundarya Yendala (7th), Namita Toppo (11th), Navjot Kaur (38th) and Chanchan Devi (66th) sounded the board once each for the 12th ranked Indians.
As the rankings suggest, the 59th ranked Fiji girls turned out to be a complete mismatch for the home team that took control of the proceedings from the word go, and enjoyed it throughout the entire duration of 70 minutes.
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji 10-0 in Hero Hockey World League:
Such was India's domination that they pumped in as many as four goals in the first 22 minutes as the Fijians found it difficult to stop the home team's continuous onslaught.
After the change of ends, India scored six more goals, four of which came in the last 11 minutes of the game, to register a convincing victory.
The Indians displayed coordinated and structured hockey as they managed to score as many as six goals through field efforts, while the remaining three strikes came of penalty corners and one of the penalty stroke was converted by Jaspreet in the 59th minute.
The Indian eves had defeated Kazakhstan 8-0 and Malaysia 3-0 in their first two games.
By virtue of three straight wins, India lead the standings with nine points, a point above higher-ranked Japan, who are placed second.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Jackie Shroff’s son Tiger Shroff and Kriti Sanon are making their Bollywood debut with d
- Ranbir happy that 'Bombay Velvet' does not clash with any film
- Success party of 'Bhoothnath Returns'
- Rannvijay ties knot with Prianka, view pics
- Pics: Deleted sex scenes from movie Ragini MMS2
- In pics, Nandana Sen hot photoshoot
- Ranbir, Anushka enjoying Bombay Velvet Bash
- Virat Kohli picks Anushka Sharma as his bride
- Leaked: Deleted sex scenes from movie Ragini MMS2
Siberian Tiger is the largest living felid or cat species ever exist on the earth, it is d
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.