- Aamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bashTen hot scenes of 2014Stars at Dino Morea's bashWill Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'Cold continues in north IndiaApp for Surajkund Mela soonWhat is Shahid Kapoor hiding?Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view picsPK is a wonderful piece of cinema
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji in HWL Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 08:59:18 PM IST Indian players celebrate after scoring 3rd goal against Fiji during their FIH Hockey World League Round 2 (women) match at National stadium in New Delhi on Thursday. Fiji's captain Melba Nautu (L) is also seen.
Unlike their last match against Malaysia, the Indians looked more organised and purposeful today at the floodlit Major Dhyan Chand Stadium.
Roselin Dung Dung (15th minute, 45th), Rani Rampal (22nd, 61st) and Jaspreet Kaur (59th, 69th) scored two goals apiece, while Soundarya Yendala (7th), Namita Toppo (11th), Navjot Kaur (38th) and Chanchan Devi (66th) sounded the board once each for the 12th ranked Indians.
As the rankings suggest, the 59th ranked Fiji girls turned out to be a complete mismatch for the home team that took control of the proceedings from the word go, and enjoyed it throughout the entire duration of 70 minutes.
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji 10-0 in Hero Hockey World League:
Such was India's domination that they pumped in as many as four goals in the first 22 minutes as the Fijians found it difficult to stop the home team's continuous onslaught.
After the change of ends, India scored six more goals, four of which came in the last 11 minutes of the game, to register a convincing victory.
The Indians displayed coordinated and structured hockey as they managed to score as many as six goals through field efforts, while the remaining three strikes came of penalty corners and one of the penalty stroke was converted by Jaspreet in the 59th minute.
The Indian eves had defeated Kazakhstan 8-0 and Malaysia 3-0 in their first two games.
By virtue of three straight wins, India lead the standings with nine points, a point above higher-ranked Japan, who are placed second.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
To make the name of his Hindi film more attractive, Bollywood Director Dibakar Banerjee ha
- 'Dolly Ki...' will take Sonam's career to new heights: Arbaaz
- Aamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir's PK success bash
- First motion poster of 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshi'
- Ten hot scenes of 2014
- Stars at Dino Morea's bash
- Will Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?
- Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'
- What is Shahid Kapoor hiding?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer