- Unknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from Rangoon
T. Gopi and Monika Athare won the second edition of IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji in HWL Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 08:59:18 PM IST Indian players celebrate after scoring 3rd goal against Fiji during their FIH Hockey World League Round 2 (women) match at National stadium in New Delhi on Thursday. Fiji's captain Melba Nautu (L) is also seen.
Unlike their last match against Malaysia, the Indians looked more organised and purposeful today at the floodlit Major Dhyan Chand Stadium.
Roselin Dung Dung (15th minute, 45th), Rani Rampal (22nd, 61st) and Jaspreet Kaur (59th, 69th) scored two goals apiece, while Soundarya Yendala (7th), Namita Toppo (11th), Navjot Kaur (38th) and Chanchan Devi (66th) sounded the board once each for the 12th ranked Indians.
As the rankings suggest, the 59th ranked Fiji girls turned out to be a complete mismatch for the home team that took control of the proceedings from the word go, and enjoyed it throughout the entire duration of 70 minutes.
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji 10-0 in Hero Hockey World League:
Such was India's domination that they pumped in as many as four goals in the first 22 minutes as the Fijians found it difficult to stop the home team's continuous onslaught.
After the change of ends, India scored six more goals, four of which came in the last 11 minutes of the game, to register a convincing victory.
The Indians displayed coordinated and structured hockey as they managed to score as many as six goals through field efforts, while the remaining three strikes came of penalty corners and one of the penalty stroke was converted by Jaspreet in the 59th minute.
The Indian eves had defeated Kazakhstan 8-0 and Malaysia 3-0 in their first two games.
By virtue of three straight wins, India lead the standings with nine points, a point above higher-ranked Japan, who are placed second.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Taapsee Pannu says watching her 2016 film "Pink" with President Pranab Mukherjee h
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
- Plastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha Takia
- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana Ranaut
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro