- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka ChopraPeople stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji in HWL Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 08:59:18 PM IST Indian players celebrate after scoring 3rd goal against Fiji during their FIH Hockey World League Round 2 (women) match at National stadium in New Delhi on Thursday. Fiji's captain Melba Nautu (L) is also seen.
Unlike their last match against Malaysia, the Indians looked more organised and purposeful today at the floodlit Major Dhyan Chand Stadium.
Roselin Dung Dung (15th minute, 45th), Rani Rampal (22nd, 61st) and Jaspreet Kaur (59th, 69th) scored two goals apiece, while Soundarya Yendala (7th), Namita Toppo (11th), Navjot Kaur (38th) and Chanchan Devi (66th) sounded the board once each for the 12th ranked Indians.
As the rankings suggest, the 59th ranked Fiji girls turned out to be a complete mismatch for the home team that took control of the proceedings from the word go, and enjoyed it throughout the entire duration of 70 minutes.
Indian eves demolish lowly Fiji 10-0 in Hero Hockey World League:
Such was India's domination that they pumped in as many as four goals in the first 22 minutes as the Fijians found it difficult to stop the home team's continuous onslaught.
After the change of ends, India scored six more goals, four of which came in the last 11 minutes of the game, to register a convincing victory.
The Indians displayed coordinated and structured hockey as they managed to score as many as six goals through field efforts, while the remaining three strikes came of penalty corners and one of the penalty stroke was converted by Jaspreet in the 59th minute.
The Indian eves had defeated Kazakhstan 8-0 and Malaysia 3-0 in their first two games.
By virtue of three straight wins, India lead the standings with nine points, a point above higher-ranked Japan, who are placed second.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an