- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called off
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
South Africa Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend dead Last Updated : 14 Feb 2013 03:43:14 PM IST File Photo
According to the Beeld newspaper, the athlete known as the "Blade Runner" was arrested early on Thursday morning following the shooting at his home in an upscale area near the South African capital.
Police spokesman Katlego Mogale said a "26-year-old man had been taken into custody for shooting a 30-year-old woman".
Mogale could not confirm if the suspect was Pistorius, saying his identity would be revealed only once he appears in court later on Thursday.
"The deceased was shot four times and died on the scene. It is believed that she was the girlfriend of the accused," said Mogale.
The shooting took place in a house inside an upmarket security compound in Silverlakes, outside Pretoria, he said. Pistorius lives in the compound.
The "Blade Runner" made history in 2012 when he became the first amputee to compete in the Olympics.
He won gold in the 4x400m relay at the Paralympic Games.
He had both legs amputated below the knee before the age of one, because of a congenital condition, and runs on carbon fibre blades.
Last year Time Magazine named him as one of the world's 100 most influential people.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
National Award-winning actress Kangana Ranaut says she felt shattered when a few of her im
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major