- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
The Rio Olympic Games should be postponed or moved "in the name of public health" over the
India lose 3-4 to Australia, out of Lanco series final Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 08:20:22 PM IST File Photo
India failed to qualify for the final of the the Lanco International Super Series hockey tournament after losing 3-4 to Australia in a hard-fought encounter here in Perth on Friday.
The defeat against Australia was India's second straight loss in the tournament after going down 1-2 to England in their tournament opener on Thursday.
India opened the scoring through skipper Sardar Singh, but their lead was short-lived as Boyne equalised for Australia within seconds.
India matched their rivals in all departments of the game in the opening half with goalkeeper P R Sreejesh putting up a splendid show under the bar.
However, just a minute before the break Australia surged ahead through Boyne's second goal of the day before Danish Mujtaba drew parity for India just at the stroke of half time.
The Kookaburras came out strongly after the lemon break and wasted no time in restoring their lead through Whitton's goal.
The match witnessed a see-saw battle between the two sides as India once again levelled the scores through a superb left-hand flick by Gurvinder Singh Chandi.
Australia could have surged ahead soon if not for a brilliant Indian custodian Sreejesh, who saved a one-to-one penalty shoot-out.
However, Australia had the last laugh as Trent Mitton scored from nowhere from the right flank five minutes before the hooter to ensure the home team's second straight win.
India next play arch-rivals Pakistan tomorrow in an inconsequential round-robin match of the improvised nine-a-side format of the game, better known as Hockey 9s at the Perth Hockey Stadium in Bentley.
The two Asian sides will again lock horns on Sunday in the third-fourth place play-off match after Pakistan lost their second match in the tournament, a 2-4 defeat at the hands of England.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Fardeen Khan, who was recently trolled by many on social media platforms for his wei
- Johny who? asks Harman Baweja
- Irrfan Khan, Big B's clash at box office averted
- 'Banjo' musical poster is a hit
- 'Sultan' composer Vishal Dadlani stays away from Salman-Arijit controversy
- 'Mohenjo Daro' will be one of my best films: Hrithik
- Is Navya Naveli in love?
- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojis
- Review; 'The Angry Birds Movie'
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T