- Bollywood beauties at award functionList of controversies surrounding Salman KhanAnushka brings stability in my life: Virat Kohli43 dinosaur egg fossils unearthed in ChinaSee Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken stateVarun Dhawan night out with Natasha DalalKapil Sharma to become a fatherList of top ten sexy Bollywood item girlsPics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-AbhishekWallpapers related to Akshaya Tritiya
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Rivalries are good for sport: Maria Sharapova Last Updated : 11 Nov 2012 07:28:49 PM IST Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova during a promotional event for a real estate company, in New Delhi on Sunday.
She has an unenvious head-to-head record against Serena Williams but tennis' glam girl Maria Sharapova says rivalries not only light up the sport but also extract the best out of an athlete.
Of the 11 clashes she had with the American great, Maria lost a staggering nine matches, including twice at the Australian open and once at Wimbledon and most recently at the London Olympics finals.
"She is an incredible player and has achieved so much of success in her career. It is great to have rivalries in the sport. You are always working hard to do better than your competitor," said Sharapova.
The Russian is among one of the few athletes, who have repeated their success story after going into injury-forced hibernation.
The 25-year old made a great comeback this season as she went on to win the French Open to complete her career Slam and for the world No. 2, the win at the Roland Garros is one of most cherished ones.
"It is tough to differentiate. All my victories have come at a different time of my career," she said when asked which of the four Grand Slam victories she enjoyed the most.
"But the French Open this year will always remain close to my heart. I came into the tournament after a long injury lay-off. For the first time I realised how hard it was to get to the winning position and winning it," Sharapova added.
About her close encounters with Victoria Azarenka this season, the 25-year-old reiterated that it was important to have some tough competitions.
"As I told earlier, it is important to have rivalries in the sport. She is a tough opponent and I would look to do my best against her in the future," she said on the sidelines of a Steadfast promotional event.
When asked about her lone duel with Indian tennis ace, Sania Mirza way back in 2005, the six foot two inch tall said: "Long time... She was very competitive."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an Award Function recently Bollywood divas and stars were looking their best.
- List of controversies surrounding Salman Khan
- See Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken state
- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
- Kapil Sharma to become a father
- Bollywood celebs mourn Ankit Keshri's death
- List of top ten sexy Bollywood item girls
- Priyanka, Deepika to dance together
- Sanjay-Karan played imp role in Aish-Abhi's marriage!
A total of 43 dinosaur egg fossils has been found at a construction site in south China's
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!