- Katrina caught with Aditya at Janpath MarketShilpa Shetty to flaunt yoga movesKatrina happy to be going strongRose Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika-Diesel will make Ranveer jealousAll you want to know about Shahid's Valentine's Day planAbhishek celebrates birthday on cruiseRandeep's shocking malnourished look in 'Sarabjit'When Sunny went topless!Hot and spicy Day at Auto Expo 2016
The Indian national football team has gained a place to be 162nd in the latest rankings re
Super-fast elite fields for Delhi Half Marathon Last Updated : 27 Sep 2012 07:43:17 PM IST File photo related to Delhi Half Marathon.
A super-fast men's international elite field, with 12 athletes having sub-60 minute personal bests, is set to vie for top honours in an intense competition in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon here on Sunday, with the existing course record in danger of being obliterated.
The organisers of the ADHM today announced the men's and women's field for the event at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium with some of the top international stars present.
Defending champion Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia and Ezekiel Chebii, who recently clocked 51.05 while winning at Lille and is ranked third in the world, expressed their readiness to have a go at the course record of 59.15, which stands in the name of Deriba Merga.
With the temperature expected to drop in the coming days, the athletes did not seem too worried about the weather, given that the men's race is slated to start at 6.30 am.
"I hope that the weather remains cool on Sunday, then I will be able to break my previous mark and attempt the course record, said Lelisa Desisa, who clocked 59.30 minutes last year," he said.
Desisa will have to contend with an in-form and confident Ezekiel Chebii, who recently made the athletics world take notice of him with a blistering run of 59.05 while winning at Lille on September 1.
"I am competing with these Ethiopians for the first time. They are very tough competitors and will run a strong race. Since this is my first visit to India, I want to do well in this race and am confident and in good shape," said Chebii.
The other Ethiopian Chebii was referring to was Atsedu Tsegay, who clocked this year's fastest time of 58.34 while winning at Prague. Tsegay too is expected to run a very fast race, with an eye not only on the course record, but on the world record held by Eritrean Zersenay Tadese.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Katrina Kaif caught with Aditya Roy Kapoor at Janpath Market in New Delhi.
- Katrina Kaif spending V-day with Ranbir Kapoor?
- Michael Moore in ICU with pneumonia
- Katrina happy to be going strong
- Shan Johnson found dead in her flat
- Theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- Deepika-Diesel will make Ranveer jealous
- OMG! Aamir Khan loses Snapdeal contract
- I am not in awe of Kareena: Arjun Kapoor
A selfie posted by a US teenager last month on micro-blogging site Twitter boggled minds a
Taiwanese manufacturer HTC on Friday launched a new 4G-enabled smartphone, called the Desi