- Nissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman KhanOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
Top seeds Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal raced through their Swiss Indoors assignments, s
Super-fast elite fields for Delhi Half Marathon Last Updated : 27 Sep 2012 07:43:17 PM IST File photo related to Delhi Half Marathon.
A super-fast men's international elite field, with 12 athletes having sub-60 minute personal bests, is set to vie for top honours in an intense competition in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon here on Sunday, with the existing course record in danger of being obliterated.
The organisers of the ADHM today announced the men's and women's field for the event at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium with some of the top international stars present.
Defending champion Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia and Ezekiel Chebii, who recently clocked 51.05 while winning at Lille and is ranked third in the world, expressed their readiness to have a go at the course record of 59.15, which stands in the name of Deriba Merga.
With the temperature expected to drop in the coming days, the athletes did not seem too worried about the weather, given that the men's race is slated to start at 6.30 am.
"I hope that the weather remains cool on Sunday, then I will be able to break my previous mark and attempt the course record, said Lelisa Desisa, who clocked 59.30 minutes last year," he said.
Desisa will have to contend with an in-form and confident Ezekiel Chebii, who recently made the athletics world take notice of him with a blistering run of 59.05 while winning at Lille on September 1.
"I am competing with these Ethiopians for the first time. They are very tough competitors and will run a strong race. Since this is my first visit to India, I want to do well in this race and am confident and in good shape," said Chebii.
The other Ethiopian Chebii was referring to was Atsedu Tsegay, who clocked this year's fastest time of 58.34 while winning at Prague. Tsegay too is expected to run a very fast race, with an eye not only on the course record, but on the world record held by Eritrean Zersenay Tadese.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pop sensation Lady Gaga spent around 8,000 pounds on a shopping spree in Manchester, Engl
- Jennifer Lopez buys USD 22m house
- Best friends Salman Khan, Aamir Khan will be seen together once again
- Why did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?
- Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tape
- Top most Sexy South Sirens
- In pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country