- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
David Rudisha to participate in Delhi Marathon Last Updated : 19 Sep 2012 07:47:57 PM IST File photo of athlete David Rudisha.
His 800m dash at the Olympic Stadium was described as one of the highlights of the London Games, and sports lovers in Delhi will get a chance to catch a glimpse of star athlete David Rudisha in person, during the Delhi Half Marathon on September 30th.
The 800m world record holder will be here next week as the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012.
"The champion runner David Rudisha will be the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012," announced Bharat Bambawale, Global Brand Director, Bharti Airtel at a press conference here today.
Rudisha's run was one of the highlights of the Games according to organising committee chief and Olympic legend Sebastian Coe.
Rudisha holds six of the eight fastest and half of the twenty fastest times ever recorded in the 800-metres event.
An annual half marathon foot-race that was first held in 2005, it has seen a record number of registrations in all the categories this year.
"We have seen over subscriptions to all race categories this year. A total of 31,746 runners have registered so far for the event," said Dilip Jayram, CEO, Procam International.
The famous 'Great Delhi Run' has seen a whopping 19781 registrations while the 'Half Marathon' has seen a 27 per cent increase with 10609 entries. The women's field has also seen a 22 per cent increase in registrations.
The Gold Label IAAF-approved Road Race, with a prize money of USD 210,000 and USD 25,000 for new world records and USD 10,000 for a course record, has attracted elite runners with 12 male athletes having sub-60 timings and 8 female with sub-70 timings.
Leading the men's field will be the world's fastest half-marathon runner of the year, Ethopian Atsedu Tsegay. Tsegay will be looking to lower the world record of 58.23. He will be joined by fellow Ethopian and defending champion Lelisa Desisa and course record holder Deriba Merga.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Neha Sharma, who will be seen in a special role in the upcoming film "Mubarakan",
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
- 'Rajinikanth's visit to Sri Lanka might earn wrath of Tamil community'
- Movie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' crosses Rs 100 crore mark in India
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah': Swara shines in this hard-hitting drama
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
Finnish tech firm Nokia, which made a comeback with three Android-based phones -- Nokia 6,