- Images: Kim Kardashian caught paddleboarding in red hot bikiniImages: Why Pamela Anderson refused ALS ice bucket challengeKalki, Esha, Mallika, Kajal: Hot Bollywood babes turn car washersJay Bhanushali comfortable doing intimate scenes with Sunny LeoneBirthday girl Malaika Arora Khan’s top 5 hot picsBirthday special: Vaani Kapoor hot photoshootKatrina to shoot her sexiest item number everHappy Birthday sexy Gauahar KhanPics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age difference
Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real M
David Rudisha to participate in Delhi Marathon Last Updated : 19 Sep 2012 07:47:57 PM IST File photo of athlete David Rudisha.
His 800m dash at the Olympic Stadium was described as one of the highlights of the London Games, and sports lovers in Delhi will get a chance to catch a glimpse of star athlete David Rudisha in person, during the Delhi Half Marathon on September 30th.
The 800m world record holder will be here next week as the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012.
"The champion runner David Rudisha will be the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012," announced Bharat Bambawale, Global Brand Director, Bharti Airtel at a press conference here today.
Rudisha's run was one of the highlights of the Games according to organising committee chief and Olympic legend Sebastian Coe.
Rudisha holds six of the eight fastest and half of the twenty fastest times ever recorded in the 800-metres event.
An annual half marathon foot-race that was first held in 2005, it has seen a record number of registrations in all the categories this year.
"We have seen over subscriptions to all race categories this year. A total of 31,746 runners have registered so far for the event," said Dilip Jayram, CEO, Procam International.
The famous 'Great Delhi Run' has seen a whopping 19781 registrations while the 'Half Marathon' has seen a 27 per cent increase with 10609 entries. The women's field has also seen a 22 per cent increase in registrations.
The Gold Label IAAF-approved Road Race, with a prize money of USD 210,000 and USD 25,000 for new world records and USD 10,000 for a course record, has attracted elite runners with 12 male athletes having sub-60 timings and 8 female with sub-70 timings.
Leading the men's field will be the world's fastest half-marathon runner of the year, Ethopian Atsedu Tsegay. Tsegay will be looking to lower the world record of 58.23. He will be joined by fellow Ethopian and defending champion Lelisa Desisa and course record holder Deriba Merga.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kim Kardashian has been trying to drop some weight and working hard on her figure for that
- Images: Why Pamela Anderson refused ALS ice bucket challenge
- Kalki, Esha, Mallika, Kajal: Hot Bollywood babes turn car washers
- Jay Bhanushali comfortable doing intimate scenes with Sunny Leone
- Birthday girl Malaika Arora Khan’s top 5 hot pics
- Birthday special: Vaani Kapoor hot photoshoot
- Katrina to shoot her sexiest item number ever
- Happy Birthday sexy Gauahar Khan
- Pics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart