- Riteish, Nargis team up for Eros' nextSushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun DhawanLava launches- Lava A88, A71, and X11Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!Mughal Gardens open for publicMovie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the wayRanveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in TorontoAnushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'Bollywood's all time romantic couples!
India produced a disappointing performance to lose to arch-rivals Pakistan 0-1 in a lacklu
David Rudisha to participate in Delhi Marathon Last Updated : 19 Sep 2012 07:47:57 PM IST File photo of athlete David Rudisha.
His 800m dash at the Olympic Stadium was described as one of the highlights of the London Games, and sports lovers in Delhi will get a chance to catch a glimpse of star athlete David Rudisha in person, during the Delhi Half Marathon on September 30th.
The 800m world record holder will be here next week as the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012.
"The champion runner David Rudisha will be the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012," announced Bharat Bambawale, Global Brand Director, Bharti Airtel at a press conference here today.
Rudisha's run was one of the highlights of the Games according to organising committee chief and Olympic legend Sebastian Coe.
Rudisha holds six of the eight fastest and half of the twenty fastest times ever recorded in the 800-metres event.
An annual half marathon foot-race that was first held in 2005, it has seen a record number of registrations in all the categories this year.
"We have seen over subscriptions to all race categories this year. A total of 31,746 runners have registered so far for the event," said Dilip Jayram, CEO, Procam International.
The famous 'Great Delhi Run' has seen a whopping 19781 registrations while the 'Half Marathon' has seen a 27 per cent increase with 10609 entries. The women's field has also seen a 22 per cent increase in registrations.
The Gold Label IAAF-approved Road Race, with a prize money of USD 210,000 and USD 25,000 for new world records and USD 10,000 for a course record, has attracted elite runners with 12 male athletes having sub-60 timings and 8 female with sub-70 timings.
Leading the men's field will be the world's fastest half-marathon runner of the year, Ethopian Atsedu Tsegay. Tsegay will be looking to lower the world record of 58.23. He will be joined by fellow Ethopian and defending champion Lelisa Desisa and course record holder Deriba Merga.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Riteish Deshmukh and Nargis Fakhri have collaborated for the first time for Eros Internati
- Sushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor
- 'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun Dhawan
- Nargis Fakhri happy being Maharashtrian mulgi for Banjo
- Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!
- John shares new poster of 'Rocky Handsome'
- Movie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the way
- Ranveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in Toronto
- Anushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.