- After posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to IslamSalman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track \'In Da Club\'Aish or Kat, who looks hot with Hrithik, view picsStandoff in Ladakh\'s Chumar ends as PLA troops returnKatrina Kaif with Salman Khan in Bigg Boss 8Katrina, Hrithik at song launch of \'Bang Bang\'Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da ClubWhat are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on hand
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
David Rudisha to participate in Delhi Marathon Last Updated : 19 Sep 2012 07:47:57 PM IST File photo of athlete David Rudisha.
His 800m dash at the Olympic Stadium was described as one of the highlights of the London Games, and sports lovers in Delhi will get a chance to catch a glimpse of star athlete David Rudisha in person, during the Delhi Half Marathon on September 30th.
The 800m world record holder will be here next week as the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012.
"The champion runner David Rudisha will be the Event Ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012," announced Bharat Bambawale, Global Brand Director, Bharti Airtel at a press conference here today.
Rudisha's run was one of the highlights of the Games according to organising committee chief and Olympic legend Sebastian Coe.
Rudisha holds six of the eight fastest and half of the twenty fastest times ever recorded in the 800-metres event.
An annual half marathon foot-race that was first held in 2005, it has seen a record number of registrations in all the categories this year.
"We have seen over subscriptions to all race categories this year. A total of 31,746 runners have registered so far for the event," said Dilip Jayram, CEO, Procam International.
The famous 'Great Delhi Run' has seen a whopping 19781 registrations while the 'Half Marathon' has seen a 27 per cent increase with 10609 entries. The women's field has also seen a 22 per cent increase in registrations.
The Gold Label IAAF-approved Road Race, with a prize money of USD 210,000 and USD 25,000 for new world records and USD 10,000 for a course record, has attracted elite runners with 12 male athletes having sub-60 timings and 8 female with sub-70 timings.
Leading the men's field will be the world's fastest half-marathon runner of the year, Ethopian Atsedu Tsegay. Tsegay will be looking to lower the world record of 58.23. He will be joined by fellow Ethopian and defending champion Lelisa Desisa and course record holder Deriba Merga.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahrukh Khan has beaten fellow superstars and arch rivals Salman Khan and Aamir Khan. Won
- 'Happy New Year' talks with US media
- Images: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?
- Aamir wants no item girls in B-wood
- Pics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
- Aditi gets into Chandramukhi mode
- Katrina performs daring stunts in water
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
- Sunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr