- What make Aishwarya stay awake all night?Birthday Special: Aish's most gorgeous sefliesLisa Haydon skipped 'The Shaukeens' promotionsHow Aishwarya lost post-pregnancy weightKapil Sharma's wife does not like his jokes on herTen best dressed starsWedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj Khan
Former Indian tennis legend Vijay Amritraj says Sania Mirza should not have quit playing
Dara Singh vs King Kong fight will always be remembered Last Updated : 12 Jul 2012 01:43:10 PM IST File Photo
Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who passed away on Thursday, will always be remembered for one of the most exciting fights in the history of wrestling competitions when he lifted an almost 200kg King Kong of Australia over his head and twirled him around.
In what went down in the history as one of the most breathtaking fights in the wrestling ring, Dara Singh, weighing 130 kg, lifted King Kong over his head and twirled him around in dramatic fashion. It made King Kong yell at the referee, reminding him that this was not in the rules.
When the referee tried to come and stop it, Dara Singh virtually threw the Australian out of the ring and he fell just a few feet from the crowd.
His bouts with King Kong invariably attracted huge crowds who were left fascinated by the show of strength and skills.
Apart from Dara Singh and King Kong, Flash Gordon was the third wrestler who ruled the ring in 1950s.
And the myths created by the press agents made these wrestlers seem to be invincible men, so to see them fighting in the ring was like watching two invincibles trying to destroy each other.
While Dara Singh used to eat enormous number of chapatis, King Kong used to swallow chickens by the dozens.
Dara Singh took part in about 500 professional fights, all undefeated while competing against some of the greatest names like George Gordienko of Canada, John Desilva of New Zealand and others.
He won the title of 'Rustam-E-Punjab' and 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess.
The wrestler entered the film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in "King Kong" and "Faulad". The veteran actor also played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series 'Ramayan'.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It's a saying that lack of sleep makes yous skin dull. But actress and former Miss World A
- Birthday Special: Aish's most gorgeous seflies
- Lisa Haydon skipped 'The Shaukeens' promotions
- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengue
- How Aishwarya lost post-pregnancy weight
- Kapil Sharma's wife does not like his jokes on her
- Ten best dressed stars
- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- New poster of 'Rang Rasiya' out now
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand