- Arpita Khan's birthday at Barcelona, will Salman go?Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood12-yr-old Nicole Barr is as intelligent as Albert Eintein and Stephen HawkingFloods create a havoc in Kolkata, in picsMumbai costliest city for travellersBeyonce suffers wardrobe malfunctionAishwarya coming back after 5-yearsKangana walks ramp for designer Manav GangwaniChina's chicken, lamb kebabs in DelhiSee Richa in de-glamourised avatar
Sporting legend Milkha Singh in Chandigarh on Sunday congratulated golfer Ranveer Singh Sa
Dara Singh vs King Kong fight will always be remembered Last Updated : 12 Jul 2012 01:43:10 PM IST File Photo
Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who passed away on Thursday, will always be remembered for one of the most exciting fights in the history of wrestling competitions when he lifted an almost 200kg King Kong of Australia over his head and twirled him around.
In what went down in the history as one of the most breathtaking fights in the wrestling ring, Dara Singh, weighing 130 kg, lifted King Kong over his head and twirled him around in dramatic fashion. It made King Kong yell at the referee, reminding him that this was not in the rules.
When the referee tried to come and stop it, Dara Singh virtually threw the Australian out of the ring and he fell just a few feet from the crowd.
His bouts with King Kong invariably attracted huge crowds who were left fascinated by the show of strength and skills.
Apart from Dara Singh and King Kong, Flash Gordon was the third wrestler who ruled the ring in 1950s.
And the myths created by the press agents made these wrestlers seem to be invincible men, so to see them fighting in the ring was like watching two invincibles trying to destroy each other.
While Dara Singh used to eat enormous number of chapatis, King Kong used to swallow chickens by the dozens.
Dara Singh took part in about 500 professional fights, all undefeated while competing against some of the greatest names like George Gordienko of Canada, John Desilva of New Zealand and others.
He won the title of 'Rustam-E-Punjab' and 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess.
The wrestler entered the film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in "King Kong" and "Faulad". The veteran actor also played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series 'Ramayan'.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Arpita Khan, Salman Khan's darling sister is celebrating her birthday in Barcelona in styl
- Dhak Dhak girl launches her latest venture Madz
- Why Hrithik Roshan praised Freida Pinto so much?
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' launched
- Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood
- YRF to debut on US TV now!
- Akshara Haasan to walk ramp for Bridal show
- Sonakshi excited for Dawood's sister role
- AIB now to spoof Bollywood party songs
12-year-old UK girl gets highest IQ test score of 162
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that