- Meet Matin Rey TanguReview: Kaabil is a winnerSRK saddened by death of fan in VadodaraIs Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?In pics: Might and pride of IndiaMeet Virat die-hard fan NikashDeewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh BachchanHonda City Facelift likely to launch in Feb 2017Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'Heavy rain and snow forecast for J&K
Indian tennis ace Rohan Bopanna and his Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski advanced to
Dara Singh vs King Kong fight will always be remembered Last Updated : 12 Jul 2012 01:43:10 PM IST File Photo
Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who passed away on Thursday, will always be remembered for one of the most exciting fights in the history of wrestling competitions when he lifted an almost 200kg King Kong of Australia over his head and twirled him around.
In what went down in the history as one of the most breathtaking fights in the wrestling ring, Dara Singh, weighing 130 kg, lifted King Kong over his head and twirled him around in dramatic fashion. It made King Kong yell at the referee, reminding him that this was not in the rules.
When the referee tried to come and stop it, Dara Singh virtually threw the Australian out of the ring and he fell just a few feet from the crowd.
His bouts with King Kong invariably attracted huge crowds who were left fascinated by the show of strength and skills.
Apart from Dara Singh and King Kong, Flash Gordon was the third wrestler who ruled the ring in 1950s.
And the myths created by the press agents made these wrestlers seem to be invincible men, so to see them fighting in the ring was like watching two invincibles trying to destroy each other.
While Dara Singh used to eat enormous number of chapatis, King Kong used to swallow chickens by the dozens.
Dara Singh took part in about 500 professional fights, all undefeated while competing against some of the greatest names like George Gordienko of Canada, John Desilva of New Zealand and others.
He won the title of 'Rustam-E-Punjab' and 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess.
The wrestler entered the film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in "King Kong" and "Faulad". The veteran actor also played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series 'Ramayan'.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan had a little c0-star In 'Tubelight' too
- Review: Kaabil is a winner
- Jackie Chan meets Salman Khan
- Is Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?
- Pics: Deewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh Bachchan
- SRK wanted Falguni Pathak to sing 'Udi udi'
- Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Sussanne-Hrithik's picture is too cute to handle
- Mumbai relatively safer, says Kangana Ranaut
Green vehicles -- hybrid, electric and fuel cell -- are gaining popularity in China owin
Thanks to its components (mainly chips) and semiconductors business, Samsung Electronics h