- Pics: Celebrations to continue for Yuvral-HazelPics: An actress who 'hated' the limelight, worked in over 140 filmsKnow why Sasikala will be the next power center of TN politicsI could generate content for social media: RanveerYRF to launch Anya Singh opposite Aadar JainUnknown facts about JayalalithaaPM Modi beats Obama, Trumph, Hillary, ZukurbergNeed patient director: SRK on SalmanPink bags four awards at 23rd Star Screen Awards 2016Dear Zindagi crosses Rs 50 crore mark
The current cash crunch in the country, following the November 8 demonetisation has led to
Dara Singh vs King Kong fight will always be remembered Last Updated : 12 Jul 2012 01:43:10 PM IST File Photo
Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who passed away on Thursday, will always be remembered for one of the most exciting fights in the history of wrestling competitions when he lifted an almost 200kg King Kong of Australia over his head and twirled him around.
In what went down in the history as one of the most breathtaking fights in the wrestling ring, Dara Singh, weighing 130 kg, lifted King Kong over his head and twirled him around in dramatic fashion. It made King Kong yell at the referee, reminding him that this was not in the rules.
When the referee tried to come and stop it, Dara Singh virtually threw the Australian out of the ring and he fell just a few feet from the crowd.
His bouts with King Kong invariably attracted huge crowds who were left fascinated by the show of strength and skills.
Apart from Dara Singh and King Kong, Flash Gordon was the third wrestler who ruled the ring in 1950s.
And the myths created by the press agents made these wrestlers seem to be invincible men, so to see them fighting in the ring was like watching two invincibles trying to destroy each other.
While Dara Singh used to eat enormous number of chapatis, King Kong used to swallow chickens by the dozens.
Dara Singh took part in about 500 professional fights, all undefeated while competing against some of the greatest names like George Gordienko of Canada, John Desilva of New Zealand and others.
He won the title of 'Rustam-E-Punjab' and 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess.
The wrestler entered the film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in "King Kong" and "Faulad". The veteran actor also played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series 'Ramayan'.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Celebrations continue for the beautiful newly wed Yuvraj Singh and Hazel
- I am the biggest dork: Sunny Leone
- Dharmendra shocked over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Give daughters respect, dignity: Big B
- Rajinikanth pays tribute to Jayalalithaa
- Film stars mourn J. Jayalalithaa's death
- Pics: I could generate content for social media: Ranveer
- YRF to launch Anya Singh opposite Aadar Jain
- Need patient director: SRK on Salman
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Domestic electronics company Zebronics on Monday launched a new Bluetooth headphone 'Etern