- Watch Sunny Leone’s unseen bikini photosSalman owns these carsWill Salman Khan pose nude for Aamir?TVS launches Scooty ZestShilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen in sexy outfits at LFWPriyanka wary of hot scenesIce water Challenge goes viral in BollywoodBipasha becomes new tantrum queen of Bollywood?Hrithik angry with katrinaSalman\'s hot neigbour Jacqueline
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
Dara Singh vs King Kong fight will always be remembered Last Updated : 12 Jul 2012 01:43:10 PM IST File Photo
Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who passed away on Thursday, will always be remembered for one of the most exciting fights in the history of wrestling competitions when he lifted an almost 200kg King Kong of Australia over his head and twirled him around.
In what went down in the history as one of the most breathtaking fights in the wrestling ring, Dara Singh, weighing 130 kg, lifted King Kong over his head and twirled him around in dramatic fashion. It made King Kong yell at the referee, reminding him that this was not in the rules.
When the referee tried to come and stop it, Dara Singh virtually threw the Australian out of the ring and he fell just a few feet from the crowd.
His bouts with King Kong invariably attracted huge crowds who were left fascinated by the show of strength and skills.
Apart from Dara Singh and King Kong, Flash Gordon was the third wrestler who ruled the ring in 1950s.
And the myths created by the press agents made these wrestlers seem to be invincible men, so to see them fighting in the ring was like watching two invincibles trying to destroy each other.
While Dara Singh used to eat enormous number of chapatis, King Kong used to swallow chickens by the dozens.
Dara Singh took part in about 500 professional fights, all undefeated while competing against some of the greatest names like George Gordienko of Canada, John Desilva of New Zealand and others.
He won the title of 'Rustam-E-Punjab' and 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess.
The wrestler entered the film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in "King Kong" and "Faulad". The veteran actor also played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series 'Ramayan'.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Role of Mastani is a dream role for any Bollywood diva, why did Katrina refuse this?
- Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view pics
- Sonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view pics
- Bang Bang movie ‘Tu Meri’ song teaser out, watch now
- Watch Sunny Leone’s unseen bikini photos
- Salman owns these cars
- Will Salman Khan pose nude for Aamir?
- Shilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen in sexy outfits at LFW
- Priyanka wary of hot scenes
It is super wired, shocking and unnatural but it is true. A donkey in Saudi avoided rape a
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart