- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
Dara Singh vs King Kong fight will always be remembered Last Updated : 12 Jul 2012 01:43:10 PM IST File Photo
Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who passed away on Thursday, will always be remembered for one of the most exciting fights in the history of wrestling competitions when he lifted an almost 200kg King Kong of Australia over his head and twirled him around.
In what went down in the history as one of the most breathtaking fights in the wrestling ring, Dara Singh, weighing 130 kg, lifted King Kong over his head and twirled him around in dramatic fashion. It made King Kong yell at the referee, reminding him that this was not in the rules.
When the referee tried to come and stop it, Dara Singh virtually threw the Australian out of the ring and he fell just a few feet from the crowd.
His bouts with King Kong invariably attracted huge crowds who were left fascinated by the show of strength and skills.
Apart from Dara Singh and King Kong, Flash Gordon was the third wrestler who ruled the ring in 1950s.
And the myths created by the press agents made these wrestlers seem to be invincible men, so to see them fighting in the ring was like watching two invincibles trying to destroy each other.
While Dara Singh used to eat enormous number of chapatis, King Kong used to swallow chickens by the dozens.
Dara Singh took part in about 500 professional fights, all undefeated while competing against some of the greatest names like George Gordienko of Canada, John Desilva of New Zealand and others.
He won the title of 'Rustam-E-Punjab' and 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess.
The wrestler entered the film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in "King Kong" and "Faulad". The veteran actor also played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series 'Ramayan'.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nargis Fakhri made her debut in Bollywood with the romantic movie 'Rockstar' oppos
- Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!
- John shares new poster of 'Rocky Handsome'
- Ranveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in Toronto
- Anushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'
- SRK fined Rs.1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Bollywood's all time romantic couples!
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.