- Make a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer released
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Bahuguna hints at Namdhari's removal Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 10:46:26 PM IST File photo of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday hinted that State Minority Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who was present during the shootout at a farmhouse in Delhi in which liquor baron Ponty Chaddha and his brother were killed, might be removed.
"His (Namdhari's) tenure is yet to be over. But the state administration will act and find a way out to remove him," the Chief Minister told reporters here in reply to a question.
Namdhari was appointed chairman of the Uttarakhand Minority Commission during the BJP rule in 2010.
His association with Chaddha came under scanner when it came to light that he was present along with his PSO Sachin Tyagi, an Uttarakhand Police constable, at the time of the shootout at the farmhouse in which Ponty Chaddha and his brother Hardeep were killed.
The name of Namdhari's PSO has also cropped up in connection with the incident prompting state DGP Satyavrat Bansal to send a team to the national capital to ascertain facts about his alleged role in the incident.
Tyagi allegedly fired a few shots during the shootout to protect himself and his protectee.
A police team headed by Inspector Pramod Shah had been sent to Delhi to find out facts about alleged role of Tyagi, the DGP said.
He said some cases were lodged against Namdhari in Uttarakhand.
The DGP, however, added he could not say anything about the type of cases and in which part of the state these were registered.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r