- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Chardham yatra ends Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 07:10:35 PM IST File photo related to Chardham yatra temples in Uttarakhand.
The famous Chardham yatra in Uttarakhand came to a close today with a ceremonial closure of the sacred portals of Badrinath in upper Himalayas amid chanting of hymns.
The head priest of the shrine performed elaborate rituals before locking the doors of the shrine at 3:35 pm today in the presence of religious heads and administration officials, Badrinath-Kedarnath committee officials said.
The idol of Lord Vishnu has been shifted out of the sanctum sanctorum of the high-altitude shrine and will be carried in a palanquin tomorrow to Pandukeshwar, where it will be worshipped during the winter when the temple is completely snow-bound.
A large number of pilgrims were also present outside the temple to witness the closing ceremony.
Badrinath temple is situated at a height of 3133 mt in Chamoli district in the middle of Garhwal Himalayas.
On Thursday, portals of Kedarnath and Yamunotri shrines situated in Garhwal region of the state were closed.
The Chardham yatra comprising pilgrimage to Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri begins in April-May and closes around October-November as the area remains covered under snow during winter.
The yatra attracts nearly 15-16 lakh pilgrims every year and the local economy depends heavily on it.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After Farhan Akhtar, Shyam Benegal and Ashoke Pandit, filmmaker Kabir Khan has slammed the
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
- Plastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha Takia
- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana Ranaut
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro