- Salman Khan’s rivals turned-friendsHrithik, Sussanne spotted togetherBipasha Basu cooks pasta at Delhi Half MarathonArpita, Ayush on 'Bigg Boss 8' setsIs Katrina upset and did not come in receptionWhy these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's Aashram
FC Goa scored a goal in each half to down a fighting FC Pune City to move to the fourth p
Chardham yatra ends Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 07:10:35 PM IST File photo related to Chardham yatra temples in Uttarakhand.
The famous Chardham yatra in Uttarakhand came to a close today with a ceremonial closure of the sacred portals of Badrinath in upper Himalayas amid chanting of hymns.
The head priest of the shrine performed elaborate rituals before locking the doors of the shrine at 3:35 pm today in the presence of religious heads and administration officials, Badrinath-Kedarnath committee officials said.
The idol of Lord Vishnu has been shifted out of the sanctum sanctorum of the high-altitude shrine and will be carried in a palanquin tomorrow to Pandukeshwar, where it will be worshipped during the winter when the temple is completely snow-bound.
A large number of pilgrims were also present outside the temple to witness the closing ceremony.
Badrinath temple is situated at a height of 3133 mt in Chamoli district in the middle of Garhwal Himalayas.
On Thursday, portals of Kedarnath and Yamunotri shrines situated in Garhwal region of the state were closed.
The Chardham yatra comprising pilgrimage to Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri begins in April-May and closes around October-November as the area remains covered under snow during winter.
The yatra attracts nearly 15-16 lakh pilgrims every year and the local economy depends heavily on it.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Salman Khan is friends once again with his once upon a time rivals
- Hrithik, Sussanne spotted together
- Arpita, Ayush on 'Bigg Boss 8' sets
- Anushka, Sushant look refreshing in 'Chaar Kadam'
- FIRST LOOK: Rekha in 'Fitoor'
- Is Katrina upset and did not come in reception
- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan's reception
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.