- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer releasedWant my daughter to be proud of me: ShahidTips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip Last Updated : 24 Sep 2013 06:52:19 PM IST File photo.
In a brazen display of insensitivity, a police officer allegedly asked a 16-year-old rape-victim to strip before him to confirm the incident in Uttar Pradesh's Kushinagar district, prompting district police to order an inquiry.
The minor girl, who was allegedly raped by a 19-year-old youth in Nebua Naurangia area on September 21, approached area Station House Officer(SHO) Jasraj Yadav to file a complaint, sources said.
However, the SHO of Nebua, instead of filing the FIR, asked the girl to strip before him so that he could confirm the incident.
According to the sources, the minor left the police station in a haste after the officer's brazen demand.
Later, the victim approached senior police officers after which her medical examination was conducted on September 22.
The FIR was registered yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police Lalit Kumar said that an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the victim has been ordered.
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip, probe ordered:
Circle Officer of Khadda police station will probe into the allegation, the SP said, adding that, "if found guilty action would be taken against the officer".
The inquiry into the rape case will be handed over to UP Crime Branch, the SP said.
However, the SHO has refuted the allegation, saying that the victim herself called the youth to her house on the night of September 21.
"When the family members of the girl caught her in a compromising position with the youth, they assaulted him brutally," he said.
Yadav claimed that when the girl's family members realised that the youth might die, a local leader created pressure to lodge a complaint.
The incident comes close on the heels of suspension of Moradabad SSP for allegedly beating three police followers posted at his residence. He has been placed under suspension.
The SSP allegedly beat the police followers posted at his residence in Moradabad on Saturday for not informing him about the visit of SP leader S T Hasan and keeping the leader waiting.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is interesting to see how Alia Bhatt's reputation as someone who gets trolled and is co
- My films have never made money: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Shoojit Sircar prefers football over filmmaking
- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
- Shivaay: second trailer released
- Want my daughter to be proud of me: Shahid
- Shabana Azmi criticises Maharashtra CM
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
On October 23, 2001, Apple Co-Founder and former Chief Executive Steve Jobs unveiled iPod,