- Ankita Lokhande not dating Kushal TandonHeavy showers lashes Mumbai, high tide expectedSky is the limit for me with right director: Alia BhattIt's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: DeepikaRevealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compellingShivaay poster: Erika Kaar joins the journeyBollywood at IIFA:When celebs put their hair down!Bollywood's bold babesWhy Salman Khan's Sultan will not be promoted on the Kapil Sharma show
The group stages are finally over and we now know how the knockout stages of Euro 2016 are
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip Last Updated : 24 Sep 2013 06:52:19 PM IST File photo.
In a brazen display of insensitivity, a police officer allegedly asked a 16-year-old rape-victim to strip before him to confirm the incident in Uttar Pradesh's Kushinagar district, prompting district police to order an inquiry.
The minor girl, who was allegedly raped by a 19-year-old youth in Nebua Naurangia area on September 21, approached area Station House Officer(SHO) Jasraj Yadav to file a complaint, sources said.
However, the SHO of Nebua, instead of filing the FIR, asked the girl to strip before him so that he could confirm the incident.
According to the sources, the minor left the police station in a haste after the officer's brazen demand.
Later, the victim approached senior police officers after which her medical examination was conducted on September 22.
The FIR was registered yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police Lalit Kumar said that an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the victim has been ordered.
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip, probe ordered:
Circle Officer of Khadda police station will probe into the allegation, the SP said, adding that, "if found guilty action would be taken against the officer".
The inquiry into the rape case will be handed over to UP Crime Branch, the SP said.
However, the SHO has refuted the allegation, saying that the victim herself called the youth to her house on the night of September 21.
"When the family members of the girl caught her in a compromising position with the youth, they assaulted him brutally," he said.
Yadav claimed that when the girl's family members realised that the youth might die, a local leader created pressure to lodge a complaint.
The incident comes close on the heels of suspension of Moradabad SSP for allegedly beating three police followers posted at his residence. He has been placed under suspension.
The SSP allegedly beat the police followers posted at his residence in Moradabad on Saturday for not informing him about the visit of SP leader S T Hasan and keeping the leader waiting.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rishi Kapoor has said that he did not question the naming of public assets after Gandhi-Ne
- 'Raman Raghav 2.0' gets slow start at box office
- Shraddha Kapoor injured on 'Half Girlfriend' set
- R.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of masses
- Hopefully Hollywood will be my next destination: Alia Bhatt
- 'R.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of masses'
- 'Bajirao Mastani' sweeps technical awards at IIFA gala
- Nicolas Cage splits from wife Alice Kim
- Mrudula Murali to make Bollywood debut with 'Raag Desh'
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Panasonic India on Thursday launched a new fully-rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight Toughbook CF-2