- Rape accused lynched in DimapurWatch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest IndianSpring collection for Kids
Saina Nehwal and H S Prannoy have reached second round of All England badminton champion
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip Last Updated : 24 Sep 2013 06:52:19 PM IST File photo.
In a brazen display of insensitivity, a police officer allegedly asked a 16-year-old rape-victim to strip before him to confirm the incident in Uttar Pradesh's Kushinagar district, prompting district police to order an inquiry.
The minor girl, who was allegedly raped by a 19-year-old youth in Nebua Naurangia area on September 21, approached area Station House Officer(SHO) Jasraj Yadav to file a complaint, sources said.
However, the SHO of Nebua, instead of filing the FIR, asked the girl to strip before him so that he could confirm the incident.
According to the sources, the minor left the police station in a haste after the officer's brazen demand.
Later, the victim approached senior police officers after which her medical examination was conducted on September 22.
The FIR was registered yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police Lalit Kumar said that an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the victim has been ordered.
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip, probe ordered:
Circle Officer of Khadda police station will probe into the allegation, the SP said, adding that, "if found guilty action would be taken against the officer".
The inquiry into the rape case will be handed over to UP Crime Branch, the SP said.
However, the SHO has refuted the allegation, saying that the victim herself called the youth to her house on the night of September 21.
"When the family members of the girl caught her in a compromising position with the youth, they assaulted him brutally," he said.
Yadav claimed that when the girl's family members realised that the youth might die, a local leader created pressure to lodge a complaint.
The incident comes close on the heels of suspension of Moradabad SSP for allegedly beating three police followers posted at his residence. He has been placed under suspension.
The SSP allegedly beat the police followers posted at his residence in Moradabad on Saturday for not informing him about the visit of SP leader S T Hasan and keeping the leader waiting.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When Holi is round the corner, can anyone forget all-time hit Bollywood songs?
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter Ziva
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o