- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip Last Updated : 24 Sep 2013 06:52:19 PM IST File photo.
In a brazen display of insensitivity, a police officer allegedly asked a 16-year-old rape-victim to strip before him to confirm the incident in Uttar Pradesh's Kushinagar district, prompting district police to order an inquiry.
The minor girl, who was allegedly raped by a 19-year-old youth in Nebua Naurangia area on September 21, approached area Station House Officer(SHO) Jasraj Yadav to file a complaint, sources said.
However, the SHO of Nebua, instead of filing the FIR, asked the girl to strip before him so that he could confirm the incident.
According to the sources, the minor left the police station in a haste after the officer's brazen demand.
Later, the victim approached senior police officers after which her medical examination was conducted on September 22.
The FIR was registered yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police Lalit Kumar said that an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the victim has been ordered.
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip, probe ordered:
Circle Officer of Khadda police station will probe into the allegation, the SP said, adding that, "if found guilty action would be taken against the officer".
The inquiry into the rape case will be handed over to UP Crime Branch, the SP said.
However, the SHO has refuted the allegation, saying that the victim herself called the youth to her house on the night of September 21.
"When the family members of the girl caught her in a compromising position with the youth, they assaulted him brutally," he said.
Yadav claimed that when the girl's family members realised that the youth might die, a local leader created pressure to lodge a complaint.
The incident comes close on the heels of suspension of Moradabad SSP for allegedly beating three police followers posted at his residence. He has been placed under suspension.
The SSP allegedly beat the police followers posted at his residence in Moradabad on Saturday for not informing him about the visit of SP leader S T Hasan and keeping the leader waiting.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Palak Muchhal broke down while recording a song titled “Lori” for Mahesh Bhatt'
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cut
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- 'Top Cat' actor, Marvin Kaplan dead
- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999