- Pics: Celebrations to continue for Yuvral-HazelPics: An actress who 'hated' the limelight, worked in over 140 filmsKnow why Sasikala will be the next power center of TN politicsI could generate content for social media: RanveerYRF to launch Anya Singh opposite Aadar JainUnknown facts about JayalalithaaPM Modi beats Obama, Trumph, Hillary, ZukurbergNeed patient director: SRK on SalmanPink bags four awards at 23rd Star Screen Awards 2016Dear Zindagi crosses Rs 50 crore mark
The current cash crunch in the country, following the November 8 demonetisation has led to
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip Last Updated : 24 Sep 2013 06:52:19 PM IST File photo.
In a brazen display of insensitivity, a police officer allegedly asked a 16-year-old rape-victim to strip before him to confirm the incident in Uttar Pradesh's Kushinagar district, prompting district police to order an inquiry.
The minor girl, who was allegedly raped by a 19-year-old youth in Nebua Naurangia area on September 21, approached area Station House Officer(SHO) Jasraj Yadav to file a complaint, sources said.
However, the SHO of Nebua, instead of filing the FIR, asked the girl to strip before him so that he could confirm the incident.
According to the sources, the minor left the police station in a haste after the officer's brazen demand.
Later, the victim approached senior police officers after which her medical examination was conducted on September 22.
The FIR was registered yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police Lalit Kumar said that an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the victim has been ordered.
Police officer asks rape-victim to strip, probe ordered:
Circle Officer of Khadda police station will probe into the allegation, the SP said, adding that, "if found guilty action would be taken against the officer".
The inquiry into the rape case will be handed over to UP Crime Branch, the SP said.
However, the SHO has refuted the allegation, saying that the victim herself called the youth to her house on the night of September 21.
"When the family members of the girl caught her in a compromising position with the youth, they assaulted him brutally," he said.
Yadav claimed that when the girl's family members realised that the youth might die, a local leader created pressure to lodge a complaint.
The incident comes close on the heels of suspension of Moradabad SSP for allegedly beating three police followers posted at his residence. He has been placed under suspension.
The SSP allegedly beat the police followers posted at his residence in Moradabad on Saturday for not informing him about the visit of SP leader S T Hasan and keeping the leader waiting.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Celebrations continue for the beautiful newly wed Yuvraj Singh and Hazel
- I am the biggest dork: Sunny Leone
- Dharmendra shocked over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Give daughters respect, dignity: Big B
- Rajinikanth pays tribute to Jayalalithaa
- Film stars mourn J. Jayalalithaa's death
- Pics: I could generate content for social media: Ranveer
- YRF to launch Anya Singh opposite Aadar Jain
- Need patient director: SRK on Salman
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Domestic electronics company Zebronics on Monday launched a new Bluetooth headphone 'Etern