- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
The Olympic flag, carried by Tokyo governor Yuriko Koike, arrived in the Japanese capital,
Trust donates Rs one crore for Uttarakhand victims Last Updated : 26 Jun 2013 07:10:59 PM IST Photo related to the handing over cheque to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister for flood victims in Uttarakhand.
Deeply grieved by the flash floods in Uttarakhand that have left several thousands traumatized, a trust has donated Rupees One Crore to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund for relief work in Uttarakhand state.
Trust representative Ram Puri of Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj met the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Akhilesh Yadav at his official residence at 5 Kalidas Marg, Lucknow on Wednesday and handed over demand draft of Rs. One Crore. Ram Puri also conveyed the deep condolences of Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj on this massive destruction of human life in the State of Uttarakhand.
A message from Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj urging the victims to have courage and unshakeable faith in god and praising the Army Jawans for their valiant efforts in rescuing people was also handed over to the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj has also expressed hope that those who are still caught somewhere are rescued and brought back safely and quickly.
The Chief Minister thanked Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat and Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj for the contribution and said that Uttarakhand has suffered a major loss of human lives and property due to the rain tragedy and it needed help from all quarters. He said that the amount donated by Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat would give succor to a lot of people who have seen the worst.
The trust founded by Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj, the 5th original Jagadguru of this age, has been working tirelessly since last 60 years for the welfare of humanity. The Parishat has earlier also donated an amount of Rs. 10 Lacs for the aid of Bhuj Earthquake victims in the year 2001, Rs. 25 Lacs for Tsunami victims in 2004 and again Rs. 2 Crore for Bihar flood victims in 2008.
Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat also carries out various spiritual, philanthropic and humanitarian activities in order to serve the general public. Two fully functional multi-disciplinary hospitals have been established, and both provide thousands of poor villagers medical treatment and medicines completely free. A secular educational Institution is being financed and run by JKP, which provides underprivileged girls Free Education upto post graduation level.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shraddha Kapoor might enter the Indian small screen via a music reality TV show. The actre
- tiger shroff wants to clean noble caharcters
- music will always remain integral part:karan hariharan
- film with SRK at premature stage : kangana Ranaut
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
- Rustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual
- First Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge