- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college partyWon't camouflage baby bump on screen: KareenaMy husband is with Sindhu, this makes a difference
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has credited Zinedine Zidane's appointment as Real
Akhilesh Yadav presents deficit budget for UP Last Updated : 19 Feb 2013 03:21:33 PM IST File Photo
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday presented a Rs 23,913 crore deficit budget for the state for 2013-14 at Rs 2,21,201.19 crore.
The budget tabled in the assembly showed a 10 per cent increase from the last year's size of Rs 2,00,110.61 crore.
While no new tax has been imposed in the budget, the fiscal deficit has been estimated at Rs 23,913 crore -- 2.9 per cent of the gross domestic product (GDP).
The government has estimated revenue receipts at Rs 2,15,919.82 crore and revenue savings at Rs 9,856.01 crore for the next financial year.
After deducting from the consolidated fund, the actual deficit would be Rs 5,281.37 crore, Yadav said in his address.
After adjusting Rs 3,550 crore from the PLA (personal ledger account), the net deficit is of Rs 1,731.7 crore.
While the opening balance is at Rs 2,957.9 crore, the expected closing balance has been shown at a surplus of Rs 1,226.53 crore.
The Budget has a provision of Rs 287 crore for construction of roads under the Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Samagra Vikas Scheme named after the socialist ideologue.
The Budget has proposed Rs 11,732 crore for improving the dismal power sector in the state. This is 24.5 per cent more than last year's allocation.
It has also proposed Rs 7,848 crore for roads and bridges, Rs 291 crore and Rs 109 crore respectively for special schemes and roads for the backward Purvanchal and Bundelkhand region.
While Rs 21,520 crore have been earmarked for basic education, a sum of Rs 10,367 crore have been allocated for secondary education and Rs 8,225 crore for medical health and family welfare.
A sum of Rs 1,456 crore has been provided for social welfare which includes funds to compensate for scholarship and fees for students belonging to scheduled castes.
An allocation of Rs 777 crore have been provided to compensate for scholarships and fees of students belonging to the minority community, which is Rs 100 crore more than last year. The Budget has also provided Rs 200 crore for imparting modern education in madarsas.
Besides Rs 300 crore have been earmarked for constructing boundary walls in graveyards of minority communities and Rs 34 crore for setting up multi purpose educational hub in minority dominated areas.
A sum of Rs 492 crore has been provided for doing away with critical gaps in minority dominated areas.
With an aim to deal with the massive problem of Japanese encephalitis in the eastern districts of the state, the Budget has an initial provision of Rs 5 crore for starting construction of a 500 bed paediatric institute in Gorakhpur medical college and another Rs 8 crore for MRI facility.
Yadav reiterated the government's resolve to set up state nutrition mission and a metro in Lucknow to meet the growing demand for better public transport system.
Earlier, the BSP members staged a walk-out from the House.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Who said this? Bigg Boss contestant and also hair stylist Bhavna Bhavnani gives shoc
- Deepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses now
- shraddha kapoor to judge reality show
- tiger shroff wants to clean noble caharcters
- music will always remain integral part:karan hariharan
- film with SRK at premature stage : kangana Ranaut
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge